What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

Mr.Bill

Needing to be watered BAD!
picture.php

5 minutes after watering
picture.php

10 minutes after watering
picture.php

15 minutes after watering
picture.php

Got to love just how resilient the marijuana plant is don't you. Guess that's why they call it "Weed"

~SB~

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Thanks for the time lapse. Interesting indeed how quickly they change state.

P

Peat

That first pic makes ME feel thirsty! LOL

Very cool, Mr. B!

I don't believe I've ever seen a beer can recycled in such a way! :yes:

Great advertisment, too!
Cause, now I'm thirsty for a beer! :yummy:

Mr.Bill

K.J.- I know crazy right. Thanks for stopping by.

Peat- Thanks peat, now that I think about it I could use a beer myself. Although maybe not a Coors light. Don't be a stranger.

-------------------------------------

So I did a water change today on the bubble bucket and took the opportunity to snag more pictures. I gotta live up to the thread title right. ;) Anyway, now that the root mass has become more substantial in the last week I have bumped the ppm back up from 200 to 250. I'll keep an eye out for the return of leaf crinkling. Here's to hoping I don't have to make a premature water change.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
lookin great in here bro, u seem to have the thumbs for Hydro as well as dirt!!! Who woulda thunk it??!! Ill be lurkin bro, get at me!!!

peace
- Z

Mr.Bill

Hey Sleepy glad to have you stop by. Thanks for the positivity. I see your running cores Pollen Chuck. I can't wait until I get to mine. I'm thinking that I am going to put mine priority #1 on my to pop list. I would already be running them but I want to make sure my new box is stable and on point to do em justice. I been itching to get the genes forever now and finally got em and don't want to waste em. Any way thanks again for stopping by. When I have an extra few minutes I'll be stoppin through your spot but for now I have to run.
----------------------------------------------
I upped my bulbs to 4 x 42w cfls at 4000k and 4x23w cfls at 6000k(I think its 6000k I'll have to check). So the veg should really start taking off at this point.

Mr.Bill

Just started a new light regiment for the veggers. 18-6 to force sexing faster. Also how dumb ass do I feel. The one I thought was a female and took a clone... Actually a dude. Yanked the clone. The one I thought was a dude... Actually a girl, so I topped it and took a clone just like the one before. I couldn't believe how backwards I was. So now that that is sorted out. I've been looking at the bubble bucket and I think I'm going to top it. It's probably going to stunt the growth for a few days but in the long run I think it will fill up the screen faster and fuller with three heads rather than one. I'll post a pic to help get opinions before I actually do it. That is all.
picture.php

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well we gonna be waitin for the update yo,lol thats crazy yo,thats whyn i always take clones from them all and then just get rid of them as they sex,lol i dont have the confidence to be tryin to guess them too soon....yet :D
peace-T-

Mr.Bill

Apparently I'm a little out of practice. Good thing I saved the one I thought was a dude. As far as anticipating a post, your looking for Tuesdays post. That should be the big one. For today though T we have...
Audience Participation Post​
Where hopefully I get some participation from the peanut gallery.
First up we have Name that deficiency
Now I have been neglecting my beer can beans and they have been there for a good while now and well they used up the juice in the dirt. I have fed them and that should get them through sexing, so I can get my clone mommy off of the females and scrap the beer can babies. So the problems are not a concern.. f.y.i. And yes I do know the deficiencies present in the pics, another f.y.i. ;)

The Name that deficiency section is a 4 part section... A,B,C and D.

A)
picture.php

B)
picture.php

C)
picture.php

D)
picture.php

I would also like opinions on where to top the bubble bucket if I so choose to top it and in all honesty I will most likely top it to help fill the screen faster. Anyway I have two nodes selected to where I will most likely top the plant. I like choice A. Also the screen will be about 8 in. above the top of the bucket if that influences your opinion. Opinions are encouraged. Thanks
picture.php

Well that's it for now, I look forward to the responses. Have a great weekend and see you Monday or Tuesday. ~SB~

Mr.Bill

Wow. Not one response, oh well. Doesn't really much matter as it's of no concern anymore. So ok here's what's happened in the last week, first though I should mention that these pics are from the weekend, and Monday for the bubble bucket plant. I don't have all the pics ready for the cabinet post. But the plant pics are backing up and I need to get some of them out here so it doesn't become overwhelming and past tense for that matter.

First. The seed plant that I thought was a dude, then thought was a girl was in actuality a herm. So I'm not surprised about my confusion on the matter.

Two of the seeds turned female over this last weekend. And one will just not decide. Leaving the count 2 females, 1 male, 1 hermie and one undecided.

Here's fan leaves of the two plants that turned female. One of them is very strong in the odor department. You can't tell in the fan leaf pics as they both look very indica.
picture.php

picture.php

Now there's no mistaking the gender as you can tell
picture.php

Here's where I was bored and 90degreed the seed plant while the clone takes.
picture.php

picture.php

Now this looks pretty janky but I put some hormones on it to make it all better and it's already started to knot up. I'll get them pics up tomorrow or the day after.
picture.php

I topped the bubble bucket plant on Mon. and it's recovery is phenomenal, it didn't even blink. And it responded just like I had hoped it would have. It now has 4 tops to stretch under the net. If I ever get it under there that is... ;)

Before
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Her roots.(Now I'm wondering --Hydro Guys-- now the brown on the roots rinses off or rubs off. It's just stain from the nutes. Should I rinse it off from time to time. Or should I just let it be? Though I'm not anticipating many answers as my last post didn't get any.)
I am upgrading from a 3 to a 5 gallon bucket this next water change(Monday)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And of course a picture of the Grapefruit Diesel mom (same as the bubble bucket)
picture.php

More updates very soon!!!

Mr.Bill

Well it seems that the interest level in here is going to minimal until the box is chalk full of budding plants with people asking how much you gonna pull off that and I'm oh at least 10-12 oz, but once dialed in and the right strain found I'm shooting for a pound... I figure I'll just leave the plant pics out for a while and drag out the building of the box posts until I have a nice big fat plant filling up my 2ft. x 4 ft box. Nahhh just kidding... Or am I? Whatever got some stuff. Check it.

A must have
picture.php

And did I make a find for myself. Since I wont be needing a 50 plug cloner or anything of the sort, I was racking my brain as what to use for my one to two clones I'll take every few months, and something to start my 5 seeds at random intervals. Well I stumbled upon this. So awesomely perfect for my needs. Plus 1 for the home team. And they even color coded so my stoner ass doesn't forget who's who...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mr.Bill

The Build pt.1

The Build pt.1

The tools(again)Well some of them.
picture.php

Drilled out the 4 passive 2" intakes
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

calked up the useless holes
picture.php

The outside of the box
picture.php

The 4" gap under the box. This is where the grate will go to let air under the box for the passive intakes.
picture.php

The materials for the front framing to make it light and air proof on the doors
picture.php

Like so
picture.php

Almost all framed up
picture.php

The base of the 2x6 in the box
picture.php

The back of the 2x6(I'm building this thing to last)
picture.php

Sawed out my exit 4" hole. Attached outside falange but not inside one until painted. I adjusted it from where I was going to originally put it, more off to the side.
picture.php

picture.php

More stuff for the box. Eye hooks for the light fixture, and self tapping(or drilling screws) to secure the back panel of the box.

4 Heavy duty 2" corner braces for added stability to the box. I think I have 10 additional braces added in total to the box for stability, not to mention the 4 the box already had. Like I said I'm building it to laaaaassst.
picture.php

The front vent for the front of the box for the passive intakes and a power box for the inside of the box. Everything will be powered from inside the box with the exception of the ballast Which will be mounted to the top of the box next to the filter(sort of).
picture.php

Calked up the corners before adding the braces.
picture.php

Added the braces, these are for the back of the box.
picture.php

Then calked up everything except for the back until the back is fastened securely into place.
picture.php

picture.php

Next time. More calking, screwing, electrical, painting and...

P

Peat

Hard working mofo! :respect:

I don't know how I missed your updates. :redface: But you're rollin!

I'll guess that to be a N def.
But, I kinda doubt it's that simple...
I'd like to know, fo sho!

I dunno about buckets.
But, your roots look fine from here.
Just a little harmless color?
Hows the smell?
picture.php

Really nice craftmanship on the new cabinet!
:lurk:n for the electrical...

Mr.Bill

What up Peat thanks for letting me know I'm not talking to myself here. I'll get you the answers to the fuckedupedness of them leaves here in a couple days. The smell in the bucket is non existent, well actually it smells slightly of molasses I guess.

-----------------------------------------
Well where were we. Ahh yes. First though, I need a beer.
picture.php

Ok first up I made my slot for my reflector connection into the box as I am mounting the ballast on top of the cabinet on a steel plate. So in that goes, just glued it in place with some gorilla glue then caulked it on the inside.
picture.php

Now to the electrical in the cabinet. Now the electric being used from in the box will be the fans and air pump, so nothing majorly heavy duty. So I got my power box(the blue thing), I am using a 15amp plug and a 13amp power cord. NO worries I won't be using anywhere near 9.1 amps, more like 2...3 tops, I'll check later on the exact # that will be drawn from this plug.

The cable being used
picture.php

Drill out the hole for the power in.
picture.php

Thread it
picture.php

Ran it up the corner using the wet caulking to hold it in place. Sorry about the quality of a few of these pics as I was in a hurry. Shit on my hands and had to use the auto settings on the camera, which is basicly retarded.
picture.php

Ran it into the power box which is right next to the reflector cable.
picture.php

I then caulked the power line into the corner.
picture.php

Closer
picture.php

Now were ready for to wire this up.
picture.php

First we get our lines organized and ready for connection. Black is the hotline, white the neutral, and the green is ground. 2,2,1.
picture.php

First the hotline.
picture.php

Then the neutral.
picture.php

Finally the ground.
picture.php

Tuck it into the box.
picture.php

Add a faceplate. After I am comfortable with the way it is set up I will be adding an enclosure around it, most likely after the first run goes through the cabinet.
picture.php

Well the only thing left to do is see if it works, and the moment of truth... Will it work?
picture.php

Oh my god I didn't burn the house down.. Nah I never doubted it... But what you don't see in the picture is that the fire extinguisher is just out of frame. You know...
Just In Case.. ;)
picture.php

And I'll leave you for now with that. Hope you liked. Next time the new bubble bucket construction and more work on the cabinet followed by painting. But first....

RRROOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTSSSSSS!!
picture.php

The bubblebucket has been moved into the 5.25 gallon bucket that I made 4 days ago just yesterday and pics will be posted next post.
O.k. bye​

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
wow dude, u are one busy mofo over there!!!! Like the beer choice as well...love their beers!!!! Call me dude, we gotta catch up!!! Peace

- Z

Work2much

Dude, come to my house and build my cab lol. Good job, looks a lot like mine only I'm crazy for coco puffs right now hand watered ED.

I've got Core's PC revised burning a hole in my seed box, sour diesel x bogglegum sounds like fun to me.

Mr.Bill

Zeus - Yah man it was a good amount of work. Took me 3 days to build it, mostly because of needing to let caulking dry and such. It took me another three days to paint. The cabs done now, its been done for a couple weeks at least. I'm just dragging out the posts to let my girl get big and ready to flower. I'll show her in the post. Ya man I like the rogue beers, the chocolate stout is one of my favorites for sure.

Work2much - Ha, no I think doing my own was enough for me. Funny thing is I already am planning on improvements once this grow is done. I got Cores PC myself. I can't wait to run it once I get the cab dialed in. Sour Diesel x Bogglegum does sound delicious, wish I had me some of that. Bog did tell me that he was going to send me some bogglegum, but he never did. Oh well, I think he was drunk that night.

Pete - Sorry man I spaced on grabbing my note pad with them answers. I will.

--------------------------------------------

Today we are going to go over me making my 5.25 gallon bubblebucket for when the plant is ready for the screen and flowering. That's when the next plant goes into the 3 gallon bubblebucket for beginning veg where it will be topped repeatedly in preparation for going under the screen.

Also we will go over a little more of the construction.

So removing a 4ft x 2ft plant from the cab will be impossible, I needed a way to remove the water from the bucket, so I added a spigot(I think that's the word I'm looking for. Lets watch.

Drilled the hole(Whats really jacked up is the bits I had were a smidge too small and a smidge too big for the hole size I needed, I went for too small, so the hole got kind of janky, but not too bad)
picture.php

Grabbed the tape for the threading.
picture.php

Screwed in the tap(yah I know its not the top of the line but it is what I had lying around)
picture.php

I then grabbed the aquarium sealant
picture.php

Then applied inside as well as outside.
picture.php

picture.php

I then took two sections of hard plastic tubing for aquariums(the kind you use to take the air tubing from the top of the tank to your layer of substrate so you don't have a squiggly tube running through your nice tank)Anyways, I attached it to the inside with a short piece piece of tubing to keep the airstones in the center of the bucket. I also added a short piece of tubing running out of the bucket(not pictured) through a hole I drilled and attached a duel male piece to just plug the air line in from the pump without having to get inside the bucket.
picture.php

I didn't attach the lines out of the bucket until after the sealant dried
picture.php

So that was the making of the bucket. That being said, the way it spout is connected it will leave 3/8's an inch of water in the bottom that won't drain out, I just have my fingers crossed that it won't screw with my pH too much. But considering that already my plant drinks a gallon of water every three days, that with the amount it drinks and the water exchanges I should be good.

Now some more construction stuff to check. Today we add the grate to the front of the cab.

First have to remove the front "bumper" if you will.
picture.php

Then taped up the front so when cutting it wouldn't chunk the front panel up too much.
picture.php

Measured out the cut. Drilled corner holes.
picture.php

Then it's cuttin time.
picture.php

After the cutting put the grate into place and of course, caulked it up.
picture.php

And once dry it's time to see if it fits.
picture.php

And there she is upright, just waiting to be painted. And also in this picture you can see a test strip of weather strip to see if that's what I wanted on that particular section of cabinet. More on that later... After the painting is done...
picture.php

Measured out where to put the eye hooks for the hood and test hung the fixture. The first, but surely not the last time she'll be in there. Woo hoo starting to look like a cab.
picture.php

No it won't be hanging by a couple carabeaners when it's running. I promise.
picture.php

picture.php

Packed up for the evening and ready for the next day.
picture.php

And a shot of my ECSD x Grapefruit girl about three days ago? Maybe four. The bigger fan leaves are huge, about 10-11 inches long and about 3 inches wide. I'll take some shots with a tape measure. But she's healthy and happy, and at I think 14 tops tucked in there somewhere, so she should spread across the screen pretty well, maybe one more topping before I put the net on and throw her in the cab.
picture.php

Next time. Painting! and some other stuff.
See ya then.​

Hella THC

Hey Bill! You're not talking to yourself, buddy! I got a chair pulled up. But I will admit I just came across this today. You have no idea how helpful the pics are to see what you are up to with this set up.

Props!

- Hella

Latest posts

Latest posts