What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour 60 in soil and gdp/sour60 in coco

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks alot highroller614 :tiphat:

20/4 - I think I'll give it a few days and put up a macro and we'll see how she's doing. The seed development is pretty early so it's got a ways to go..hopefully I'll see some tiger stripes eventually otherwise I'll consider it a failure.

Chopped 2 last nite.

here's "G" :

front-

back -

I don't remember the exact wet weight..around 230g. Smelled good..not as strong as the last one. This one had light tints of purple starting but not much density. This plant was one of the 2 corner plants in the stadium also so yields were a little lower. In the future I don't plan on putting plants in the corners.

Here's "K" :

front-

back -

The jug of nutes was just to prop it up btw...it was in a smartpot of coco :) This one had big beastly buds..biggest one yet. She had a few nanners, but I might try run her again to see if she mellows out. This one had some great color...I didn't get the plants flushed as well as I would like this run...I realy should have hand-flushed a little to help the blumats. The drip from the blumats really wasn't enough to get nay runoff and flush, I should have thought about that better. This one also had that leafbud trait again..except this time the leafbuds purpled up and looked like little gdp buds. I had to be ccarefull trimming off fan leaves cuz there was alot of medium sized bud connected to them. This one had a much stronger gdp smell. 380g wet :jump:

Here's some nice shots just for you guys :) (K):

trimming right along..:dance013: doing a few more tonite. I might update again late tonite or tomorrow.

Lemme know what you guys think! :thank you:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I think your right after about a week or so we should see some progress if there is any...how long do you suspect the seeds had left to develope had theystayed on the plant?

I'm speechless man, I really don't know what to say, these sour60xgdp look so beautiful !

Please share with me your plan after these are fully auto ? What chacteristics will you be most interested in? Obviously gdp pheno...but elaborate more it you don't mind :)

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I think the seeds had about 3 weeks left..there's like a dozen other phenos in there that are pollinated too and none of the pods are splitting yet..so we'll get to see how the regular ones progress as well.

Thanks man! I'm loving this...it's so cool to see the different combinations of genes..and smell them too :) like in that post the little leaf buds looked like gdp nugs with the purps and bright orange hairs..and rock hard too.

I don't really have any big plans when I'm done. I just really wanted a nice dense auto that I could grow outdoors. The majority of plants I've done outside end up real leafy and loose (no offence OD growers :hide: ) so I wanted a strain with super dense nugs to be able to do guerilla stuff with...and of course wanted the auto trait too so I can do perpetual outdoors....I figure this project will be complete when I get an auto with rockhard buds that turn purple and smell of gdp with minimal leaves. Eventually I'd love to work in the purple trait of the jems and the ducksfoot leaftrait too.. and in the end have a fully purple/black auto with ducksfoot leaves that doesn't resemble much of a mj plant during it's short life cycle....I dunno if that will ever happen, if it does that will be my life's work lol. I think vicious bee is doing some work with autos and ducksfoot if I remember right..

I chopped 2 more tonite..but I'll do the picture thing tomorrow, I'm wore out.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I think the seeds had about 3 weeks left..there's like a dozen other phenos in there that are pollinated too and none of the pods are splitting yet..so we'll get to see how the regular ones progress as well.

Thanks man! I'm loving this...it's so cool to see the different combinations of genes..and smell them too :) like in that post the little leaf buds looked like gdp nugs with the purps and bright orange hairs..and rock hard too.

I don't really have any big plans when I'm done. I just really wanted a nice dense auto that I could grow outdoors. The majority of plants I've done outside end up real leafy and loose (no offence OD growers :hide: ) so I wanted a strain with super dense nugs to be able to do guerilla stuff with...and of course wanted the auto trait too so I can do perpetual outdoors....I figure this project will be complete when I get an auto with rockhard buds that turn purple and smell of gdp with minimal leaves. Eventually I'd love to work in the purple trait of the jems and the ducksfoot leaftrait too.. and in the end have a fully purple/black auto with ducksfoot leaves that doesn't resemble much of a mj plant during it's short life cycle....I dunno if that will ever happen, if it does that will be my life's work lol. I think vicious bee is doing some work with autos and ducksfoot if I remember right..

I chopped 2 more tonite..but I'll do the picture thing tomorrow, I'm wore out.

Good deal, i think my seeds are about 3-4 weeks left til they will be ready, some seed pods are already splitting VERY VERY early...so maybe this means they are maturing very quickly?!?

Sounds like it will be a great outdoor auto once all is said in done! I can hardly wait!

You should work with pinkbud and ducksfoot IMHO though, the pinkbuds color comes from the jems, but it taste better and has a higher resin content i feel... Imagine PinkFoot:laughing:

Jeez your a trimming machine!! If you need help smoking that new stuff, let me know:tiphat:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
quick pic update...these are from 2 nights ago..still need to upload the pics from the 3 more I did last nite too.

here's A;
front-

back

I've lost track of the wet weights now..the 3 I did last nite were 180/260/330 .. A was kinda green and smelled of gdp. not much stood out with that one.

Here's "F" one of my 2 favorites for a candidate for the f2's:

front-

back-

smelled delicious and had rock hard nugs. Lots of purple starting, I'm sure it would have gone darker with a better flush.

I also smoked some "E" last nite..the first of the phenos I've tested out so far...it was delicious! Had some real nice dank/skunky undertones..reminded me a bit of querkle or slh.

hi 20/4 I think that your seeds are probably developing faster because you have more intense light and warmer temps imo. I htink I also pollinated too early..I just left the male in there most of the time..shoulda waited till like week 4 so there were more pistils available to pollinate.

:thank you:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great mate :) - I can't give you any more rep at the moment :(

Some seeds are different...

Some calyxs can 'split' early on, so you can more or less watch the development from immature to mature,

However some will stay together and tight the whole way through, it's only by looking at the dates and/or twisting the odd seeded calyx off and unwrapping the seed that you can check the maturity.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks alot red! nice to have you stop by I hope all is well with you :)

Thanks for the advice on the seeds Mitch...it seems like the size of the calyx is what make it pop open or not..but I dunno...I have noticed under lower light conditions you get slightly smaller seeds..that happened to me several years ago and haven't run such low wattage again...I was running probably 20w psf and it produced seeds just just fine but they were tiny and hard to pop.

Sorry for the delay on updates..I've been sick the past few days.

I've got a bunch of pics to post..some pics ended up real blurry, I was feeling like shit and honestly didn't try my hardest taking pics..hope you guys understand.

Z! :

very nice purpling..wonderful gdp smells.

I :

:ying:

H;

weights are staying pretty steady around 275 wet for anyone interested...I haven't been keeping track of the weights too much. Sorry I won't be able to report any dry weights.

Most phenos are all chopped down..went to do the last 2 last nite and found a nice colony of mites hiding out...so I chopped the plant and hung it upside down to try to get some of the mites off..I'll most likely make it into oil. I'm not a big fan of smoking bugs.

another update coming on a few more phenos and the seed run...:tiphat:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
D:

and here's a shot of the purpled "leafbud" I showed a few pages back..it was the only bud on the plant that went that dark...pretty cool :

here's "M" :

very similair bud structure to mother...the way the buds klinda seperate from each other and not grow into a single cola...smells were great too just lacked some of the density and the weight was a little light for it's size/position.

Here's "L" so far looking to be the winner:

I love the coloring on this one...it seems to have a little more then the mother even..and the smell is wonderful. A much sweeter version of the gdp fruitypebbles smell...kinda like a more candied smell...reminded me of the sweetness of bmr or slh. I caught a few smells of grape too while trimming. Yield was on the higher end..don't remember exactly but in at least the 75 percentile or w/e. I'm very happy with this one, might even replace the original. She has much more vigor and easier to clone too, the mother is kinda slow in veg and hard to clone.

some shots of the fresh buds of L :

------------------

here's what's going on with the seeded plantlets:

a cut of the gdp mom getting seeded with the gdp/s60 f1 male:

here's the cutting in the jar of nutes..definitely making progress:

new

old pic from when I first cut it:

I tried my best to get that same angle..but the color is off :hide: there's a few pods splitting and it has way more trics on it too...the hairs have receded fully and it looks like it will develop some seeds if not all of them. :jump:

:thank you:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Wow amazing stuff!!! Pheno L is brilliant!! That is probably my favorite pheno so far! The color is SOOO amazing, it looks just like fruity pebbles as well!

and WOWZERS i cant believe how big of a difference between the last two pictures!! Im looking forward to your final thoughts on this test, if you think it works, i think im going to let my seeded branches soak in water for an extra week before i de-seed them..

So what exactly did you do? Reg water and flower nutes? Did you use more, use less? Please explain again...If i could rep you more i would! People are going to be ALL OVER THIS PROJECT once its fully auto, WATCH OUT FOR THIEVES!

I love this thread!!! Keep it up bud!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks so much man, nice to have you following along :)

for the water I just gave it some 50% 6/9 (h3ad) formula that I use in my coco..6ml micro and 9 ml bloom per gallon..the bottom leaves are starting to yellow a little so I'm not sure if it's actually absorbing any of those nutes or if it's just using reserves from the leaves.

I'll get some of the dried bud pics up tomorrow maybe..still waiting on 1 or 2 phenos to dry, then at least week on curing, most are done already though and smelling delicious.

Nice to finally be all done trimming now...even though I'm 2 months out now...it feels really nice actually lol.

edit: you can also see if you look real close, the seeds are also starting to develop well underneath the top bud.. :dance013: if this experiment works out well I'll try it again to see just how early I can chop the branch to be pollinated...that way when I do seed runs I can just chop a branch off the main plant and throw it in a jar of nutes in a box to make seeds without worrying about contaminating the rest of the crop/plant.

:bump:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man, hope the branch in glass experiment works out for you, it would be a great way of isolating the pollen from the rest of the grow.

I take my plants elsewhere, and by using water and baggies on my targeted buds you can be sure not to get too many stray seeds.

Looking great though dude, as 20/4 said, 'L' looks lovely, fluffy but dense if that makes sense, very pretty either way, will look forward to your smoke reports on the various plants.

Cheers, mitch

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
thanks so much man, nice to have you following along :)

for the water I just gave it some 50% 6/9 (h3ad) formula that I use in my coco..6ml micro and 9 ml bloom per gallon..the bottom leaves are starting to yellow a little so I'm not sure if it's actually absorbing any of those nutes or if it's just using reserves from the leaves.

I'll get some of the dried bud pics up tomorrow maybe..still waiting on 1 or 2 phenos to dry, then at least week on curing, most are done already though and smelling delicious.

Nice to finally be all done trimming now...even though I'm 2 months out now...it feels really nice actually lol.

edit: you can also see if you look real close, the seeds are also starting to develop well underneath the top bud.. :dance013: if this experiment works out well I'll try it again to see just how early I can chop the branch to be pollinated...that way when I do seed runs I can just chop a branch off the main plant and throw it in a jar of nutes in a box to make seeds without worrying about contaminating the rest of the crop/plant.

:bump:

Awesome man! I will be sure to do this with the 12 or so branches i have seeded!, its gonna be intesting labeling all of the different branches and phenos... But youve done it flawlessly so far, so it shouldnt be too hard! I think im going to do the letter thing..

Ive taken my notes and will try and see what my results are..

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts