What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TSA to go after us all

ronbo51

Veteran
PORTLAND, Tenn. – You're probably use to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

"Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate," said Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons.

Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

Agents are recruiting truck drivers, like Rudy Gonzales, into the First Observer Highway Security Program to say something if they see something.

"Not only truck drivers, but cars, everybody should be aware of what's going on, on the road," said Gonzales.

It's all meant to urge every driver to call authorities if they see something suspicious.

"Somebody sees something somewhere and we want them to be responsible citizens, report that and let us work it through our processes to abet the concern that they had when they saw something suspicious," said Paul Armes, TSA Federal Security Director for Nashville International Airport.

The Tennessee Highway Patrol checked trucks with drug and bomb sniffing dogs during random inspections.

"The bottom line is this: if you see something suspicious say something about it," Gibbons said Tuesday.

The random inspections really aren't any more thorough normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference. Trott pointed out it was an Oklahoma state trooper who stopped Timothy McVay for not having a license plate after the Oklahoma City bombing in the early 1990s.

Tuesday's statewide "VIPR" operation isn't in response to any particular threat, according to officials.

Armes said intelligence indicates law enforcement should focus on the highways as well as the airports.

MIway

Veteran
oh man... this place is just scary. u just see one over-the-top rediculous thing after another after another after another... it gets kinda depressing... almost a sense of eminent demise, nothing that can be done, our long ass hash streak running down that steep ass slippery slope, we are on the express train to a military dictatorship.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

FUCK THIS SHIT! FUCK THIS FUCKING NAZI/GESTAPOS BULLSHIT. These days I am very unsettled and upset. This shit has got to stop. I feel bad for being so dismisive of the conspiracy theory/Alex Jones stuff. I am scared its not just this but a culminating of events.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
"The Tennessee Highway Patrol checked trucks with drug and bomb sniffing dogs"

I though they were looking for terrorists? Why the need for drug sniffing dog's? Obviously taking advantage of the anti terrorism laws to get away with their oppression. Sad times for you folks in the USA, if they get away with this they will be quick to have TSA in all public places, my prayers are with you.

OhighO

"The Tennessee Highway Patrol checked trucks with drug and bomb sniffing dogs"

I though they were looking for terrorists? Why the need for drug sniffing dog's? Obviously using the anti terrorism laws to get away with their oppression.

Because obviously anyone who uses drugs is supporting terrorism... :jerkit: At least thats what they tell us...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
How many terrorist attacks are committed on USA soil per year? It seems that the powers that be in the USA are using terrorism as an excuse to invade/oppress the US citizens. That's a slippery road.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They had a TSA rep in a large truck stop explaining to other Commercial Truck Drivers why they are the "eyes and ears" for the TSA and asking us to join their program. I just kept walking by...but stopped to listen from a distance, sent a cold shiver down my back, shades of Orwelian 1984 came to my mind.

Amazing what the fuck is happening to this country?

northstate

ICMag Donor
Big black boots are marching and not giving a rats ass about much...Nice to see this here and getting the info out is good. Crazy times so get prepped if you have been living in denial because at some point this is going to be too much shit piled up. NS

G

greenmatter

this shit is going beyond scary! our leaders looking out for us again right

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its funny, the US supported the libyan rebels in toppling ghadafi, helped them with air support, weapons etc...

but if WE were the rebels trying to overthrow them, they would have turn their weapons against us..

we are getting closer and closer to revolution every day....i can only hope we organize the right way and overthrow these corrupt power tripping fucks...

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unless we DO something to TAKE out rights back... they are all but lost. everywhere we go we are video'd, scanned, profiled... everything we buy, say, do, put on social media, think etc is being tracked. not to mention the simple rights guaranteed to us in the constitution. fucking animals have more rights than us in this country and they are fucking FOOD!