What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I made some cookies...

sneaky101

Now edibles don't do that much for me. I've made cookies before, but they didn't do ANYTHING for me, but my friends liked them pretty well. So this time, I make them with the intention of 1) Getting me off the ground 2) To make them strong enough for me to feel something 3) To make them strong enough for most to eat without having to eat very much for them to get lifted. I think most of you are starting to get the point they were made pretty strong. I used almost 4oz dry sugar trim (3oz, 25g to be exact) to make 2lbs of clarified butter, of which, 1.75lbs was used to make the cookies. Now this sugar trim, to give you an idea of quality, yielded about 3g of BHO when ran through the tube. So you can figure that with this 1/4lb of trim used for the butter was apprx 10-11g of honey oil, at least the equivalent.

So the cookies are butterscotch oatmeal cookies and I baked 36 of them, so if we say that 9g of honey oil went into the cookies, each cookie is apprx 250mg. Therefore, I STRONGLY cautioned all of my less experienced friends about the strength of these edibles. All my friends are inexperienced in all things that aren't combustion....until I started making my own stuff. We live in a non-medical state. I suggested.....STRONGLY suggested to them all to eat between 1/5th and not quite 1/2 of a cookie for starters. Now of the friends I have given them to, only 2 of 5 can follow directions.

Friend #1---Really just wants mj now to help him sleep so he eats a full cookie a little before bed and crashes before it kicks in. In the middle of the night he wakes up and is parched so he goes to the fridge and downs a dew and a bottle of water with a couple of minutes. Next he has to piss so he goes to the bathroom and commences the deed. Then he wakes up lying on the bathroom floor with his pants around his ankles with a bump on his forehead and sees blood on the tub. He didn't follow instructions and blacked out while pissing...lol.

Friend #2---Ate 1/2 cookie and was good, woke up the next morning still trashed. For the most part, followed instructions and was ok.

Friend #3---Ate 1/2 cookie and felt woozie for a while and said he was glad he didn't have to walk anywhere, much less drive. When he asked how much I thought the cookies were worth, he ended the question with $30? I told him I don't make them to sell, just as a treat from time to time, but he probably wasn't far off if I had to put a price tag on them.

Friend #4---Ate 1/2 cookie and said he was good.

Friend #5---*shaking head* This is a female. I STRONGLY urged her to eat only 1/5th. What does she do? She splits a bottle of wine with another friend, smokes, eats 3/4 of a cookie and goes to a haunted corn maze. The cookie doesn't kick in until they are in the maze and when it kicks in, it kicks her in the ass. I am told she could barely walk, talk, and even lost control of bodily functions if you know what I mean. She woke up the next day with a hangover.

Now friend #1 and #5 both thought that the cookies gave them food poisoning at first, so to let friend #3 know they weren't I ate a whole cookie in front of him and then smoked 2 bowls topped with hash oil.

So the moral of the story is that if a friend gives you something and suggests a dosage, start with that dosage. No matter how much of a heavyweight you think are. :wave:

usda101

Lol great story that hits home , non med state freinds green to anything not green an smokable , So I brew up some edibles I mean real space cakes with a lot of trim . Nobody follows directions around me ...lol

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
can I get #5s number and a clue as to what wines she might enjoy?

...oh shoot this story was about morals?

i kno longer make medibles as most of the people eating them have overdosed. i worked as a proffesional baker, so the treats are too good for just a dose. now i make goodies (fruit infused truffles are the latest) to eat for pleasure...as many as you like, and take your cannabis separately, as you please.

i still get talked into making medibles periodically. many do not take dose instruction seriously when i do make them.

Scrogerman

Veteran
A buddy of mine gave me 6 cookies for my pleasure, i gave 2 to a mate & told him to try half & dont eat any more for a couple of hours at least, he scoffed one, after half an hour he said he wasnt high so ate the other one lol, i told him fkin not to.
After a couple of hours they kicked-in, he said he thought he was going to die & very nearly rang for a ambulance, he doesnt like cookies anymore lmao!

sneaky101

i kno longer make medibles as most of the people eating them have overdosed. i worked as a proffesional baker, so the treats are too good for just a dose. now i make goodies (fruit infused truffles are the latest) to eat for pleasure...as many as you like, and take your cannabis separately, as you please.

i still get talked into making medibles periodically. many do not take dose instruction seriously when i do make them.

Yeah, I think I am done with baking for a while. I hate It to because I just bought a really nice stand mixer that was really purchased for medibles, although I do use it for normal baking too. It's just I was getting better at making them tasty.

A buddy of mine gave me 6 cookies for my pleasure, i gave 2 to a mate & told him to try half & dont eat any more for a couple of hours at least, he scoffed one, after half an hour he said he wasnt high so ate the other one lol, i told him fkin not to.
After a couple of hours they kicked-in, he said he thought he was going to die & very nearly rang for a ambulance, he doesnt like cookies anymore lmao!

Yeah, the chick said she was done with my cookies too, lol. My friend that I gave 3 to gave 1 away and is going to try and trade it off for some bud. Friend #1 is skeptical of them, which sucks, because he is off at college and I had to mail them to him and I sent him a dozen. Oh well. Now that I think about it, my wife ate 1 the night they were baked and she had a rough night too. I have 1 dozen that I kept for myself...hmmmm, off to go grab 1, or 2 maybe.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
As one who has overdone the eating of cannabis on -um- one or two occasions, it's one of those things that you learn REAL quick to try to avoid if at all possible unless you enjoy being sucked through the roller-coaster vortex wormhole to a very uncomfortable place. Very enjoyable story. thanks!-

I remember I went to visit a friend in another city, and he gave me my first pot-cookie. He also warned to eat only half. I ate the 3 he gave me.

I remember taking the bus from 7PM until about 2AM when the buses stopped running. When the last stop came, and I saw the time, and where I was. I was like sheeeeeaaaaaaattttttt.

@sneaky; what method do you find most affective of consuming herb for someone with a high tolerance like urself

sneaky101

@sneaky; what method do you find most affective of consuming herb for someone with a high tolerance like urself

Smoking it. Make bho or some form of hash for a bowl topper. Waiting for next harvest to get a skillet for bho.

Seriously though, I'm still looking. I know what needs to be done, I just don't want to stop smoking for a week or two, or even a month or so. That way my tolerance isn't so high and edibles will work for me. From my estimation, the cookies I made were about 220mg and I made some bho pills that were about 285mg. Most threads I read say 50-100mg should be one dose. I took a pill and ate a cookie, then drank a few beers.....I felt pretty good that day. But any of my friends, if they ate that much, would pRobably want to be admitted to the ER. After this next harvest, I think I will make some 100mg bho pills and try to ween me off of smoking so much. BTW, everyone wh ate. Cookie, said they had little to no desire to smoke anything, so at least for them, it did help that need. For me though, I did' and wanted to smoke for the most part. There was a small window where I didn't feel a need or a want to smoke. But that didn't last too long. I am a fiend.

If you find any way of ingestion that works good for you, let me know so I can try.

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I still haven't met anyone who refused to follow my 'trust me, eat one MAX!' advice on my edibles more than one time. They all believe me now. Just takes one wild, melting ride for most to figure it out.

Once I had a 20lb dog swipe a 4 dose dispensary cookie off the kitchen counter. He was out of it for 2 entire days. Glazed eyes, pissing himself, completely unresponsive. If I didn't know for a fact that he'd be fine when it wore off I'd have been 24-hour vet freaking for sure. Mrs. Peterson would have been pissed...

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Nice story !

Since I tried to see what happen if you eat a nice quantity of oil, I have always been more than clear on the quantity one need to ingest, so far people followed up the advice...

I did 1g oil (from Nepali hash) cookies - (15 of them for the record, 1st batch) 1 cookie was definitely good for around 10 persons, non smokers or not daily users. For me it was a nice 12 hours.

First time I made those cookies was for a trip from nepal to india by bus. I eat one of them when we started, my seat neighbour, a cool american fisherman, could not believe how much my eyes went red... Damned I thought, I told my friend he could eat a good half... Later on I learnt he got totally unable to speak or move in a middle of a Nepali festival, ah ah.
The time I made those 1g crepes was pretty amazing as well. 36 hours plane trip that just lasted a second thanks to those 3 crepes. I was just in between sleep and intense trippin ^^.

On a note it seems that cannabis oil in great quantity, ingested, will greatly improve your stomach resistance and greatly help you with digesting crazy spicy indian foods so delicious. From diarrhea you go to constipation in a couple of hours, this is just the most efficient medicine I ve seen for this purpose.

my only problem with ingesting strong quantity is it gets me overdry. My mouth, all my body, I can wake up feeling the driest ever, and I still always drink around 3/4L during my trip... does it happens to anybody ? any answer to this problem ?

++

litebuzz

Edibles can be oh so dangerous to virgins. I made butter one time and I threw the discard over the banking outside because I didn't want to stink the house up anymore by throwing it into the trash. Didn't even think the doggies would go after it...seemed like wet smelly grass.
My dogs head was bobbing like one of those car ornaments...and I said to my husband...look at the dog...is his head wobbling?
and he said...yeah he was into something over the banking....and then it hit me. I felt soooo bad. luckily I strained it really good...but still 70lb dog felt no pain for a day. He slept inbetween us all night...snoring very loudly.

U

Ultra Current

Nice story! I just ran out of my butter last week. I had 4 pounds of some really potent butter that I would eat every night in my hot chocolate or warm milk with a little sugar. My mom is a pastry chef so next week we are going to make some truffles, lolly pops and other edibles. I'm just waiting for the right night to make the butter because it stinks up the neighborhood for 3 hours. I use an ounce of bud trim per stick of butter. It's nice!

GI JO

Another recipe

Another recipe

1/2 cup budder
1 cup peanut butter
1 (11 oz) pkg. of butterscotch chips
1/2 bag (approx.) mini marshmallows

Melt the butter over low heat, add p.butter & butterscotch chips
Once it is all melted, take it off the heat for about 5 mins. Add the marshmallows. Pour into a buttered pan and put in the fridge until it gets hard.

The taste is fabulous and because there is nothing else in the recipe (flour, baking powder etc) the butter mixes really well with the other ingredients. Makes for even distribution of the cannabudder throughout. Be careful tho, it tastes soooooo good!