What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF?should 13yr old be smokin pot w/ prnts

So I have to ask you all! One of my family members friends has a 13 year old daughter, both parents are heavy pot smokers. My sister walked into their house the other day and their sat the 13 year old daughter smoking a bong with both parents, and of course the parents think, because the daughter said she wants to smoke pot "she is better off smoking with them than god knows where and with who!"

Is it just me or is this completely FUCKED UP!?

First of all, if the cops or the school found out, all hell would break loose, on many different levels, for the parents and who ever they get their smoke from.

Second of all, while she is still a child she should be forebiden to smoke anything at home or anywhere else. when she is out of school and 18yrs old then maybe it would be another matter.

These parents have always smoked infront of their children.
Myself I will never smoke infront of my children any time soon, not until they are adults, just my opinion

Please let me know what you think!
Thanks

BrainSellz

Veteran
wish my folks smoked with me when i was 13.....its better'en smokes.....lots of 13 year olds do that nasty sh*t, mo

Last edited:

HUGE

Veteran
13 no. im all about weed but at that age the kid needs parents not friends. when the kid says i want to smoke weed you say too fucking bad your 13. now go mow the lawn. kids need to fear,respect / almost hate in order to build the skills required to function in society. if the kid has MS ya give him some weed, otherwise wait till they are 18 to party with your kids atleast.

microgram

Times are changing, why not? I say that it's better to smoke with them than having your child run off smoking something else.

I much rather have my kid smoke with me rather than smoke with some crack dealer who is supplying him pot.
Child abuse is forcing a child to do something, asking them is not.

The school and newspaper would have a hay-day if they ever found out, it would make national headlines for sure. Trust should be number one.

Tilt

On the surface I tend to agree with the OP. There has been some studies that have pointed to the negative effects of marijuana on the developing brain of teenagers. But you also have to look at the parents arguement too. I ask myself do I really want my 13 year old trying to score a nickel of schwag? Do I want them betraying my trust and pinching my stash. Honesty with your kids is the most important. They need to hear more than just NO. Do not think that they will not figure out you smoke. Educate your children. You do not want them to learn from friends or drug dealers. They need to know all the consequences of deciding to smoke has on there lives and yours too. They will make a decision you can at best direct that decision to a positive outcome for you and your children. If the decision is negative you can mitigate as much as possible if you and your kids are honest.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
First of all, if the cops or the school found out, all hell would break loose, on many different levels, for the parents and who ever they get their smoke from.

That is correct-- (Except for the "Whoever they get it from" part...that is a little dramatic--)

Second of all, while she is still a child she should be forebiden to smoke anything at home or anywhere else. when she is out of school and 18yrs old then maybe it would be another matter.

Good luck with that one!! My parents were like that, and I started at 11...oh, and from that point on, they were never again to know the "Real Me"...just the lies I told to placate them and their unyeilding ways--

These parents have always smoked infront of their children.
Myself I will never smoke infront of my children any time soon, not until they are adults, just my opinion

Please let me know what you think!
Thanks

If you think smoking Cannabis is wrong...then why do you do it??
If you don't think it is wrong...why would you hide it??
I have never hid my smoking from my kids...but I made sure they were Educated about it also--
My Oldest son smokes, my oldest daughter has never tried it...but still supports Legalization-- My youngest (12)...well...tho she doesn't smoke, to my knowledge...she has the personality that I am sure it will come up in time--
As far as "she is better off smoking with them than god knows where and with who!"...that, IMHO, is a valid argument--
We can all only do what we feel is right, when it comes to raising kids-- We shouldn't hate on others choices, unless every one that we make is perfect--:tiphat:

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I say better get it from mom and dad, then scoring dimes on the corner,where u might run into harder stuff, If you say the kid has been raised with it then in my eyes its normal in her environment , For me it wasnt till I was 15 till I smoked with my family, but I been puff since I was 13 and they knew it......Im sure in a couple years or so she will think weed is for burn outs like mom and dad, lol
peace TS

To be honest one of my good friends is someone who supplies several people in the area with their smoke, so the initial reaction is "oh shit, this could get bad for many people".
if this child flaps her lips, and most of them do.
I am a recovering cocaine addict and drunk, have not used any hard stuff in going on 5yrs now. But I do smoke pot once or twice a month. I do think it should be legalized at least for medication reasons, which I would more than qualify for. I also smoke it because I like it!
When my children growup and deside to smoke then thats fine. Their choice.
But while they are young I will educate them on drugs in general, being that drug addiction runs in there family. I will not do anything that may sway them in the direction I took. That is why I no longer drink at all, or use heavy drugs.
So why do I still smoke pot??? Because Im an adult and I can make that choice, when I was a teen my choices almost killed me. So I do my best now to help my children make the choices that will benefit them the most in life.

Well I gota crash, Be back tomorrow thanks

MapleMonk

not smoking until they are 18 .......hmmmm, reality often looks different ! they will do it if they like to, with or without your knowledge.
so at the end is not your choice if they will smoke or not, your choice is if you wanna know or not .....my 2 cents

rambone

I like to think of it the way the French think of alcohol in general, kids are given small servings of alcohol on occasion so once they are finally of age it isn't this forbidden fruit that they go over board on and binge drink the way that I have seen in the part of the states I grew up in. Teach the kids responsible use. Get good grades or at least be passionate about something, and once the work is done free your mind.

I can see both sides of this issue. If the child is going to consume cannabis, then it might as well be with the parents, who can educate the child about cannabis, the responsibility of consuming cannabis and drug use in general, much better than the child's peers.

However, if any administrator from the child's school or a police officer found out that the parents were the ones supplying the cannabis to the child, then the parents will lose custody of thir children.

E

el dub

NO way, Jose. Lots-o kids might be smoking, but I don't believe it's good for the mental development of children.

lw

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
its dead fucking wrong for so many reasons

WHY !?!?!?!??!

as a medicine, even a safe one, need is a prerequisite for use

as a recreational vehicle, the need to mitigate the life stresses is relative to your position in life.

having 2 kids that age, THEY ARE BEAMING with happiness already, their lives are not that complex or difficult to require altering their being to find balance

they get balance from their parents

they have a period of time to physically develop without any little body chemistry alteration to their body

not to mention she would be in foster care if they get caught

how you explain that to a judge?

i feel the same way about alcohol cigarettes and pot not to mention other drugs

i was raging at 13 on far more than pot but i did not have a life i cherished

i wish different for my kids, not that they exonerate it as a choice, but develop all the other necessary skill sets in life before they seek balance from the outside

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
LOL yeah this one really cracks me up!!! How old were you when you started smokin cannabis ??? LOL .. me I was 13 aswell and with or without my parents I was going to SMOKE CANNABIS!!!!!!! LOL......I seem to remember when I was that age that everyone around me DRANK BOOZE!!!!! Seeing as though I never liked booze that wasn't going to be me. Besides you get in a lot more trouble drinking then you do smokin so you take your pick what exactly do you want the kid to do.??? I think ppl that start threads like this and then go on and on about how bad it is forget what it was like to be a teen and that is too bad... No one told me what to do especially not adults that were hippocrites. So what they partake with their kid,, big fucking deal!!!!! I would rather my kid be home with me and if she smokes she smokes .. Seeing as though we all smoke I think it's real hypocitical of ppl to go down the judgement road...Judge the girl and parents by how good or bad they are in life but not by somthing as small as this...If she kills somone then you can cry foul all you want. peace out Headband707

FlaDankster

Veteran
they get balance from their parents

i wish different for my kids, not that they exonerate it as a choice, but develop all the other necessary skill sets in life before they seek balance from the outside

Good post weird.

This is how i feel also.Way to much for a child to have to learn to become a mature responsible adult......it's just a monkey wrench in the mix if they are already packin a bowl.

FD

Latest posts

Latest posts