What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do you keep it on the down low???

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
even if legal/medicinal...we had a solar guy over for final papers and such ... and I overheard my roommate/landlord telling the guy ...yeah I got some but its not ready now..WTF?????..first off none of it is his and second shut the fuck up!!!...word travels and you either get ripped or robbed...and neither would go well as I am prepared and crazy....I have seen so many peeps get robbed or ripped...... even tho I am legal I don't talk about the grow club...need to know basis!!!!!!.....I don't ever talk to random peeps and tell them I grow...FWIW the last solar guy did get some of my stuff but I was caught unaware smoking a j and he was medicinal...I still never told him I grew it and was growing....yeehaw...stay safe...luckily I have a crop guard and warning alarm

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
people who don't grow seemed amazed at grows and most likely will tell someone..IMHO. it will not be happening again ,,that's for damn sure....yeehaw

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No random assed joe gets a hint...
Let alone outright told.

To damn many lazy folks want something for nothing & if they know then they expect hand outs.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
agreed.. and you cant prove the weed is yours, its not like it has a vin on it...and everyone knows a smoker or many and can offload your crop easily...yeehaw

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
imo it's one thing for people to know you grow... out here in CO nearly EVRYONE grows, more and more so people you wouldn't expect.
the shadiest part of your story is "i have some it's not ready yet" - which to me implies a sale or some kind of sales.... which is the line you don't want to cross legally STILL.

assuming you protect your home from theft, your grow should be safe, it's the legal aspect of selling to someone you don't know that's really bad imo

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
no sales only donations ....lol... ..that's the term used in san diego..hell pick up the san diego reader or see it online...like 25 pages of places....DONATION is the key word to use it seems...ha ha..the market is wide open for now ...wont be much longer before it all changes bigtime..I don't need any help, my gear has its own demand already...I have real medical patients ,,not just a bunch of stoners..the people I help have some serious health issues....but I got nothing against someone just wanting to get high..i just feel sick peeps should get it cheaper as usually their bills are high enough....yeehaw ..medical since it began here in cali...luckily anyone can get a medical rec here in cali..I don't know anyone who ever got denied....before my bird died I was gonna try and get him a rec too.. I might get one for my german shepard..hey that's another 24 plants lol

St. Phatty

Talk about Deja Vu !

I'm taking Turmeric for the first time, maybe that's it - Turmeric Omelette giving me Deja Vu.

This is a New Thread - and I could swear we had another thread, something on the Down Low.

In any case, Discretion ... Stealth ... Covert Operation ... Trade Secret involving Plants - whatever you call it, keeping things on the down low is important for a number of reasons.

One that comes to mind is, in the event of a home robbery, I think a grow means you're a little bit more on your own.

So if the defense of one's home involves the discharge of a firearm, there is a lot to be said for quiet firearms. I am noticing that 24 inch and longer barrels are very good for that.

I shared the range with a 16 inch 5.56 and a 26 inch Remington Ultra Magnum recently. The 16 inch 5.56 was louder, uncomfortably so.

CoCoSativas

even if legal/medicinal...we had a solar guy over for final papers and such ... and I overheard my roommate/landlord telling the guy ...yeah I got some but its not ready now..WTF?????..first off none of it is his and second shut the fuck up!!!...word travels and you either get ripped or robbed...and neither would go well as I am prepared and crazy....I have seen so many peeps get robbed or ripped...... even tho I am legal I don't talk about the grow club...need to know basis!!!!!!.....I don't ever talk to random peeps and tell them I grow...FWIW the last solar guy did get some of my stuff but I was caught unaware smoking a j and he was medicinal...I still never told him I grew it and was growing....yeehaw...stay safe...luckily I have a crop guard and warning alarm[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65426&pictureid=1555885&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

That motherfucker is armed to the teeth! Grrrrrrrrr lol

Go crop guards!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am prepared,,,,, and after watching walking dead would like to see what a 119 ft lbs 365fps crossbow bolt would do to someones head...lol....I have a few quiet options for intruders but they still might scream....yeehaw...I am setting up security for my greenhouse..cameras hidden,motion sensors and possibly a pepper spray system....along with me being able to sleep close and the dog I aint worried ...but getting rid of a body takes some discreet work....lol...stay safe guys....

bagend12

Yeah, I try my best to keep it on the down low.

That pretty much goes for everything in my life also, i have a couple of other hobbies/interests that by and large I keep to myself as they involve expensive items and I see no reason to go around bragging/sharing that information with many people.

As to growing, I am pretty stealthy about that, but there is one guy that keeps tripping me the fuck up. I partnered with the guy many years ago on a large indoor grow and have regretted it ever since.

He's the kind of person who just can't shut the fuck up about anything. Comes over to my place, starts talking in as loud a voice as possible about drugs other than MJ, neighbors are outside and can more than likely hear him and than he wonders why I tell him to STFU and get inside. There have been a couple of other instances like that..worst was when I had a bbq that consisted primarily of co-workers (I work white collar for a large corporation ), and this guy pulls in. Within 5 minutes I overhear him talking to a senior manager in R&D about stuff he shouldn't be talking about..I was getting funny looks from the R&D guy and had to pass this guy off as the neighbor who just isn't right in the head.

This guys latest is he wants to bring the new chick he's banging over to see my current indoor setup. No fucking way...the chicks he dates tend to be 11 on a crazy scale that goes from 1-10..I'm pretty sure he's outed me to her as a grower, but she has not been over to see my grow nor will she...

For the life of me I just don't get people who don't know how to MYOB and STFU.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
I'm medical and in a legal state....but still NEVER talk ,tell, or show... started that way...
will stay that way ... always best when NOONE.... knows your bizniz ...
one of the innate problems w/ stoner's... they like to talk too much shit ...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya I like to stay low key and keeps peeps guessing..hell I don't even show off my hunting gear or talk about it..i keep most of that stuff in a separate safe storage area...I feel no need to brag about anything or show off...I just don't need the hassle of police poking around a crime scene...I have made it clear it wont happen again....yeehaw

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I have a friend who I give a few z's to because he needs it medically and he is my official smoke tester. He blabbed to another couple who hit me up for pot. I explained I couldn't
do that. I told the first guy to shut up even though this is a MED/REC state. Back in the day I had lots of friends get narced out and that is still with me. I am afraid now I will get a visit from the rippers. Oh Well.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've talked about my grows with the guys at the hydro shops, when I'm buying soil or equipment. That's as far as it goes when it comes to strangers. If I'm dating a girl and things are getting serious, I'll tell her about it. I'll also tell her that I'm just growing a little for personal use, and it's all legal here.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have never talked about a marijuana grow at hydro store.....I consider them a security risk and make sure to make sure not followed back to grow and be discreet there as possible..... the organic place I (CITY FARMERS) go to has a no talk about it policy anyhow.......but I have talked about legal veggie grows before when I had a farm and commercial veggie setup back east....yeehaw...looking back they,, prob assumed tomatoes was a key word for weed,,, as I was always high and stinking of it ...like usual...lol...