What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ʍoɹƃ uʍouʞun

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
ROW #3

Katatonic

DSC08060.jpg

DSC08061.jpg

NYCD #4

DSC08065.jpg

DSC08066.jpg

Look at the nodal stretch barely any inner bud sights, hopefully that means just a lot of main colas. I'm excited to see...

DSC08068.jpg

DSC08071.jpg

DSC08072.jpg

I'm pulling this back aswell, the little walk way became over grown already and NYCD #2 was touching NYCD #4. Normally this area gets over grown, but not until the end of the season, I hope this is a good sign of things to come!

DSC08074.jpg

NYCD #5

DSC08075.jpg

side branching catching up...

DSC08076.jpg

DSC08077.jpg

Also pulled to the side for maximum light penetration and opens up the walking area in the patch.

DSC08079.jpg

That's all for now, I'm going to try to up date sooner than later, so chek back soon. Until then....:abduct:

ʇǝɥdoɹP uʍouʞuU

Elemental

ORGANIC its my WAY/KUSH AFICIONADO/FULL MELT gran'
Veteran
Looking OBSSOM there!

sorry for the leafs problems,your product seem EXCELLENT,cant wait to know if work well!

good TRAINING'joB!

EAGER for the UPDATE!

keep it going MR.JUNGLE

Sleepy

Veteran
...ǝɔıu ʎɹǝʌ

...spuɐɥ ɹnoʎ uo ɹǝʇsuoɯ ǝɯos ǝʌɐɥ oʇ buıob ǝɹɐ noʎ 'ʍoʍ

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Ele: thanks for always having the kindest words I'll be updated tomorrow hopefully hope all's well with you and yours my friend

Sleepy: you've unlocked the secret! glad to meet you and glad your checkng in..

A little written update:

I have been using strictly ORGANIC products. And will do so for as long as I grow. I have never had problems with burning and only once have had a spider mite problem. Well this time around everything was going next to perfect and then it happened....

the leaf tips are burned and even some of the serrated parts of of the leafs seem to be doing the same. Overall the plant is healthy, and better than most plants I see, but I'm still upset my ic debut is anything but perfect. The good thing is I took cuts before any of the minor damage occurred so hopefully the next gen will be even better without any complications.

Now the reason behind the burn is really baffling me. I've used only organics and never at the whole recommended volume. The last day of grow nutrients was June 28 then I decided to give one more shot of grow a week later July 5th, but with Peruvian Seabird Guano with a higher N&P. I decided that most would be going into flower in early August and they could use the one last boost of N. I only used 1/2 the recommended dosage and they didn't fully dissolve(they're in pellet form) so they really only got 1/4 or so the dosage. Two days after they seemed fine.

July 7th even though there was no bug or mold problems I decided to do a preventative
spray. I used an ORGANIC "Safer 3 in 1". I have heard good things from it and it's OMRI listed so I thought it couldn't hurt. I used the whole bottle for the 8 not in flower and throughly saturated them, which it said to do on the bottle. I actually thought I could have done more, because when I foilar feed I use 34oz for only 4 and the bottle only had 32oz. Anyways I'm at a loss because I believe it was the safer 3 in 1 that burned them because it happened at the top of the plant and the tips, not the new growth which then I would say it was the Peruvian Seabird Guano. I'm literally sick to my stomach when I see them and I did apologize to them and kiss them and hug them to let hem know it will be ok.

Anyways I'll post pics like I said hopefully tomorrow...

It happens to the best of us...your grow is still inspiring to say the least :D

this is why I dont like trying new things im afraid this will happen...

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Sorry this has taken a while to update, there has been a number of minor complications. All is well though, I almost though it was a wrap, but don't want to even go into it. Not to mention my computer decided to take a crap and I was forced to erase everything and start over. I lost thousands of pictures, which hurts deep down, but life goes on.

Anyways just trying to be stress free and hopefully my ladies will follow. The burned tips are still bugging me, but the new growth is fine and I know the flowers will still be succulent and plentiful.

I'll try to upload the pics sooner than later, hope you all are loving life!

Until then....Proph.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Ok so it's been quite a while since I updated this. I was contemplating never finishing it but I know there are a lot of people interested in NYCD and I know info and pics help a lot. The last update was about 3 weeks ago so they have grown quite a bit to say the least. And one of my concerns at the time was the yield. Now they are becoming almost too big for the area and my main concern is WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FLOWER? If they start August 1st by October 31st (usually rain by then where I'm at) that's only 92 days. I know that's quite a bit but I've seen plenty of soma strains including NYCD going 100+ days.

I'm @ 37°N 122°W, the San Francisco Bay Area, any input or advice on my situation? I would love for the man himself to chime in, but I'm patiently awaiting your words of wisdom Soma.

Anyways one of the things that had me discouraged to continue this thread was the burn that happened from the product "SAFER 3-in-1" it's an 'organic' insecticide that basically covers all the bases. Well as far as my experience I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. :noway: To me it seemed very harsh on new growth especially any build up on the leaf tips. So you've been warned, stick to the neem! The bottle, I believe, was 32oz and at the time the foliar feed I gave them was 34oz and with the size of the plants the 34oz could barely cover them completely, so it's very strong. They have grown and all new growth is fine, but the damage is done. Now I'm going into this a lot :beat-dead but when I show the pictures you'll see it's not that big of a deal. I'm just very strict with my grow regiment and this is the first time in about 5 years that I've burned a plant. Anyways stayed tuned because pics should be coming tomorrow. Actually I have a few pics somewhere around here on mixed memory cards let me try to upload those first then you'll get new ones tomorrow, well hopefully.

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
July 15th

Ok so bare with me because these may be a little jumbled up because they were taken with two different cameras but I'll get it a little more organized next update.

Without further ado....

This was a Gob9 Plant that I was given by the fantastic people at Good Karma in Clearlake. They were for making up for the three leaved Katatonics that seem to have been a little bit of a mixed up and possibly not Katatonic after all. I still think they are, hopefully, I just think the mom was stress and produced a 3 finger clone that had a quick harden off keeping it stressed. Not sure though.

The genetic make up of this Gob9 is a mystery. I was told it was an oldtimer from humboldt's backyard strain that he had been growing for about twenty years ago and it was crossed over the years so they lineage is a mystery. I was told to expect a multitude of colors a "rainbow" actually. Thus far she seems gorgeous. Smelled like a heavy deep dank on the ride back and that's after a heavy heavy drenching of neem. When I received her she was already flowering just barely. Sidenote something I noticed was her thick pistils, thicker than anything I grow. I've very excited about this new addition.

Gob9

It was a little twirled at the top and it seemed stressed and or burned so this is the before pictures.
DSC08139.jpg

DSC08138.jpg

After a little bit of clean up and bending....
DSC08140.jpg

DSC08141.jpg

I've never made plants grow the way I want them, meaning, I always let them grow naturally, but this year I'm super cropping quite a bit. I really enjoy the technique and find many positives that come from it opposed to topping. Anyways...
DSC08142.jpg

Off to the side of the plot as I double and triple check for mites....
DSC08620.jpg

Since these pictures were taken she has since top by nature blowing back and forth, but seems to be spreading and getting light to many top sites so I'm happy.

ROW #1

Red Dragon

DSC08092.jpg

Filler Up
DSC08093.jpg

DSC08550.jpg

DSC08556.jpg

DSC08405.jpg

This plant has tons of different colors, she's gorgeous.
DSC08555.jpg

DSC08404.jpg

Grape Ape

DSC08095.jpg

Most definitely "grapey" stinks so good...
DSC08096.jpg

DSC08566.jpg

DSC08097.jpg

DSC08581.jpg

DSC08583.jpg

This girl is frosting up ever so nicely....
DSC08579.jpg

Katatonic

DSC08099.jpg

DSC08584.jpg

"It has begun"
DSC08585.jpg

DSC08586.jpg

DSC08100.jpg

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
ROW #2

NYCD #1

DSC08103.jpg

DSC08607.jpg

DSC08587.jpg

Supercropped per advice of Soma
DSC08606.jpg

DSC08102.jpg

he burn:wallbash:
DSC08595.jpg

DSC08103.jpg

Blue Dream

DSC08106.jpg

DSC08108.jpg

DSC08105.jpg

DSC08107.jpg

DSC08605.jpg

Also Supercropped this lovely lady aswell.
DSC08604.jpg

DSC08601.jpg

:wallbash:Tip burnage:mad:
DSC08598.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
*Still row #2

NYCD #2

This plant is absolutely beasting!!! I remember taking these pictures a couple weeks ago and having trouble getting the whole plant in frame. I'm thinking this will be the biggest yielder size alone although a little shorter it's bud sites are ridiculous, and that's with no supercroping. I was thinking of supercroping it but if it literally spread anymore it would over take the path way that I need in order to water them. Soma says outdoors the diesel can yield up to 6 lbs. Now I don't think I'll get near that, but I think I may hit the 1 lb. mark, which would be a welcomed first. I was hoping for a half each plant but we'll just have to wait and see.

DSC08109.jpg

DSC08110.jpg

DSC08111.jpg

See new growth is next to perfect :woohoo:
DSC08112.jpg

DSC08115.jpg

Looking up in the forrest of #2
DSC08114.jpg

GRRRRR!!!:wallbash:
DSC08613.jpg

:mad:
She's trying to hold hands with her sister #4, but at the same time scaring me from fear of being able to get around comfortably.
DSC08129.jpg

NYCD #3

This one seemed the most Sativa by it's leaf structure, but since veg all have basically evened out, seeming much more uniform than when in seedling stage.

DSC08117.jpg

DSC08121.jpg

Also supercropped
DSC08120.jpg

DSC08118.jpg

DSC08122.jpg

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
ROW #3

Katatonic

DSC08130.jpg

DSC08132.jpg

DSC08611.jpg

Lovin the sun...
DSC08133.jpg

DSC08135.jpg

DSC08612.jpg

NYCD #4

DSC08126.jpg

DSC08127.jpg

DSC08615.jpg

DSC08614.jpg

This hurt bad I wanted my babies to have a perfect life.:wallbash:
DSC08613.jpg

NYCD #5

DSC08617.jpg

By now you should know the deal....it's all about that supercropping!
DSC08619.jpg

All those pics and I only took 2 of #5? It was because it began getting dark and I didn't want any noticeable flashing. No unneeded attention wanted.

Anywho hope you enjoy....

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Written Update: Pictures from the first week of August

Anyways....back to the show....so let's see what's new?

First and fore most>>>the Diesel's have just recently begun to flower. I went to Hot August Nights in Reno and when I came back (aug. 7th) they were just beginning. That means October 16th will be day 1 of week 10 and october 30th will be day 1 of week 12. I'm hoping I find an amazing ,yet, early pheno. Also the seem is becoming apparent, very VERY very apparent. The way I can best describe it is, begin able to taste the aroma especially when in the garden. The closest house is a good 100+ yards away and the drive way is about 200 yards, when you pull into the driveway you can smell a mixture of cannabliss slightly but steadily wafting through the air. So they're some stinkers.

Red dragon looks to need about another month or more, but she's packing on the trichs. She has a lemonish smell with glands completely coating the buds, and a lot of the fan leaves already have glands to the tips of the leaves! Definitely a keeper, but worried about the length of this obvious sativa dominate strain. I also tied down some of the bottom branches that have bud formations, that if filled in will be about 3-4 feet! I included a lot of pics of her in this update she's just impressing me more and more. And the colors...well you'll see.

Grape Ape is officially starting to be flushed today. She's starting to purple up and reaks something fierce. She does seem to be rapidly yellowing but if left alone the yellow turns to purple. I haven't check the gland heads yet, but I'm guessing the majority are cloudy at this point she's about 8 weeks in pushing nine. I planned on flushing for longer than 2 weeks (normally I flush for 3 or more) but the time kinda crept up on me. Anyways I've tasted her before and she's primo, never had quality outdoor though so I'm excited to she how good me and mother nature can do.

Katatonics are moving along nicely. Already purpling on the tips, but the two little girls were quite small and I'm not expecting much harvest wise. Doesn't really matter though, just another variety and experience. My buddy thinks she might be flo after the discrepancy with where I got them from, but I'm holding out. The GOB 9 that I received for compensation for the miss hap seems to be a undercover keeper. I wish I would have taken a cut but didn't because when I got her she was alreading starting to flower, I know I could have, but with so much going on and so much quality already I didn't think it was worth it. Wow was I wrong! After I transplanted her into a 5 gallon she took off and became gorgeous. The budlets are literally striped with a magenta and the beginning of all the buds are deep purple, with a smell that's undefinable.

As far as the Diesels they are monsters! All are around 6 ft and have only just begun to flower. Can anyone tell me the expected stretch cause if it's 2x that means 12 ft trees come october. They all smell so strong you can taste it in the air and that's with no budding yet. The one problem, which isn't the worst problem, is that they are almost too big. They tower taller than me and they are quickly closing the pathway I made with a cannabis jungle, making it more and more difficult to water. Oh well things could be worse.

Anyways I wonder how many of you even read that stuff? I'm sure most just come for the pics, whatever's clever.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
RED DRAGON

DSC08189.jpg

DSC08730.jpg

DSC08736.jpg

DSC08742.jpg

DSC08740.jpg

DSC08738.jpg

DSC08735.jpg

DSC08734.jpg

DSC08731.jpg

DSC08199.jpg

DSC08780.jpg

DSC08813.jpg

DSC08811.jpg

DSC08807.jpg

DSC08805.jpg

DSC08803.jpg

DSC08821.jpg

DSC08200.jpg

DSC08783.jpg

Ghetto Tied downs
DSC08187.jpg

DSC08166-1.jpg

I may take a while to update, but I make it worth wild with lots of documenting.

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
GOB 9

DSC08897.jpg

DSC08893.jpg

DSC08894.jpg

DSC08203.jpg

DSC08894-1.jpg

DSC08895.jpg

DSC08898.jpg

See the stripes?
DSC08899.jpg

Blue Dream

DSC08192.jpg

DSC08765.jpg

DSC08766.jpg

DSC08170.jpg

DSC08767.jpg

I guess I didn't take too many pictures of either of these for some odd reason, oh well next time there will be more...

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
So this next couple of posts are going to be a mix of all 5 diesels. I had it in order but this is two photoshoots about a week apart and they're all scattered. Anyways I'll probably get back on the "row system" i had going where each plant gets pictured according to its position in the garden, I was just lazy this time around. Anywho....

In no particular order....

DSC08771.jpg

DSC08770.jpg

DSC08858.jpg

DSC08197-1.jpg

DSC08769.jpg

DSC08768.jpg

DSC08854.jpg

DSC08172-1.jpg

DSC08179-1.jpg

DSC08169.jpg

DSC08171.jpg

DSC08173.jpg

DSC08176.jpg

DSC08860.jpg

DSC08853.jpg

DSC08178.jpg

DSC08186.jpg

DSC08863.jpg

Red striping from the onset of flowering.
DSC08205.jpg

DSC08212.jpg

DSC08864.jpg

DSC08865.jpg

4ft+ branches
DSC08866.jpg

DSC08867.jpg

DSC08868.jpg

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Diesels Continued>>>

DSC08871.jpg

DSC08873.jpg

DSC08880.jpg

DSC08882.jpg

DSC08881.jpg

It's getting harder and harder to get good shots with limited space..
DSC08176.jpg

Now the rest of the pics.... Miscellaneous flixures>>>>>>

Row #1
DSC08163.jpg

Row #2
DSC08164.jpg

Row #3
DSC08165.jpg

The quickly closing pathway...
DSC08207-1.jpg

"It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under"
DSC08180.jpg

The whole kit 'n kaboodle
DSC08182.jpg

Row #1 (again)
DSC08183.jpg

Row #2
DSC08184.jpg

Row #3
DSC08185.jpg

There's going to be quite the trim party..
DSC08198.jpg

Closing in on me..
DSC08207.jpg

Twin Towers
DSC08212.jpg

Red Stripe and I'm not talking about the beer.
DSC08885.jpg

This is where I sit and meditate..
DSC08874.jpg

This little guy let me take a lot of pics of him, I'd say this was the best most focused.
DSC08840.jpg

That's all for now folks, hope you're enjoying thus far....

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Just a small picture up date to hold you all over, more detailed soon.....

Red Dragon

DSC09006.jpg

DSC09005.jpg

DSC09009.jpg

DSC09011.jpg

DSC09014.jpg

Grape Ape

DSC09015.jpg

DSC09017.jpg

GOB 9

DSC09018-1.jpg

DSC09019-1.jpg

NYCD #2 (2winTowers)

DSC09007.jpg

NYCD #4

DSC09021-1.jpg

Randumb Stuff inspired by esbe and others who take pictures of the beautiful surroundings.

DSC09018.jpg

DSC09019.jpg

I guess I'm better at growing big trees then little ones. Really though this thing was half dead and covered in bugs when I got it. So it got put out side away from any possibly harm. Oh and a bubbler..

DSC09021.jpg

Also found this interesting...All the left over water/feed was given only to the middle plant can you tell the difference?

DSC09023.jpg

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU