What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey MB - yeah nice isnt it :) the plant is also easier to see under it - like there is more whiet light only there isnt any. i guess the green mixes with the other colours to make white!

scroger - you are dead right about that! - only one chance to mix the soil that your plants are going to flower in. taking an extra 10 minutes getting it right is time well spent, and going the extra mile to get hold of all the ingredients is worthwhile too. i try to find amendments etc at regular online garden stores as they are cheep and not a security risk to order from. wormcastings can be tricky to buy in the UK. greens horticulture sells big bags of biobizz ewc though and it seems like good rich stuff.

---

got a couple of pic from today - 20 days. the tops are about 6 inches from the light and seem ok atm. i should just have the headroom to finish this plant in there.
nice bit of height above the screen. good small internodal distance. hopefully it is topped out now. im going to dust a bud with herijuana pollen in the next couple of days :D
picture.php

and from the top, looks different in just 4 days.
picture.php

cheers

VG

T

treefrog

Hey VG, looks great!

I just received a 205 last week. I'm excited about it, though it seems like it will be similar to computers. My light will be obsolete soon, lol!

Do you actually weigh the guano and rock powders?
I was trying to compare the amounts I use to the amounts you use, but grams to teaspoons/tablespoons doesn't translate very well, lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi treefrog, thanks. i shouldnt worry about your light becoming obselete - it will still grow great weed lol, in fact these 3rd gen light ratios are still in the testing stage and my not be found to ba any improvement. i was smoking some PP grown under my 2nd gen 205 the other day and its as good and strong as ive ever had that cut - perhaps even better!
i guess they will keep changing and improving over the years. i still have a 1st gen 63w unit (has more white light) and again the lemon thai i grew under it is rocket fuel!

yeah i find weighing is easiest. the N guano i use is very light so it would be a LOT of tablespoons. i just work out how many grams for the soil batch - so 50 litres of soil would be say 250g of rock phospate, and weigh all the amendments into a tub, making sure i take them from one box and place them somewhere else afterwards so i only od each one once. takes 5-10 minutes for me to weigh all the amendments.
you can convert to tablespoons of course by weighing a tablespoon and doing the maths :)
as i said though different guanos will be stronger or weaker than mine so you need to experiment a bit.

cheers

VG

Lisdexik

Whats up VG?

Liking the the LED setup man.... Good to see another fellow from the organic forum in here doin micro.

I just setup my new micro cab with CFL's today, should be fun.

Cant wait to see this man. Your previous LED grow was impressive to say the least. I'll be lurkin around for sure.

Good luck - Lisdexik

kava

WOW VG didnt know that you were up to something again (but I should of known) You do a great show and tell and I caught this one early. I have pulled up my chair and subed in for this one (in it for the long run lol)
You now have my attention so on with the show. Take care and have fun (I will be lurking over in the corner lol.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lisdexic - thanks and good luck with your new cab. you shoud think about a scrog or something to get all the buds close to the light - cfl's are good but lack penetration.

kava, welcome, yeah everything seems ok now.

i just finished building another cab that is about 16x24, and after this grow i may put this new light into there, atm i have the 63w unit hanging there and i may just keep things the same and use that one for veg. we will see.

VG

gavin2511

hey buddy
i first sampled the sharksbreath in the dam, enjoyed it so much got myself some beans!
yours are looking fantastic by the way!

gavin2511

hey MB - yeah nice isnt it :) the plant is also easier to see under it - like there is more whiet light only there isnt any. i guess the green mixes with the other colours to make white!

scroger - you are dead right about that! - only one chance to mix the soil that your plants are going to flower in. taking an extra 10 minutes getting it right is time well spent, and going the extra mile to get hold of all the ingredients is worthwhile too. i try to find amendments etc at regular online garden stores as they are cheep and not a security risk to order from. wormcastings can be tricky to buy in the UK. greens horticulture sells big bags of biobizz ewc though and it seems like good rich stuff.

---

got a couple of pic from today - 20 days. the tops are about 6 inches from the light and seem ok atm. i should just have the headroom to finish this plant in there.
nice bit of height above the screen. good small internodal distance. hopefully it is topped out now. im going to dust a bud with herijuana pollen in the next couple of days :D
picture.php

and from the top, looks different in just 4 days.
picture.php

cheers

VG

hey m8
about the worm castings... i got a 2lt milk bottle full of tiger worm castings on ebay for 99p and has been great stuff!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks gavin - yeah worm castings are great, sounds like you got a good deal.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
For some reason i enjoy your grows more than others. Your plants seem to fill out the screen very nicely and always tend to surprise me with your modular setup. Plants are looking super health btw. Looking foward to the turnout...

i'm gonna subb to follow. We use LED's at my job and these fuckers are bright when you stand where they're all directed! They replace 350w par lights, but really dont light up the same way...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bb - yeah i tend to veg for a good while - sometimes due to the plants waiting for a space in the flowering cab - but if you can get the balance right then a slightly over vegged plant that fills the screen and grows 6" or so above it will give a good yield. im always walking a fine line between filling the space and the plants getting totally out of control ;)
VG

T

treefrog

im always walking a fine line between filling the space and the plants getting totally out of control ;)
VG

That and plenty of soil are the reasons you're always walking the GPW line as well :D

I remember when I first started scrogging, I used to worry about the screen getting too full. The result of being so tentative was that I didn't hit the GPW mark. It was always like, "Shit, I should have filled that corner better!" I've always done better when I had too much veg, as opposed to too little. It's easy to cut off branches, if there are too many. Kinda hard to add more, once committed to flowering ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats right, too much plant is a good problem to have as long as you can deal with it ;)

one thing i tend to do is leave some of the lower branches on, these usually just reach the screen and produce a reasonable cola above it. as the plant tops out these can be pulled gently back through the screen and eased back through at any points where there is a gap. :dance013:

also, some strains are much more amenable to being messed about with than others.

VG

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
That seems to be my problem now, finding that fine line. With vert and all its kinda hard. heres an idea why.

Just a little bit more experimentation and i think i should get things down to a pretty good level. I need to throw another bulb in once i get my DIY cooltube. I never cut any branches, just big old fan leaves

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good bb!

420ish, PanchoBuddah- thanks for stopping by :)

bootz! - you tracked me down :D

---

couple of pics from today - 33 days flower. looks nice, a little bit of yellowing so they got a feed, but im pleased with how they look at around the halfway point.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

verdecielo

Good Job

Good Job

hey VG thanks for making a believer,:tiphat:
i just received my 120w Lamp today but still have to be patient until i move to my new apartment next month.
In the meantime i will admire your garden for some inspiration.

M

MicroDude

SmilinBob -

Cojito - if you go to page 17 of my 205w LED grow and read a bit, you will see some discussion and links about green light for growing.
as for the 90 degree lenses it means that the light/footprint will spread quicker and allow me to have the plant closer to the light (currently 7-8 inches away) if i had used the standard 60 degrees i would probably have to keep the plants a foot away and in a cabinet with about 2' of height that is way too much. ;)

VG.

Why do your plants have to be so far from the light source? The fattest buds I grow using cfl are no more than a few inches from my bulbs which are 42w each.

Latest posts

Latest posts