What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWS sterile - can use Rhizotonic and Cannaboost?

D350

I'm currently running my first run with RDWC.
First went with tea/beneficials, that did not end well.

Now I'm going sterile with Chlorine (bleach) by Snype's teachings.
Now: Canna Aqua at 1,1EC, 19C temp., Rhizotonic, Chlorine, Dutch Haze strain (no clue about this, bought it because in the shop RW clones had best roots)

Couple of questions:

- Can I add Rhizotonic (from Canna), or am I just feeding nasties with it?

-Can Rhizotonic affect, how much Chlorine/bleach i need to add, to get desired ppm (up to 1ppm)?

-Why I need to add A LOT of bleach (5,7%) to get to 1ppm?
Roughly at least 40-50ml per 130gal, every day!

-Why chlorine leves drop really fast, I get 0ppm after 6-12h (starting with 1ppm). have a lot of bubblers though...

This RDWC is really making me crazy, just can not get a break.
This is my 3rd try, I went and bought clones from the Shop this time, just to make sure they are good. (legal in Austria)
My failed attempt:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=290330

Thank for your help.

Sqydro

hey, i ran bennies and i ran a dead res in my RDWC had better results with bennies, chlorine will kill anything organic, it didnt affect the rhizo when i ran it, i ran at a smaller dose and 2ce a week when i used it by the time they were in flower i used once a week as the water was changing so quick in the system it was pointless really.

why after 3 times are you still trying RDWC? maybe a switch to something more stable and easier will be better for you mate? im switching to coco after 4 years of RDWC. cant see a flaw in it,

if you dont already id invest in a chiller??

Meison

hey, i ran bennies and i ran a dead res in my RDWC had better results with bennies, chlorine will kill anything organic, it didnt affect the rhizo when i ran it, i ran at a smaller dose and 2ce a week when i used it by the time they were in flower i used once a week as the water was changing so quick in the system it was pointless really.

why after 3 times are you still trying RDWC? maybe a switch to something more stable and easier will be better for you mate? im switching to coco after 4 years of RDWC. cant see a flaw in it,

Hey Sqydro, can I ask you a question. How you run bennis on your RDWC? I want to use it on DWC but there are no products like Orca in my country. So I use the Richyrich's tea recipe.

Care to explain in detail how you work your bennies and inoculate the suystem?

br26

WARNING - DO NOT USE OXIDANTS WITH ORGANIC MEDIAS OR ORGANIC ADDITIVES:
monochloramine, chlorine and hydrogen peroxide are not suitable for use where organic media
(e.g. coco substrate) or organic additives are used.
These products are oxidants and oxidants break down organic matter.

Read

http://www.manicbotanix.com/index.p...ment-&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=14

Biological influences are huge when trying to run organic in a RDWC. I can''t fathom why one wouldn't run simple water soluble nutrients that are known to resist fusarium and other pathogens just by how the chelation of certain metals are. If pH is also remaining near 6.0, there is less affinity for available nutrients for pathogenic species than 5.5.

I would take the entire system apart to disinfect. Ten percent bleach for ten minutes will kill 99.99 of microscopic organisms minus the bacterial endospores from beneficials.

Run DWC all day here. If one plant is infected, I don't lose the entire crop. If one of ur plants is infected, you're mom is prolly contaminated systemically. This is a pathogen that comes when your conditions provoke enough stress to emerge.

I am trying to grasp the whole organic growing while you are using harsh chemicals like bleach. Thought the reason for organic was to be kind to the earth as possible. Just sayin.

Good luck, never give up!!

Sqydro

Hey Sqydro, can I ask you a question. How you run bennis on your RDWC? I want to use it on DWC but there are no products like Orca in my country. So I use the Richyrich's tea recipe.

Care to explain in detail how you work your bennies and inoculate the suystem?

hi mate, i just bubbled a 20L bucket with a handfull of EWC (earth worm castings) a spoon of molasses for the bennies to feed and multiply off, and used great white bennie powder for it mate , simole and effective, also poured through plant site so it goes straight to root ball

D350

Thanks.
My water temps are fine, I run AC over the tank, they stay below 20C all the time.
I did everything right.
So, you thing it is not the Chlorine-Rhizotonic combination, that is the problem?
I think my third try is going downhill now, as the originally white roots are getting brown, have no new growth, everyday they are looking worse.
In my first try i did the tea/ beneficials, with worse results.
I'm thinking now I'll use the buckets and filled them with coco...
Ah, damn RDWC, did everything right and no go...

Latest posts

Latest posts