What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5ft 3in x 10 ft x 8 ft Stadium Grow 1800-3400w

Strain: GSC

I picked up 40 for this room. My goal is going to be 2 zips per plant. Two tiered stadium, 10 plants per row(vertical scrog for two 5x10ft canopies). I think it's a realistic goal.

5 600's ran a little hotter than I thought(89 degrees) and WAY drier than I thought possible(30%). I built a little lung room/box out of an old 55 gallon reservoir to remedy the issue. I put a couple air stones, a fish tank heater, and 30+ gallons of water in there to raise the humidity... It raised the humidity but not enough for that many lights so I ordered an ultrasonic fogger.

In the mean time the clones are hanging out in Rubbermaids flipped on top of each other(big, on-the-fly, domes pretty much). I'm misting them and keeping the humidity up cause a couple caught a case of the droops but I spotted it soon enough for it to not be a big deal. #fuckVPDissues

This is what the room looked like before:

I'm going to take a couple pics during my next watering session(forgot I had to turn my phone sideways for icmag). Right now I'm just watering them as needed with a wand/hose and a sump pump. Once they need watering multiple times a day, I'll get them on the drip.

This is my second monocrop and I'm really hoping I hit my number(didn't come close last time but it was with pre98 bubba). I'm going to need all the help I can get so please chime in(vertical growing could use the win).

To anybody that has experience with GSC(burning bush's key lime pie to be more specific). How many lights should I run? Some people have mentioned she does better in low light situations. Should I do 1800w and not blast her with light(i've read too much light = cookie crumb tops)? I have access to 5 sockets in this room. Wanted to run 5 600's but I'm starting to think that'll be counter productive. Wanted to put a 1000w MH in the middle(hoping it'll run cool enough where I could just hang it up high) but I'm starting to think that'll get the temps too high as well. Could I get 2 zips per plant running 1800watts?

In the mean time the clones are hanging out in Rubbermaids flipped on top of each other(big, on-the-fly, domes pretty much). I'm misting them and keeping the humidity up cause a couple caught a case of the droops but I spotted it soon enough for it to not be a big deal. #fuckVPDissues

^i have a good feeling about this one:biggrin:

Letting them take it easy under 1200w at the moment, can't wait till I get my humidity right and I could ditch the domes and crank it up. Room is being cleared by two 6in vortex's(fwiw)

Ur room looks pretty sealed. Any way u can get some co2 and run it that way?

no way to deal with the heat. Even if I installed a mini-split, I think I'd prefer a passive intake style exhaust to a sealed room with vert lights(the humidity drops like a mofo around the bulbs and mini-splits are hard to dial-in). I'll have 2 1k watt lights hung vertically in a sealed room(with 4 lights in hoods) with co2 and A/C's so I'll let you know which style is easier to work with.

Thanks for the interest panick503

Picked up a couple new cuts:

^Gorrilla Glue #4

^Mendo Breath

Black Lime

^Black Lime - she's in soil and I watered her a little too hard. Not going to water till run-off in the future(happens every time I get a cut in soil). Wanted to throw up a pic to track her progress.

Picked up a platinum cookie and a sour strawberry as well

The domes are doing their job but I'm not sure I can keep such a high RH + the stagnant air that accompanies a dome for much longer without inviting problems... The ultrasonic fogger I ordered came in the mail and I bought the smallest size like an idiot.... What size should I get for a 5ft 3in x 10ft x 8ft room being cleared by two 6 inch vortex fans(on full blast). With 4 600's...?

This is my "lung room"... Thought a fish tank heater and an air stone was going to be enough to raise the RH(lol - not with two vortex's clearing that room)

After I realised the fogger was painfully undersized I moved it into the room in a 5 gallon bucket in an effort to raise he humidity(I don't think it's going to do anything).

Would a high output 5 disc fogger be enough for this set-up? I don't want to spend more than I need to

Dready_jake

My only note would be: keep an eye on ANY clones you get anywhere. I'll give clones but I'll never receive them. Too much risk.(pm mites you name it)

A lot of dispos have pm(first hand experience)
A good handful of them sell clones. You do the math.

It might not show up til late flower but it might show up whenever. I don't buy cuts. I haven't bought seeds yet either but might one day soon. Idk I'm gonna stereo crop and try to dial these bitches in aallll the way

Bump - where's the vert crew? Trying to get my humidity right... If not I think I'll go with the high output 9 disc fogger for 150 to try to keep up with the 2 vortex's.... Or would it make sense to get smaller ones and place them inside the room(as opposed to the lung device I made)?

DunHav`nFun

Fogger needs to be in the lung area so the increased RH can be pumped back into the grow area as it`s being sucked out with the exhaust 6" er.....my RH stays @ 80-90% yr round so I need dehueys and airflow instead of foggers....that said...

Don`t have a clue how many discs you need to maintain 70%cuz overkill`s underrated , but plugged into a humidistat or some sort of controller will do an ample job maintaining constant RH.....

Good luck....DHF.....

Fogger needs to be in the lung area so the increased RH can be pumped back into the grow area as it`s being sucked out with the exhaust 6" er.....my RH stays @ 80-90% yr round so I need dehueys and airflow instead of foggers....that said...

Don`t have a clue how many discs you need to maintain 70%cuz overkill`s underrated , but plugged into a humidistat or some sort of controller will do an ample job maintaining constant RH.....

Good luck....DHF.....

Thanks DHF... Grabbed a super high output 12 jet model. Just under 4/5 of a gallon per hour, hoping that'll be big enough... Ordered a Dayton humidistat off of amazon as well. Praying these two items will get my room right.

I'll let you guys know if the 12 jet is strong enough to keep up with two vortex's. If it comes down to it I might just unplug one of them if the temps play nice.

The plants are growing nicely. Turned on another light, 3/5 at this point and the room is running at 85 degrees and 50% RH. The RH doesn't matter at this point cause they're still in the domes and I haven't gotten the 12 jet fogger yet but I'm thinking things are going to work out:)

Miraculous Meds

The whole house humidifiers I use only go to 65%. Not the best option probably. Don't know anything about the foggers. DJM dumps a bucket of water on his concrete floor to get the rh up in vpd range till end of stretch and then the plant mass and transpiration helps keep the rh in check. A lot of plant mass in a small sealed room usually equals big rh spikes.

Check the vpd chart but if ur running around 85f then ur rh should be around 70 to 75% I think. When im in those parameters my plants explode.

Took them out of their domes for a dry run

Really liking the way this room is shaping up... Praying the 12 disc will get my room right

This cut also looks perfect for a vertical scrog... Probably just going to run 1800w to ensure the quality is there. Can I really pull 5 pounds from 3 600's? Just doesn't sound right but 2 zips x 40 = 5 pounds and the plants aren't getting too lanky(makes me think the plants are getting an appropriate amount of light - I think it was DJM but somebody mentioned 50wpsf being unnecessary. Let me know what you think guys

^got the 12 disc fogger.... Humidity is 70% lights off, 60-65% with 3 lights on. I'll see where we land with the 4th lamp in a couple days once the plants have some time to get acclimated to life outside the domes.

:comfort:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Probably just going to run 1800w to ensure the quality is there. Can I really pull 5 pounds from 3 600's? Just doesn't sound right but 2 zips x 40 = 5 pounds and the plants aren't getting too lanky(makes me think the plants are getting an appropriate amount of light - I think it was DJM but somebody mentioned 50wpsf being unnecessary. Let me know what you think guys

if you want 2 zips a plant I'd try bigger pots, topped plants and some system of training.

I like your watering set up, I hand water 8-10 on 6 tiers with 2K MH.
6' x 8' x 7' mixed perpetual. 2 or 3 gallon soil vegged separately. 20 - 80 gram yields per pot strain dependent.

picture.php

each trough tucks under the one above it a few inches.
Each side is at a different level so I can juggle the plants around after they stretch and even the canopy.
I train to bamboo stakes in the pots and tie back to the walls and shelves also.

picture.php

Gorilla Glue #4
picture.php

OGKB 2.0
picture.php

Dready_jake

I'd try to lower the rh a little at night so it drops with your temps and doesn't throw off the VPD. Extra moisture at night can cause issues as there's no light to evaporate it. I'd time it so it came on early in the morning with or before lights on and off right before lights out

Dig the devotion to high humidity/proper VPD! Im always repping its pros. Haven't invested to get it perfect yet myself but at ~50% this round, its better than 30% I had last round.
Environment is one of the most important factors.Good luckk and happy harvests

Miraculous Meds

I'd try to lower the rh a little at night so it drops with your temps and doesn't throw off the VPD. Extra moisture at night can cause issues as there's no light to evaporate it. I'd time it so it came on early in the morning with or before lights on and off right before lights out

Dig the devotion to high humidity/proper VPD! Im always repping its pros. Haven't invested to get it perfect yet myself but at ~50% this round, its better than 30% I had last round.
Environment is one of the most important factors.Good luckk and happy harvests

jake ur jaw will drop when u get the rh at vpd levels and running about 80f. Id do whatever it took to get it there, its worth it. The high rh just gets a bad rap because people haven't planned well enough to have no high humidity pockets where pm can get a start. Hell u can get pm with 30% rh if u don't have good air flow or exchange.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Moisture jus kills the carbon filter, have to put a redundant filter outside the room at the exhaust. Redundancy, overkill=underrated as the homie says. 2x8" vortex/profilter for a 2k gg4, whew