What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cut etiquette?

B

bigganjabud

Yea maybe i come:woohoo:

I am always popping seeds :p when i have time i start my journal then you see:biggrin:

That's the spirit ,you never know you might pop upon a future clone only!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for ya

shegrows

Thanks bigganjabud :) i would to upload pictures from a smarthphone, isn't this possible? Tapatalk doesn't find the forum

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
dont forget to remove all geo and personal data when using smart phones to take pics...

damn things are the biggest security holes of all time, yet how reliant on them are we...if the worlds security agents had said to everyone 30 years ago, hey would you do me a favour and carry this thing around so we can know where you are the whole time and who youre talking to and what you like to look at in your free time and also lets us access loads of your personal info and photos so we can put it all on one central database... they would have been told where to go

skip forward 30 years and Apple asks the same thing only this time it'll cost you 600 bucks...and our response?.... Does it have emoticons?

ignore me, my tinfoil hat slipped there, but seriously though... remove all personal data from ganja pics yo ;)

shegrows

dont forget to remove all geo and personal data when using smart phones to take pics...

damn things are the biggest security holes of all time, yet how reliant on them are we...if the worlds security agents had said to everyone 30 years ago, hey would you do me a favour and carry this thing around so we can know where you are the whole time and who youre talking to and what you like to look at in your free time and also lets us access loads of your personal info and photos so we can put it all on one central database... they would have been told where to go

skip forward 30 years and Apple asks the same thing only this time it'll cost you 600 bucks...and our response?.... Does it have emoticons?

ignore me, my tinfoil hat slipped there, but seriously though... remove all personal data from ganja pics yo ;)

Yes i always do this, many thanks for your help :huggg: it is possible to upload pics from the phone?

Keeeeeep growing

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
The closest thing i have to cuts are seeds i have won way back on the late 90's from cannabis culture forum contests from harley and overdrive.
I tried a few times to trade seeds but the people always gave me stuff i could never use. ( Like a 16 foot sativa from Australia named Walsh river or some bangladeshi seeds) stoners logic, i tell ya :comfort:
I Have made a few PM's asking where to find a cut or seeds ( never asking for them, just where to go to get it), but usually no response or a run around reply.

Now days like someone had mentioned it's pretty much about your grows and pictures, especially the seed companies that offer contests, you could have the best entry but if you don't have pics and grow journals you wont win, they want you to promote. I think the same thing can be said for cuts. They wanna see your grows and make sure that you can represent that cut well.

I have always been scared to put up pictures on the web. Which kind of leaves you out of the cut scene.

Its tough, this has been a passion for over 20 years.
I have seen some members plants that make me drool and wish that i had copies, as an artist we see so many possibilities.

In the end we are all strain hunters and that being said have you ever seen a hunter with etiquette ? :tiphat:

shegrows

The closest thing i have to cuts are seeds i have won way back on the late 90's from cannabis culture forum contests from harley and overdrive.
I tried a few times to trade seeds but the people always gave me stuff i could never use. ( Like a 16 foot sativa from Australia named Walsh river or some bangladeshi seeds) stoners logic, i tell ya :comfort:
I Have made a few PM's asking where to find a cut or seeds ( never asking for them, just where to go to get it), but usually no response or a run around reply.

Now days like someone had mentioned it's pretty much about your grows and pictures, especially the seed companies that offer contests, you could have the best entry but if you don't have pics and grow journals you wont win, they want you to promote. I think the same thing can be said for cuts. They wanna see your grows and make sure that you can represent that cut well.

I have always been scared to put up pictures on the web. Which kind of leaves you out of the cut scene.

Its tough, this has been a passion for over 20 years.
I have seen some members plants that make me drool and wish that i had copies, as an artist we see so many possibilities.

In the end we are all strain hunters and that being said have you ever seen a hunter with etiquette ? :tiphat:

Well said, i would enter in the cut scene, aaaall these cut's we haven't arround here,:dance013: cut hunter

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor

Actually yes I have. All of my uncles have hunter etiquette. They will watch a nice 6 pointer walk by without taking it. Saving him for another hunter(perhaps younger than they are), or the chance he makes it another year, and shows back up with an ever bigger rack(I used to do the same thing when out drinking at bars, lol).

They only take an "immature' deer if the season is nearing the end, and they haven't filled any tags. Just to keep some meat in the freezer for when the home raised beef supply gets low.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting thread with sooo many different angles and facets with which it can be discussed and explored.

Dont mention a strain you are interested in acquiring first place, that automatically is going to show whatever your point is as a mere sham to solicit a cut. Very disingenuous

Ok now that ive said that and told you how to live your life, my story.... ;)

I was close to getting a very popular cut but it fell apart and only served to scare me and cause worry about my security. I didnt request the cut it came about by someone i kinda knew irl. During that time i wanted to join a closed forum dedicated to said strain. I was denied because i didnt have said cut and forum rules dictated owners only. Even tho at that time it appeared imminent. Anyway i felt a bit rejected and it did hurt a bit to be turned down even as it was done respectfully and with no malice to me but it lead to feelings of resentment and pretty much put me off of even wanting it. Im human and not lacking in deficiencies and less than perfectly formed, first to admit that. My point is this - all wasted energy over a cut that subsequently never materialized. Experience has put me off ever trying again. Not worth it in my book.

I have offered to gift seeds to others, to cool guys who i like and with which i have rapport, seeds that i know ill likely never use and think the person may be interested in.

Turns out i like giving more than i like getting, result is always more personally gratifying.

Oh and i second the many comments about not being a douche on someones thread, so dont be a pesky beggar.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I once was offered some pretty rare cbd cuts. Actual p1 stock from a major breeder. But they guy that offered was starting a seed company or closely working with one and wanted copies of the few crosses I was working on. I ended up pulling out because he never mentioned the seed company to me, it was just too sketchy and I had heard some negative things about the dude like he never sends anything back.

I would have to imagine that this sort of thing is just going to happen. But is there a way to combat this sort of thing?

testymctester

Veteran
All this hype around cuts, it's funny. When I lived on the East Coast I dreamed about getting the real OG, Sour D, GDP, Blue Dream, Green Crack, etc.

Now that I live in the 707, I'm popping more seeds than ever before. Why? Because people usually vend/trade/sell their less than desirable cuts to others and everyone is running similar strains because we all have access to the same cuts.

Cuts did give me a good education on strain differences and how to manage/prevent a whole load of different pests, but I would highly encourage you to stop worrying about cuts and order some beans. There are a ton of breeders using the latest hyped up cuts to create all sorts of crazy crosses.

Looking for that glue? Try the Elmer's Glue or Glue Fire OG from Relentless. Looking for crazy OGs? I would recommend the Biker Kush or Karma's OG from Karma Genetics. Support the breeders that support this forum and maybe you will find the next elite cut. Anyways, cuts are overrated. Pop some beans! :biggrin:

Blayz'd

It's all about the seeds man. Pop enough seeds you'll find your own "elite" clones. I'm all over F2 seeds for this reason. Look for your own unique, knockout clones, in the seeds is my advice. Back everything up before you flower them because losing the 1 in 10000 hurts really bad lol

dboi87

Hey guys. I forgot about this thread and didn't realize it got so many replies. For the longest JW's reply was the only one...

Just to clarify guys, I wasn't asking for cuts or anything for that matter. I just noticed all the problems that asking for clones or how to find cuts and thought a thread about the proper etiquette would be helpful

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Hey guys. I forgot about this thread and didn't realize it got so many replies. For the longest JW's reply was the only one...

Just to clarify guys, I wasn't asking for cuts or anything for that matter. I just noticed all the problems that asking for clones or how to find cuts and thought a thread about the proper etiquette would be helpful

i would think theres not REALLY A WAY, without someone takeing it the wrong.way...i was lucky and honored to score some cuts...that meaning i posted in a certain thread for a WHILE,posted pics of grows i was doing and the whole nine.yards...

its just.gonna take time over.the internet to befome.friendly and TRUST WORTHY. enough for this type of thing to take place.., im sure ALOT on here with killer shit get Hounded,begged,asked,for cuts ALL THE TIME,hell im sure some just join up,and think thats the only reason to be around....cuts getting passed will happen and DOES HAPPEN...just gotta be patient and hang out post and make some friends... GL , this is rather a very good place and most around are helpful and.willing to help lend a hand.. have a good one my friend...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am tired of clone only snobs..(((heres my grow too bad you cant get a clone,,cause you aint kissing my ass))) ..lol....I refuse to kiss ass for a clone...I make real deal seeds not some lucky find clone only..i don't follow the masses or the hype....yeehaw..and when I do get a cut I will s1 it

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've been lucky enough to be gifted some good genetics (seeds) from my dispensary. I have in turn gifted seeds and cuts to fellow patients. There aren't many clone only strains here, but I have friends in Co, and travel to Ca several times a year for work. I figure if I keep gifting what I have, karma will work it out for me.

coldcanna

Veteran
I bet 95% of people could tell you what the best clone onlys are and 3% could distinguish them in a blind taste test

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
gluebreath...

gluebreath...

thks homie, you know who.... :biggrin: :tiphat:
cut etiquette at its finest,another one to add to the garden...

Latest posts

Latest posts