What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour 60 in soil and gdp/sour60 in coco

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hi. :tiphat:

well I started with setting up the blumats last nite...took quite a while and quite a few bowls to figure out how to rig them with out having to order the extra tubing. I'll order the extra tubing though...I just don't want to wait...I'll redo the lines at the end of this run when this room is empty.

first a shot from a few days ago:

my new favorite toys soaking:

then I decided to build a ummm...like a smaller rez for the blumats...reading through the huge BM thread it seemed like the only issues people sometimes have is refilling their rez and the water pressure changes slightly, and can cause some of the BM's to water a little too much. This is WasntMe 's idea with the "floating" rez:

regular rez at the bottom, 18 gal roughneck, (will be bigger later) ..pumps 5' up to the top 5 gallon bucket..I have a 1/5 recycle timer running right now for a hydro plant a few feet away so the pump will be on that same cycle to insure the bucket stays full. This way the top bucket will always have the same pressure of ~4 gallons. Oh yeh there's an overflow at about the 4" gallon mark which drains back to the bottom... here, have alook for yourself:

hmm..yeh just a pump goin up the top bucket through 1/2" waterfalling into the top through the white filtery stuff. Oh yeh I had to make sure to keep that line above the 4 gallon drain line or it siphons out the bucket when the pump turns off lol. teh nin that top bucket is of course the 8mm BM line .... I think I'll change it to 1/2" later to try to help reduce some vaporlock.

hmmm I'm pretty high, bear with me...oh yeh I decided to just convert the 8mm line to 1/4 for now.. and I'll make a conversion back to 8mm right at the BMs...that way I can run 1/4" in the long lines and just use a few feet of the 8mm here and there since I can get more 1/4" ez.

OK! and here we have some decent shots of some plants cleared out during watering to make some "frolic room" so I don't get stuck in there like a bug. :jump:

and finally a few shots of lights back on:

I hope everyone is enjoying this awesome plant to their and it's fullest potential! I must have said "HOLY SHIT" 20 times last night while I was clearing out some leaves and rearranging a few plants....this is by far the closest thing to a jungle I've ever grown....the difference from horizontal is astounding!! I can't even stress that enough!! FUCKING AMAZING! go vert! It's so crazy to think that I've been running another 2k room for about a year and a half, horizontally and to think that I could have been doing this much with the same amount of light (actually would have saved $ on equipment) that just blows my mind...wow I'm gonna smoke a bowl and try to calm down HAH!

:respect: to ICMAG ...2k vert in smartpots of coco with blumats...this is like my fucking dream grow, I can't imagine it getting better. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes here and hopefully I can inspire others the way I've been inspired by mofos like ...well I'm not even gonna get started.

oh and on a final note...anyone "scared" to try out coco or hydro...just do it! DAMN! I realized yesterday that I haven't had a ph meter at home for over 4 months now...I just have the formula memorized..and all the plants look just as healthy as any plants I've grown. I don't recommend not using a meter or anything...I'm just saying it's easier then you may think.

:wave:

Last edited:

DIRT DIGGLER

Looking very good my friend..its been awhile since I've stopped in and checked your progress,very nice.
I also just ordered my self a bunch of blumats and I'm thinking of upping my pot size to 5 gal.
and going pure tlo {true living organics} no more messing with nutes just pure water and the occasional tea.
I'm trying to simplify things and make life for me and my plants a lil' easier.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
cool thanks fer swinging by DIRT, for 5 gallon buckets you might want the maxi...->? not sure on that though...if yer doing smartpots the regular ones would work...at least that's what I gathered reading the thread...that the maxi's will penetrate deeper and are better for a lower water table or whatever.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:wave:

snapped a few solo shots of the ladies last nite...looks like C got lost in the mix somewhere :confused: edit: the thin black line on the wall is 4'

A:

B:

D:

E:

F:

G:

H:

I:

J:

K:

L:

M:

N:

X:

Z:

and a few room shots after I set up the blumats:

I ran the 1/4" along the walls and made tee's to the 8mm lines to the BM's...also made a few shots to purge the lines of air when I need to.was alot more work then I expected (always is) ...I decided to follow lazyman's advice and suck the nutes through the lines to purge the initial air...I always wondered what 6x9 formula tastes like...not much really. :laughing: then I realized my big nute syringe fits the end of the 1/4", so I used that to suck air through after that. did all that last nite...went back today and all looks good..no floods or drips from the connections...nothing was dry yet and I didn't see any of them dripping so tomorrow will tell how close I got to dialing them in.

:bump:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks alot for the support red :) I appreciate you stopping by.

I threw up some netting today and trained some buds through....looks like stretch is about over. I was worried about the plants falling over if they get dry ...they're already getting top heavy :)

Still dialing in the blumats...looks like about 3 or 4 are set right so far....the pots are drying out a little slow so it might take a few extra days to dial them all in, but they're already saving me time.

So far none of the plants are really standing out as far as bud structure goes...but they're still young...a few have different branching structures. A few have a really great gdp smell to them as well. I'll start taking bud shots of the different phenos in about a week...I can't wait to see them all develop!

L

laylow

Them S60's are going to be monsters looking at the size of them now very very Nice SD....

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:tiphat: thanks alot Mdanzig, I hope your work with the OG is going well :) I can't wait, but I guess I have to... so I'll stay extra busy in the meantime! :whee:

thanks alot laylow: GDP/sour60 actually :) currently nonauto..but I'm working on it.

here's a few random stem shots from last nite:

Oh hey look! autos! in the auto forum!! :

germing some sour60 f2's in the "The Light Sabre Forcefield" as it's been called :) wow the scale of that pic looks all weird..looks like a square box but it's a normal HP pc case.

I noticed a little slime starting in my rez for the blumats...ph jumped quite a bit and it took waaay too much ph down to get it back to 5.9...that was the clue to feel around inside...It's all lightproofed and was superclean when I started...maybe I got some crosscontaminates from the old pump...I'll close the lines off and run a light bleach solution through tonite and refill with fresh nutes....gonna have to dump like 12 gallons :( I hate wasting stuff :mad: but on the brightside at least I didn't switch to a bigger rez yet :)

...oh and I still have all the gdp/s60 mothers and plantlets..lost a few but I have most phenos backed up and will flip them into 12/12 anyday for that seedrun...just not sure where to flower them....maybe I have another micro box around here that I'm not using ;)

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran

I've been thinking about drilling a hole in the wall to take better pics ;) ...it's hard to get a good angle. I'll try to make a fisheye lens soon to get a better view of what's in there....I love redspaghetti's fisheye shots...so I'm stealing it!!

:bump:

LetsSeeYa

Great looking grow man, id rep ya, but did in a different thread. But then hit the link to here and am blown away bro!

Killer man, il be watching the show, thanks man................:thank you:

LSY

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks alot for the rep and support bro, I'll try to do a full update tonite with some nice budshots...I was moving some plants around last nite nad got a really strong orange smell...I have no clue what plant it came from yet, but the whole room smelled like oranges.

The blumats are working awesome..still a little tweaking here and there but no floods or lockups at all. They're saving me a ton of time.

sorry for the lack of updates for a bit everyone, here's a sneak peak at what I've been working on..I'll save the more recent pics for a new thread in the vert section.

LetsSeeYa

Well ya got me thinking how i can put my LEDs together and spin them to run vertical. I used them like this to flower my NL#5, but they sat vertical pointing at the plant and i just turned the plant.

But im in a tent now so il drool over your grow!

LSY

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
with the leds maybe you could put a xmas tree mover in the middle to spin it...then the cord can rotate too cuz there's a plug coming out for the lights. I was just thinking yesterday that If I had another room to setup like this I'd run 6 xmas tree movers in place of the buckets with like 4 or 5 coco plants on each getting hand watered, or I could even put a small res and pump on each platform. That way I'd have like 6 sets of 5 plants rotating "around" the bulb...actually I think if it was just after xmas right now (and I could get them for cheep) I'd go pick up a few and veg like that vertically.

<-- uploading a few pics, I'll update in a few probly. :wave:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran

I tried to make a fisheye but I couldn't get my camera to focus with it :( (I'm amazed there's no manual focus on my camera btw) Here's a few individual shots:

The rest are kinda hard to get to ;) it's getting pretty sticky in there...I have to crawl now and I still bump buds. "K" is really standing out with the donkeydick colas..none of the other phenos are bulking up like that. The majority of them smell like gdp, there's one that smells like oranges which I didn't expect, and a few smell of a mix of S60 and gdp. It's hard to get a good look at or a feel for each plant cuz they're all mixed in the netting now and I have to trace branches. Yesterday a plant(not BM'd) on the top row had gotten dry/topheavy and fell into the far light...luckily I got there right after the lights came on so there wasn't even burn yet. If you look you can see she's tied down now. I'll have to figure out something better next run to secure plants to...or maybe weights in the bottom...I really don't like having string and stuff everywhere.

there's a few pics in my vert album of my new project...but ya gotta go find em if ya want the sneak peak. ;)

LetsSeeYa

with the leds maybe you could put a xmas tree mover in the middle to spin it...then the cord can rotate too cuz there's a plug coming out for the lights. I was just thinking yesterday that If I had another room to setup like this I'd run 6 xmas tree movers in place of the buckets with like 4 or 5 coco plants on each getting hand watered, or I could even put a small res and pump on each platform. That way I'd have like 6 sets of 5 plants rotating "around" the bulb...actually I think if it was just after xmas right now (and I could get them for cheep) I'd go pick up a few and veg like that vertically.

<-- uploading a few pics, I'll update in a few probly. :wave:

Man thats a good idea with the x-mas tree movers. I have never seen one, but can understand what your saying. Just may give it a try after i get a scrog under the belt.

Great pic's man!

Just a thought, but couldn't you put chicken wire around your lights so the plants could get close enough to almost lean against it. This way you need not worry about them burning, but then tie the growth that blocks light. Just a thought man as it should be cheap and an easy fix.

LSY

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks for stopping in Red..nice to see ya back :)
thanks alot it was a ton of work...did you mean the new build? ;) I think I spent 4 hours straight foil taping, felt like I had built a v6 engine when I was done. lol

Hiya LSY, I was thinking about chicken wire....there's a trellis netting thing in there to hold up the back wall...I feel like I'm too far into it now switch much stuff around, but there will be some changes next round..and I'll probably cover the walls in chicken wire.

LetsSeeYa

thanks for stopping in Red..nice to see ya back :)
thanks alot it was a ton of work...did you mean the new build? ;) I think I spent 4 hours straight foil taping, felt like I had built a v6 engine when I was done. lol

Hiya LSY, I was thinking about chicken wire....there's a trellis netting thing in there to hold up the back wall...I feel like I'm too far into it now switch much stuff around, but there will be some changes next round..and I'll probably cover the walls in chicken wire.

Well man i only saw it used on a vert grow when i had first joined. I think its a good idea to control all that growth. And putting it above is going to help to, im sure them buds are going to be heavy as hell.

I like the set up for sure, but i think we all try to improve them. I know there is always something i need to buy. I have a volleyball net im going to use for a scrog, its just setting in my shed.

Looking great man:tiphat:

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts