What's new

~Noexcuses' First Grow~ 2009 250W closet Super Haze + Mazari

noexcuses

Hey folks :joint:

This is my first ever grow!!! Been watching ICmag for going on nearly two years now but I have finally got my arse into gear and set up my first run.

First off just wanna say what a great forum this is, no where else on the net or in the real world have I found so much helpful information from truly good, friendly people. I hope that my first grow will not only help me to learn as much as I can about growing but also help and encourage other people to start growing their own. I've not had this much enjoyment in a long time, nor have I had anything hold my interest as long as growing has. Wish me luck, Hope to hear from you all soon...

I currently have five Dutch Passion Super Haze and four Mazari on the go at moment, just finishing their third week of Veg.

I have a 250W HPS light running 18/6 at present. I'm gonna give it another week, maybe two before switching them to 12/12.
I only really plan on having three main plants in this closet, two Super haze and one mazari however at the moment I'm keeping a few extra as long as I can for two reasons ( 1. The mazari could be Male/Female so i'm keeping three extra just in case.All Haze are feminized.
2. My friend who has helped me along the way with some advice will be starting another grow soon and he may want the left overs from this)

I doubt very much I could squeeze anymore than three in here unless i reduced pot size but I dont wanna do that ( any input here would be appreciated)

Since my first re pot i've been using Biobizz Root Juice but for the last few days i've stopped using it as i've been getting yellow leaves on the bottom of the smaller potted plants (the three main are fine). The bottom leaves are drying up on these smaller plants with yellow spots like burns appearing first before the whole leaf eventually goes yellow. Any ideas ????:wallbash:

Anyway here's a bunch of pics from birth til now.

This is my main super haze

Second Super Haze

Main Mazari

Hope you guys like these young girls and pull up a seat to watch em grow. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you guys have on growing techniques/training, anything i'm doing wrong. I'll answer as many questions as best I can also.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers :laughing:

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
hey there man >>>> thanks for the comments over at my place

as far as your temp 30 deg C is like 86 F i think >>>>>> so that is a bit high i like my room below 80>>> anything above 85 plants start to slow down their growth >>>> but all and all 86 -90 really wont kill them they just may have to work a little harder to grow and need more water then at a lower temp >>>>>make sure you got lots of air moving around them if you cant make the room cooler >>>>i would say more fans then what are in that pic or a bigger one would help !!!!!

stay green and cool

noexcuses

thanks for the advice man i've got a bigger fan which i was thinking of putting in once they flower but i'll maybe try it out sooner now.temps are only hitting 30 at max but i've been opening the door to cool it down which has helped a lot, now down to about 25 on average.

thanks for stopping by.
:joint:

noexcuses

just a small update, its now the end of week 3 veg.

i've started using a bigger fan on the advice of Jackthereffer, hopefully this should get a lot more air round the room. thanks jack

i've re potted the remaining pint cup plants into larger pots, i'm going to take these extra plants as far in the grow as i can just to see if i can squeeze in that many

i've also started some LST on two of the smaller plants 1 mazari and 1 haze as they were not growing too tall with the others crowding them. i've raised them up closer to the light on level with the canopy and i've pulled them down to encourage more growth up the side. if it doesn't work i'm not that bothered as i still have my three main plants. just some experimentation. why not eh?

i'll get some pics of the plants up in the next day, maybe tonight.

thanks for reading

noexcuses

cheers emerald
thanks for the comments
im going to get some pics of the lst plants up in the next few days as they are starting to pick up, the others are all doing fine at the moment, especially one of the super haze, its rocketed in the last few days.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Nice looking grow. Always happy to see a new 250 grower. I'm interested to see what comes of the Mazar, I have some of the freebies from the SB myself.

noexcuses

nice one K.J thanks, i'll take a look at your own grow when i've got a minute tonight, it'll be great to follow another 250 grower, consider me subscribed

noexcuses

ok need your help people. I need to decide in the next few days whether or not flip my plants this weekend(end of week 4) or next weekend(end of week 5).

one of my super haze has taken off, she's sitting at 14 inches with the rest of my plants around 10-11 inches. i was hoping the others would catch up but it doesn't look like it will happen before the "planned" switch this weekend. do you think this would be a major problem?

or should i top the bigger plant and give it an extra week, maybe longer, to recover and let the other plants catch up.

i've also seen a few people say vegging it those extra couple of weeks will increase yield. any truth to this?

growMEDS

Maybe you could bend and tie the tall one? - then switch to 12/12
If it won't work then possibly...

FIM it and wait a week or 2 then switch.

noexcuses

hey folks

I've done some topping and some trimming tonight, hope it goes well.
I'm going leave them in veg for another week and a half to two weeks to give them time to recover and hopefully even the canopy out.

Before the topping

After

I've also been doing some small experiments with LST, not too concerned about them. Just a bit of fun. I want to try spiral them into small bushes. Could be interesting

LST on Super Haze

LST on Mazari

I was wondering about these two small hairs/stems coming out of the main stem at the point where the smaller stems branch off. What are they?? Are these signs of a female?

Hope you are all enjoying this grow as much as I am. Please give as much input as you want, I will listen to all advice.

Peace
:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts