What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~My First 400 watt grow~

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: sb

Seem like you got that def fix eh? awesome comeback on those gals! Great job!.
You're doing a fantastic job for first time with hps. keep up the good work.

Grow on gals ;)
cheers,
red.

WooT Miracle Grow Power!

Maybe i should i start a Miracle Grow Users of ICMag Group?!

That Mangolian Indica sounds sweet. I am glad to hear you are going to go with Blueberry. You will be growing it before me so i look forward to following the grow here.

I am using the Miracle Grow Organic Choice products: Garden Soil, blood meal, bone meal, mixed with pro-mix for containers, perlite, and lime. It has been used on the forum in a grow and requires only tap water from start to finish, so i am really looking forward to see how it does with my first time up.

I just saw one persons mix and it had like 10 ingredients o_O and may have even required connecting AC current directly to the plants...Far too complex.

Have fun!

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WooT Miracle Grow Power!

Maybe i should i start a Miracle Grow Users of ICMag Group?!

That Mangolian Indica sounds sweet. I am glad to hear you are going to go with Blueberry. You will be growing it before me so i look forward to following the grow here.

I am using the Miracle Grow Organic Choice products: Garden Soil, blood meal, bone meal, mixed with pro-mix for containers, perlite, and lime. It has been used on the forum in a grow and requires only tap water from start to finish, so i am really looking forward to see how it does with my first time up.

I just saw one persons mix and it had like 10 ingredients o_O and may have even required connecting AC current directly to the plants...Far too complex.

Have fun!

Your mix is almost exact like my outdoor mix. You're in for a real treat!!!

Thanks, Red! :thank you:

I should`ve had the air conditioner in sooner, but what`s done is done.

I went into this expecting nothing more but to re-learn and get some experience with an hps. Had issues in veg, getting into the swing of things again and having no idea what to expect with this kind of light, I wasnt quite prepared but made do with what I could. Learned a hell of a lot, and remembered a lot I had forgotten!

I am really looking forward to my next go at it...I`ll keep you updated on my final selections and plans for the Blueberry, Stoner Chic ;) The mix you are using sounds very similar to what one of my old "mentors" from OG used. He loved it. ;) I`m going in that direction I think...

MAD DAWG

Nice looking grow you have going. Sounds like your getting things under control. It can be difficult on your first grow to know and diagnose problems. I am on my first grow and it is very difficult at times for myself to determine what the problem is and how to correct it. Especially if you don't know what you did to cause it.

I'm ready to get this grow over too so I can get started on my next grow. Not sure what I am doing next. I still have 4 White Widow seeds left, and, one each of a Blue Widow and an Afghan Kush Ryder which is an auto flower. I got my seeds from Attitude seed bank & Nirvana. Like you, I get to looking and man I can't make up my mind. I want to try Northern Lights, AK-48, and Headband for sure.

Anyway I really just wanted to tell you that you seem to be doing a fine job. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Thanks a lot, Mad Dawg! I have subscribed to your grow thread...I`ll be watching your grow! Lots of luck to you!!

I guess I have all the experience in the world vegging a plant, just the flowering part I never did on my own (a big part of it lol) Cloning, sexing, pruning, training, I got a good handle on that. Back in my OG days, I had 2 of my fluoro grows cut short a couple weeks in 12/12...due to unforseen reasons/poor planning. I vegged two more crops after that for a grower friend who took them to his flowering set up after I vegged, and I would do his cloning.

I grew up with my parents running a pretty impressive grow...but that was my teenage years I didnt pay much attention to the process...but I probably was the only 14 year old who knew what rockwool was. :D
But considering I never flowered or harvested til the end on my own and never used an hps, I feel like a total newbie!!!

Year ago I made my own "rainbow" style set-up with a shit load of 4 ft shoplights, had over 600 watts of tubes! I was the fluoro queen :D I still love the results from vegging under fluoros.

I just cant wait to get going on the next one. I need to get my husband motivated to make my veg/clone box real soon, I am thinking about a 2 level cabinet style (I`ll use fluoros in veg cab) I will most likely stick to this 400 watt for a while for flowering, I want to see how good I can get with it before upping the wattage.

Off to visit the girls now...enjoy the day everyone!

The girls are looking great today. Temps got almost too cool at 70 so I got the a/c set to keep the tent around 75. They are responding well to the extra hour of darkness too, since I went to 11/13 a few days ago.

Not much else to report. Letting them get a little dry before next boost of MorBloom ,but I have been spraying all the fan leaves with fresh water a few times a day. I think they just like the attention, like most females. :)

Girls are looking good, probably take pics tomorrow...I`m a little stressed right now!

There may be a little change to my future plans, for a couple reasons.
I may be moving in September, which will be fantastic because its a 4 bedroom and one of them is perfect for a grow room. I am thinking of waiting til then to start grow #2 not only because of the move, but I dont want a partner either.

He actually came here and brought 2 of his "buddies" to see the grow, I am beyond infuriated. :mad:

I really need to do this on my own, definetly for security reasons, but I also don`t need some kid telling me to give my plants birth control pills and who`s expecting 2 pounds from 4 plants under a 400!! :noway: And telling everyone in the world about them. I am greatful for the kid getting me back in the game but in no way will this work. He wants to get rich, I just want to have my own top notch smoke and enjoy the hobby, which I do enjoy very much and want to continue for many more grows.

We are just not on the same page at all! He broke rule #1 no matter how many times I stressed it, not just talking about the grow but SHOWING it!!! Done.

So I will finish up these ladies and give him his half, as far as he knows I am just not willing to take the risk and he will never know what I do when I move. ;)

So thats about it, I only have a couple more weeks with these girls. I have the summer months to plan and construct and order beans...and I can grow peacefully knowing me and my husband and you guys here are all that will ever see my bitches! :smoker:

*Hey Stoner Chic, 15 more posts to go lol :) I`m getting there! :jump:

Girls are looking good, probably take pics tomorrow...I`m a little stressed right now!

There may be a little change to my future plans, for a couple reasons.
I may be moving in September, which will be fantastic because its a 4 bedroom and one of them is perfect for a grow room. I am thinking of waiting til then to start grow #2 not only because of the move, but I dont want a partner either.

He actually came here and brought 2 of his "buddies" to see the grow, I am beyond infuriated. :mad:

I really need to do this on my own, definetly for security reasons, but I also don`t need some kid telling me to give my plants birth control pills and who`s expecting 2 pounds from 4 plants under a 400!! :noway: And telling everyone in the world about them. I am greatful for the kid getting me back in the game but in no way will this work. He wants to get rich, I just want to have my own top notch smoke and enjoy the hobby, which I do enjoy very much and want to continue for many more grows.

We are just not on the same page at all! He broke rule #1 no matter how many times I stressed it, not just talking about the grow but SHOWING it!!! Done.

So I will finish up these ladies and give him his half, as far as he knows I am just not willing to take the risk and he will never know what I do when I move. ;)

So thats about it, I only have a couple more weeks with these girls. I have the summer months to plan and construct and order beans...and I can grow peacefully knowing me and my husband and you guys here are all that will ever see my bitches! :smoker:

*Hey Stoner Chic, 15 more posts to go lol :) I`m getting there! :jump:

Oh wow, he BROUGHT PEOPLE, omg that is so crazy... Some people are just clueless!

Moving to a 4 bedroom is going to be so sweet. Your own full bedroom! Time to go 1000 watts! or maybe 2000!

What kind of plans are you brewing up for the new bedroom? Have you checked out any of the vertical growing threads? I think you may like that style. Check this out! 32 Plants 4k Stadium!

Tell me what you think about that!

Hey Girl! I have no idea what I`m going to do yet. My mind is filled with ideas though! I will check out that thread, thanks a lot!

yeah, crazy I know...but I expected it and kinda knew I needed a way to continue on my own. I`m just glad the grow is almost done and I didnt have to cut another grow early!

I have no idea what vertical growing even means! LOL I have some reading to do...lots actually! I`ll check in later!

Well, I dont know anymore.... all my girls are showing signs of trouble, drying and dying leaves everywhere! I have started flushing and hope to give them another week or two before the chop. I did chop my little 4 banger down, she is drying in the closet. I want to get everything down soon just because of recent events and I TRUST NO ONE lol ;) If I give it 2 more weeks they will have 8 weeks of flowering...it is what it is I guess. Getting ready to go trim some dead shit off and maybe snap some pics.

Okay maybe they`re not as bad as I thought. My chunk girl is pretty much naked but she is still bursting out the buds. The other two are yellowing a bit but they are bursting too...so I`ll just keep giving water and see how it goes for the next week.

Drying out the 4 cola, she was the smallest of the bunch I would say about an ounce once dried (edit: maybe little over a half oz), about what I expected. She wasnt bursting like the others she kinda just stalled.

First pic is naked Chunk :) The other two pics are of 2 cola girl....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

barth

My blue mystic lady is really starting to look bad also. She is 52 days into flower. According to my records it goes 65 days but doesnt look like it will need to this time around. Ill be posting some pictures of it tomorrow as an update to my diary. You should check it out tomorrow and compare.

Hi Barth, I subscribed to your journal so I`m looking forward to updates!

Mine are bagseed so I dont know what I`m playing with here, I am going to try to get a magnifier glass soon so I can see what the thrich`s are up to. I really want to harvest at the right time.

It will be interesting comparing the one I`m already drying to the ones that go longer, I`d like to see how the smoke differs ;)

I`ll be watching :) thanks for stopping in! your girls are looking sweet btw ;)

The root of the problem?

The root of the problem?

I have a question...maybe someone out there can help me figure this out.
I`m not sure if it`s really an issue but something tells me its not good.

Anyway, after chopping the one plant down, the one I FIM`d, I found the root ball was small, like smaller than a baseball. I had her in a 5 gal but she barely needed a 1 gal, much less a 3 or 5.

Maybe from my soil (ahh yes the Miracle Grow)?? Or possibly from FIM`ing? I did cut that one since she was not producing anything more than her 4 tops and they were not even getting bigger.

I am just curious, what could have caused my roots to just stop and never really had much to begin with! I am also intersted in seeing how the other 3 girls compare when they get chopped. If the root mass is better it cant be the soil I would imagine?? Hmm...stay tuned for results!

MAD DAWG

Hi smokinbuds. Nice looking plants. Looks like your a good parent :)

I got my microscope at radio shack. It works fine for checking the trich's. Only sometimes I end up getting a little too close and smash into a bud. You can get those jewelers magnifying glasses on Amazon.com or e-bay. You probably already knew that. Oh well just in case...

Hope you have a good week. Peace.

Hi M.D. :) Thanks for the compliments!

And, I had no idea where to get a scope. I didnt want sound totally dumb and ask, LOL So thanks for the info! I`ll be hitting the Shack hopefully tomorrow.

I was able to aquire some seeds, told they are Ice but not 100% on that...anyway, the thought of not growing anything for a while is kinda depressing, I dont have much I can enjoy in life. So, I think I`m going to get them going. ;) Will start a new journal I think when this is done.

Thanks for stopping by Mad Dawg, have a great week! :thank you:

barth

I have a question...maybe someone out there can help me figure this out.
I`m not sure if it`s really an issue but something tells me its not good.

Anyway, after chopping the one plant down, the one I FIM`d, I found the root ball was small, like smaller than a baseball. I had her in a 5 gal but she barely needed a 1 gal, much less a 3 or 5.

Maybe from my soil (ahh yes the Miracle Grow)?? Or possibly from FIM`ing? I did cut that one since she was not producing anything more than her 4 tops and they were not even getting bigger.

I am just curious, what could have caused my roots to just stop and never really had much to begin with! I am also intersted in seeing how the other 3 girls compare when they get chopped. If the root mass is better it cant be the soil I would imagine?? Hmm...stay tuned for results!

The only reason i can think of for a small root ball is over watering. I have been told that the roots dont need to "stretch" in search of water. other then that i cant think of anything else.

barth

I was wondering if you went from a beer cup to a 5 gallon pot?

My normal routine is, I clone directly in a 16oz beer cup then veg for a week or more after roots show, then to 1 gallon pot veg another week or two, then to a 4 gallon bucket. Once in the 4 gallon bucket i veg for a week. This seems to create a pretty extensive root ball. I have to water every 4 days if i wait any longer the plants will seriously wilt.

I do perpetual screens so i normaly have 35 days give or take between harvests to fill two screens.

Latest posts

Latest posts