What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Hash Help!

samooo

i hope someone can help me here....i just mixed 2 pounds of frozen sticky pot leaf in a 5 gallon 3 bag set of bubblebags and came up with only .3g of hash after repeated runs. i think there is a problem with the bags because water just runs through them so i let the water sit over night hoping that it would seperate and i could extract using gravity method but that didnt work and the water didnt seperate from the trichomes and now i have a trash can full of rich amber water that i dont know how to extract the hash out of....please help!

MapleMonk

hi mate !

could you explain your setup lil better (mesh size, how much bags)...

maybe the cleaning bag (witch catches all your green matter) has a to tiny mesh, or the second bag (should collect the trichs) is to big.

did you put extra ice in the buckets when stirring ?

i dont get why the trics didnt separate from the water overnight .... is there visible stuff floating in the water ?

hope you make it in time as those water-plant mixes are really fast to start fermentation processes, try to keep the solution as cool as possible

samooo

i am using 3 5gallon bags with a 220 screen a 73 and a 25. the brand name is boldt i used tones of ice and there is nothing floating on the top its all clean..... i decided to make hash tea and when i microwave a cup or heat it in a crock pot the trichomes will group in small numbers and you can see hashforming on the bottom of the cup but this does not happen witout heat.....the tea is really really strong (its just hashwater warmed up) i had a few cups before bed and i slept in an extra 4 hours.....pretty nice except that i really wanted hash to smoke an i have literally gone through about 10pounds of trim (4 got moldy and 4 were ruined in an iso soak and now 2pounds of sticky icky pot leaf has been turned into pot water)......i know theres a problem with the bags because they dont hold water they dont drain slowly the water just passes right through and i know they arent working because im still finding hash in the bottom of my tea.....i have about 7 gallons of this pot water sitting in my grow room.... maybe i should get new bags? i tried making a diy filter out of coffe filters and tea bags but that just seemed like a waste because i ended up with sopping wet green filters with no hash /cry

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your bags could be bad. There is a thread here discussing this. Most bags are not created equal. The hole sizes are incorrect(much bigger). Don't buy cheap bags they only bags worth buying a Bman's The original Bubble bags. If you have these and you are still getting those results then your procedure is lacking something. Make sure the water is ice cold and make sure you have enough ice in the mix. I dont use a hand mixer I use a paddle I made to gently stir the mix.

Here is the thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=215712

Latest posts

Latest posts