What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are we there yet?

jjs

Hi all ,

Got a Ak48 flowering for 9 weeks so far and wondering should I pull it or let it go for a bit more?.

Cheers

JJ's:thank you:

Attachments

• SAM_0750.jpg
    SAM_0750.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_0740.jpg
    SAM_0740.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_0742.jpg
    SAM_0742.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_0759.jpg
    SAM_0759.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 17

MapleMonk

Sorry to say, but there is no end in sight yet for this girl .
Looks like you got a more sativa leaning plant.

they will go from this:
45953ak47_sativa10.jpg

to this:
45953ak47_sativa12.jpg

to end like that:
45953ak21.JPG

A ripe flower should look more like this(lil chubby,with colored hairs):
45953ak47_indica.jpg

Nice healthy plant you got there, imho let her ripe ! (min 2-3 weeks)

hope i could help gg

ps checking the trichomes with a scope would be your best bet !

Herborizer

Veteran
I just wanted to emphasize this point. Without a scope you're just guessing. Get something so you can check the trichs with.

I personally feel this is a wives tale. A lot of people will advise to look at the trichs, but I read this thread on another site that is the absolutely best "when to harvest" thread I have ever seen.

The basic idea is like the great advice and pictures above from Maplemonk. The pistols should not be very visible. Ripe is when the pistols retract into and near the calyxes. The Calyxes will really swell up and the whole bud will swell. When you think you are done, go another 7-14 days. It will be well worth it.

I would say your plants are 4 weeks away like what Sour Deez said above. Good luck!

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Definitely not ready. Wait for the calyx's to swell, then start checking the trichomes.

ijim

I personally feel this is a wives tale. A lot of people will advise to look at the trichs, but I read this thread on another site that is the absolutely best "when to harvest" thread I have ever seen.

The basic idea is like the great advice and pictures above from Maplemonk. The pistols should not be very visible. Ripe is when the pistols retract into and near the calyxes. The Calyxes will really swell up and the whole bud will swell. When you think you are done, go another 7-14 days. It will be well worth it.

I would say your plants are 4 weeks away like what Sour Deez said above. Good luck!
Some seek good smokable Cannabis with uplifting highs. Some seek big fat buds that put the party to sleep. There are a hundred ways to wipe your ass.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
So much has changed since finding this site. Never knew any trichomes, aren't they the hairy things that turn brown?

Last grow the 13 g cola's were taken on day 53. The popcorn puffed up to 5 g's by day 70. Leftover's got left on the plant until 84. This is a sativa leaning plant, trichomes do not change very much over this period.
From 'go to work' pot to 'huh?, what channel is on?' mind mess. This is a range non existant a few short months ago. "If I knew then what I know now..." that lament applies to so much.

Zeus pointed me correctly for harvesting, the man knows his plants on a personal level.
Oldmac knows so much I have difficulty forming the right questions.

Harvesting in rotation every three weeks, every harvest better than the one before. Every three weeks I make a change based on information gotten on this site blended with information coming out of the grow room.
Everything has slowly changed, for the better each time. Just throwing this thumb's up out there for all the grower's that have shared what they do.

John Deere

Veteran
Thanks, Herborizer, for pointing me to the Zeus thread. It's gotten me thinking and it really makes a lot of sense.

Flowers get more aromatic and fruit/veggies get more flavorful as they mature. (I grow lots of peppers and frequently surprise people when they taste a red ripe jalapeno vs the typical earlier green) I don't discount that trich color comes into play but I'm definitely going to start looking at the whole picture a bit differently from now on. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit. :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts