What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time COCO DTW in SmartPots 3gal multifeed

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job so far looking very healthy.

Im also experimenting with my first plants in coco DTW but I have been hand watering them, now 2x a day ~3.5 weeks into 12/12. The growth during stretch is insane in coco isnt it? Im digging it, if the flavor and smoke quality of the product is good I might make the full switch over to coco, right now just 1/3 my flowering tent is in coco, the rest organic soil.

EarlBuddy

@ vishus: didn`t loose`em, still have :p sometimes I think about working with the tanks and the drippers, but I couldn`t make this decision as everything`s looking very good, yes... thanx!

They just love the coco. Had the seedlings a run before in a soil/coco/perlte mix 50/25/25 - now the stretch is awesome!
Took these clones 3 month ago and trained`em under the LST`s for about 8 weeks 20/4, only handwatering in 1l Pots, then in 3l Smart Pots EC about0.9 to 1.0 / pH 5,8-6,1 no runoff.
The watering intervals went from 5 to every 3 days.
1 month ago I transplanted to 3 gal SmartPots filled about 2,5gal Coco/Perlite 50/50 and under 400W HPS 20/4 handwatering every 2 days with the tanks on, then after ten days I decided to run with drippers and multifeeding instead of the hempy tank.
I started multifeeding since 30.07 so about 3 weeks ago, first 3 days twice a day, EC 1,1 pH 5,8. Then 3 times, 4 times,.. right now im at day 15 since they were flipped to 12/12, the girls get about 1,3 EC / pH 5,8 - it was a little bit hotter a week ago, so I had to give same amount of nutrients but more water, because of higher transpiration, so the EC was down to 1,0 inbetween, but watering was more. Temps right now: about 26-28C ... and it`s getting cooler now.
Plants look a bit different as one go before, exactly same plants, these are the clones. But, it`s not only a differnt media right now. It`s also different nutes. With the soil mix I ran Hesi. Right now I give Canna a go + Mineral Magic + Melassis (only handwatering! twice a week right now, the first feeding of the day).
Drain is about 10-20% depending on temps, it`s a bit different, when you run different sized plants in single pots. Adjustable drippers are my way to go, so once adjusted to each single plant (12 right now, my dirty dozend), I only have to play with the timer.

So far, so good, gonna keep u all updated soon. Cheers!

Vishus

I ran Canna for awhile, but I seemed to find the girls I was running at the time taking better to the General Organics base, although I was using half the Grow [3-6ml] and half the Bio Marine [3-6ml] instead of the suggested Grow [10ml] per gallon. I think I gave all my Canna stuff away... Although I didn't mind the P/K.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I caught this thread before you moved it here and I love those 10-day progress pictures.

As a current/former/whatever CANNA grower, keep an eye on your Magnesium and Potassium levels as bloom progresses. I usually find that around day 20 or so my plants need a little more Mg than they get from the base program, but whether you see the same will depend on your water quality and strain needs. Potassium is pretty much a given though, their bloom supplements are designed with that in mind. I have used a variety of things in the past, but the best has been Muriate of Potash (0-0-62). Available in many forms, I use Green Planet Dense at just 1/8th tsp per gallon. This grabs me 80-100ppm of Potassium, pretty much tripling what is in the CANNA Coco base (especially at your reduced feed levels). A little bit of that stuff goes a long way towards improving the finished product. And it's so damned cheap!

I've never used anything else in coco that has worked as well for Vegetative growth as CANNA Coco has. In bloom though, I believe that a little tinkering is necessary to get the same kind of results we see in Veg. I'm not familiar with your other supplements but keep your K+Mag levels in mind going forward.

Shoots

I caught this thread before you moved it here and I love those 10-day progress pictures.

As a current/former/whatever CANNA grower, keep an eye on your Magnesium and Potassium levels as bloom progresses. I usually find that around day 20 or so my plants need a little more Mg than they get from the base program, but whether you see the same will depend on your water quality and strain needs. Potassium is pretty much a given though, their bloom supplements are designed with that in mind. I have used a variety of things in the past, but the best has been Muriate of Potash (0-0-62). Available in many forms, I use Green Planet Dense at just 1/8th tsp per gallon. This grabs me 80-100ppm of Potassium, pretty much tripling what is in the CANNA Coco base (especially at your reduced feed levels). A little bit of that stuff goes a long way towards improving the finished product. And it's so damned cheap!

I've never used anything else in coco that has worked as well for Vegetative growth as CANNA Coco has. In bloom though, I believe that a little tinkering is necessary to get the same kind of results we see in Veg. I'm not familiar with your other supplements but keep your K+Mag levels in mind going forward.

Thanks for this snow crash. Always like the info your droppin.
It has helped me and I am sure countless others.

EarlBuddy

UPDATE DAY 20 - 12/12

UPDATE DAY 20 - 12/12

@ Snow Crash: Thanx for your advice! I learned a lot about coco by studying yours and others threads and reports. So thanx for your great work!!!
I`ll still have two eyes on the girls, but right now, everything looks perfect, tried a higher EC, but at 1.55 the first girls got claws... now they`re back at 1.4 - 1.45 and they look great.

Day 14 - 12/12 still in stretch

Day 18

Day 20 ...stretch is almost done... I hope ;)

That`s the OG Kush (by Dinafem) one of the strains I kept at day 20 - 12/12

EarlBuddy

Day 22 - 12/12

Day 24 - 12/12

Day 26 - 12/12

Day 29 - 12/12

...so yeah, stretch is done.
pH 5.9 to 6.1
EC 1.5 to 1.65 (included base EC of 0.2 - mixed tab/rain-water 65/35)
max temps: 28 C
min temps: 21 C
Feeding 3x/day + 1 little feed 30min before lights off
Runoff about 15%

EarlBuddy

It`s CANNA AQUA A+B

It`s CANNA AQUA A+B

Hey guys,

Not that I didn`t wanna tell u, but I forgot about when I started this thread:

I don`t use the CANNA COCO or CoGr, it`s the CANNA AQUA line I use (because of a DWC project I wanted to start bu did`t, I have a big amount of these nutes - so I decided to try it in coco in a dtw).

And as far as I can see, it`s alright, no defs, no nute burn. I had the EC up to 1.6 two days ago - too much (claws started to form), now Ì`m back at 1.45.
Having 3 strains fed from the same res, it`s an average of nutes I have to give. The OG`s and the Blue Hash`s are happy with this EC, only my AK`s need a bit more (an extra dose is given by handwatering once a day to these plants).

Now I`m in week 5 of these 9,5 weeks strains and giving the Canna Boost 75%, and Canna PK 13/14 80% of recommended strength (PK13/14 I did/will do: flower-week 3: 25-30%, week 4: 50-60%, week 5: 80-90%, week 6: 50-60%, week 7: 20-25%; - CANNA Boost: flower-week 1: 50%, week 2: 60%, week 3: 70%, week 4: 80%, week 5: 90%, week 6: 90%, week 7: 60%)
Adding some additives like Cal+Mg, pure Potassium, only when nedded.

The watering intervals went from handwatering in veg to: last week veg - feed twice a day, first flower-week: 2x/day, week 2: 3x/day, week 3: 4x/day, week 4: 4x/day, week 5: 3x/day - and an extra 1minute small feed before lights off; - I will continue reducing the watering intervalls for the last weeks down to 2x/day in the last 2 weeks - runoff will still have to be the same about 15-20%, so with less intervalls I give more plain water by each. Well, it`s only my plan, I`ll watch the girls and decide then.. ;)

EarlBuddy

...and again I forgot to explain, the heat is back a bit, temps going up to a 31C peak right now, so I think that`s why I still have to give a very low EC. But it`s only the ratio of water to nutes, and with these temps the girls just drink and evaporate more... more water.
Because all in all (by ml of nutes I give totally), they need more than the weeks before.