What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

oldbootz

Veteran
i reckon it depends how you treat them. with the low N i would also say that the haze 6 is going to finish at about 12-13 weeks. the other one... might be anywhere from 15-25 weeks who knows !!

daoboxer

Hiya VG.

Haze6: 12 weeks.
Haze3: 16 weeks.
Can't see number 3 wanting to bang on for much longer than that, but we'll see.
Peace.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Digit, for a while i thought you were going to be the winner by default!

bootz - 25 weeks! yikes!

daoboxer - thats similar to my guess, i hope we are right as that would be pretty polite for haze

things are looking OK. i repotted the little mum of haze 6 as i am convinced that pheno is a winner. i'll eat my hat if she isnt potent - she smells like she will be. haze isnt supposed to breed true for many of it's traits but seeds made with that nice short male and haze6 might have a little headstart in not being too stretchy, fat buds and shorter flowering times

ill try and get some pics tomorrow

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haze6 is definitely showing signs of ripening. :dance013:
need to pick some of those dead leaves off though...we're about 10 weeks in.
picture.php

picture.php

if you want to see haze3 then just look at last week's pic. pretty much the same :D

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Beautifull, looks like she is reaching for the end of her days :p
Yeah removing those dead leaves will be good.
More light penetration {;
With what did you pollinated it VG :cathug:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Beautifull, looks like she is reaching for the end of her days :p
Yeah removing those dead leaves will be good.
More light penetration {;
With what did you pollinated it VG :cathug:
i totaly agree wit ya. and what color r the trich. Id let her go a lil longer.

also she looks a little bit like my plant. probly not the same strain but looks alike mine and much bigger too.

very very nice job agen as alwase.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey cheesebuds - yep will defo give her a bit longer, but she is getting close

g0v i pollenated them with the haze male that i got - he was the shortest of the 6 seeds that i popped and the only male

dao - shes looking good and closer. i defo think she will be ready in the next week or two and i must also say that haze 3 is starting to look the same way - the hairs are browning off and the leaves starting to senesce.

if the smoke is good i'll try running haze 6 in 12/12 at some point soon...

VG

daoboxer

Haze3 is giving up so early? I thought she was in for the long-haul. That'll be those pitifully short days you're giving them. :)
What've you got planned for under the LEDs next?
Great stuff, as always.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dao, yeah i must get a pic soon, but it looked like haze 3 was starting to brown off pistil-wise - looks hungry too but not as hungry as haze 6. it would be interesting to see what the flowering period woud be under 12/12. ill certainly try with haze 6 if she proves to be good smoke...

marn - thanks for stopping by :)

chomp - actually there are two plants under the light so it was 52 watts that grew each plant :) haze 6 is pictured on the last page and haze 3, a much more whispy pheno, is a few pages back. i'll get a pic of both as soon as i can

VG

S

sm0k4

Excellent show Verdant. I hope to replicate similar results when I get my LED setup built. What a lot of work! You are definitely more proof that LED works.

There are a few things I am curious about and didn't see it mentioned really.

How often did you have to water due to less evaporation with the LEDs?

Did you feed extra nutes or notice any deficiencies under LED?

From my reading it seems they like the extra nutes under LED and also require less watering. Do your temps ever go above 80F / 26C?

Great Pheno of that Haze. Lucky you to have found a fine specimen like that to take cuttings with. #3, not so much, hehe. Great work!

Chomp

Yeah VG that's what I meant 104 watts for even one of those is sweet, but for both is freakin ridiculous...lol I've been through the entire thread and I'm shocked that LED's have come so far in the short time I've been out of the scene.

Anyway, great grows man,
Chomp

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sm0k4

watering really depends on your setup. i use really big pots and perhaps find a little less watering is necessary with LED, this cab has a fairly high watt/square foot for LED - around 40-50 - so i dont find it as cool as my other little 63w cab which is more like 30-40 watts per square foot.

as for nutes then that is also influenced by the amount of light the plants are getting. more light = more food. i would say 40-50 watts per square foot (with a quality LED ) is about the same as 50-60 watts per sqaure foot under HPS (which is the optimum efficiency) less than that and you may need a few less nutes.

my temps dont go above 80 in the LED cab, they are cooler - but again it depends on your watts. the mistake most people make with LED imo is to presume you can get the same results with half the watts.

yeah the haze pheno looks nice and fat but at the end of the day the skinny one might be the fire smoke ;)

----

Chomp - yeah LED's are coming on all the time. its all down to the quality and efficiency of the units, tats why the good ones are expensive..

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, here is haze 3 (new camera) tbh it looks pretty much ready but with pretty small buds. the calyxes have swelled though
picture.php

picture.php

haze 6 got chopped today. the buds had put on a nice growth spurt at the end but the trics are all cloudy going on amber. smelled lovely and ripe too...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts