What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

{150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary}

bengie187

:yoinks: Them looking sweet id have to order them online or somtihng cause i went ot the hydro shop which is about 300km from my home and they only carry rockwool and lots of it....any reccomendaitons on a discreet site to order from??

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
HippyJohnny - It's never too late :D Thanks so much for watching and thanks for the comments. Take it easy brotha! :wave:

DiscoBiscuit - Haha :biglaugh: Why not give hydro a shot? :chin: You might end up loving it like i do.

bengie187 - Damn 300km? :eek: Talk about dedication. :yes: Um... From experience, I can tell you www.plantlightinghydroponics.com and www.horticulturesource.com both ship discretely and have rock bottom prices. You may also want to check out www.bghydro.com, www.hidhut.com & www.htgsupply.com; I've ordered from them as well.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-----------------------------------
DAY 23 (Flowering DAY 08/56)
48 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 10.2", Photoperiod On/Off: 12hrs/12hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 85F/81F/79F, Humidity: 47%,
Ph: 5.82, TDS: 669ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

Just a minor update to show how quickly they're growing. These girls are drinking about an entire gallon of solution every 2-4 days. :eek: The loss of solution is definitely not from evaporation because TDS stays consistent even if half the solution is gone, which means these girls are drinking like alcoholics. :friends: A consistent TDS also indicates no nutrient-lockouts.

picture.php

The pH has been perfect for a while now, so no complaints for that department. I've been gradually raising the TDS by adding a little maxibloom every 2 or 3 days since the beginning of flowering; this may explain why the pH has been so stable as of late. :chin:

Right now I'm contemplating whether or not to top them. Although it's completely natural and normal at this phase, I simply hate stretching. :mad: However, topping them now may reduce the stretching rate but may also consequently reduce yield or prolong the flowering period. :confused: I dunno, I might as well just leave them alone; they look great. :smile:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Let em go, you gotts enough head room. Nah man, grow em the way ya want. I'm a leg man myself. Leggy plants seem to allow deeper penetration but that sog is so efficient, it kinda looks like a scrog already. I guess you could get such secondary growth that so many buds don't have the horizontal room to swell.

If I needed to trim but didn't want to sacrifice time/yield, I trim some of the undergrowth. I know this will encourage stretch but roots stretch along with the plant and as already stated you have the height. Anyways, just my two bits.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Pontiac

everything is looking great mate....like we used too...say...you still giving out DIY stamps??
coz there's a nice thread in harvesting and processing.
Nway good luck...Not that you'll need it :D

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
bengie187 - Definitely does my friend. :smile: The people at these stores are nice and respectful, so don't hesitate to email their customer support if you need something. Take care brotha :wave:

Dr Dog - Thanks Doc! :smile: Much respect for turning the OGA dream into a reality. :respect: The site will definitely take off and I'll be sure to be a part of it as much as I can. Take care! :wave:

DiscoBiscuit - Thanks for the advice Disco :D I think just letting them go is a good move too; like you said, I still have a lot of vertical height left. :yes:

Core - Hi Eroc! :biglaugh: Haha yes, I use that DIY thread just as much as anybody else. Can't wait to hit up the harvesting section. :canabis:

tejashidrow

Wow pontiac..
Nice set up. Wished i had seen this when i did MY first EnF in my admoir. Grew great, but what a mess!!!.. Yous is clean and just makes sense...
Just WHAT type of TRAY is that you are useing??? Is it a nesting tray?? I went to the site and there are about a MILIION differnt trays...:yoinks:
AND
What type of REFLECTOR do you have there??
I do belive my admoire is gonna get "pontiac-afied"!!! i allready HAVE 75% of the parts needed from past grows in storage :woohoo: Thanks PAX

*****Just saw the light/reflector was a FloraLux OOOPS*******

Is your ballast INSIDE your bloom area??? If so, how does that effect temps???
AND....For your cloneing... It looks like peat(?)/jiffy plugs in a upside down rubber maid??
any info would be great... pax

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
IGNIS - Thanks buddy :D Hope you enjoy the show :lurk:

tejashidrow - Thanks for the compliment! :smile: I'm glad you like my design but I'm sure your first E&F wasn't that bad lol. :biglaugh:

Umm... The tray is a Fiberglass Stacking Tray; words and pics just can't describe the quality of these trays. If you look at the specifications, you'll know exactly why: Will withstand continuous service from -40°F to 250°F with intermittent service as high as 300° F. Exceptionally strong, these trays are able to withstand static loads up to 2000 lbs.
Obviously far beyond the requirements of a hydroponic system, lol. The dimensions mentioned are near exact too, so you can be certain that a tray will fit in a static space exactly as planned.

One warning though, cutting the ebb & flow fitting holes was a bitch because of the high density of the fiberglass. Use a high quality hole saw to cut the holes out, and wear goggles and a dust mask.

Yes as you mentioned the light is indeed a floralux, but instead, I highly recommend you buy a light from sunsystem or hydrofarm if you can get it to fit in your cab. The power-factor of the floralux ballast is so shit that it draws 300w to power a single 150w bulb! :noway: Also I'm not a big fan of the reflector design, particularly with airflow and light spread. As implied, I chose a floralux because it's the only mini 150w light that can fit efficiently (by efficiently, I mean long side of the reflector stays parallel to short side of floorspace) in my cab. A 150w sunsystem came close, but it was just 1 inch too long to efficiently fit in my cab... :wallbash:

Since, the vent fan is directly connected to the hood, the airflow sucks away the heat from both bulb and ballast, and the difference between interior and exterior temperatures usually stay around 5 deg F. So in other words, temperatures have not been an issue throughout the grow so far; definitely not as significant as in my previous setups. If temperatures do for some reason get out of hand one day, I can simply reattach the included glass shield to the hood, but at the expense of light output.

Anyway, good luck with your project; :yes: if you need anything, I'd be happy to help. Take care! :wave:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mate fantastic growth rate! - i would leave em alone if it was me, i think it would get a bit crowded in there if you were getting more more tops from each plant - and it would delay flowering too. jmo.

V.

Asil

Hey Pontiac, Just curious how what are the dimensions of that tray? I am thinking fo running a areo system in my cabinet but can't decide how many sites I should build. My interior dimensions are 39w x 18 1/2d x 40 h. I was going to just run 4 but now I am thin king I could run two rows with four each. But I think it will get to crowded in there. Any thoughts?

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
VerdantGreen - Yup :smile: I did just that; I left 'em alone. I think the stretch-storm is finally over now too, so I don't need to consider taking drastic measures anymore. Thanks for stopping! :wave:

Asil - A single Tray # 51006 (33 1/8"L x 15 5/8"W x 8"H) would be a near perfect fit in your cab. :yes:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-----------------------------------
DAY 32 (Flowering DAY 17/56)
39 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 19.9", Photoperiod On/Off: 12hrs/12hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 84F/80F/78F, Humidity: 50%,
Ph: 5.89, TDS: 806ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

WOW... :nono: Ok this may sound weird, but apparently the vegging period of 15 days was a bit TOO long for this cultivation method. :eek: Something like 7-10 would've been more ideal... I know right? :fsu:

So I came back from a small trip only to realize that the plants, particularly those directly under the HPS, have stretched just inches away from the HPS. :yoinks: I had no choice but to prune away any top that was less than 2 inches from the base of the reflector. :frown: However, I doubt this will significantly prolong my harvest deadline or decrease my yield because the nearby auxiliary tops should make up for the losses. :chin:

picture.php

Guess I spoke too soon about the freedom of height in this cab. :wallbash: On the very next run, please remind me to veg for 10 days or less. :whip:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my word they have stretched some! - its always a tough call the first time you grow a strain but i think you are better them being too big than too small ;)

cheers

V.

Asil

Looking so nice my friend. I can't wait to see them bulk up. I took some more clones and placed the first clone that rooted, nycd x c99, in to the shed under 12/12 to sex it. I still don't have any roots from the sd x chem d, But the first clone I took is still alive although it is starting to yellow up quite a bit.

I really do love that little ebb and flow you got. I think if my aero unit doesn't work out I will copy your design. Do you think I can grow 8 plants in a cabinet my size? Remember it is 39w x 39h x 18d. I will be making my aero unit today, I have a a drawing of it I will put up here later.

So you only veg for 15 days? Is that from rooted clones right? How long do you let the clones grow roots before you figure you start your veg? This is my first go around with clones and such. Still trying to nail down the details.

H

HippyJohnny

My my.... they just grow up so fast..
Kind of makes me all misty (sniff, sniff).
Looks like they are really liking the environment.

Remember, 10 days, 10 days ....lol

Latest posts

Latest posts