What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ripping the Balls Off of Males

brown_thumb

My current grow is twelve plants... the few survivors of my ignorance and incompetence.

One is a male. I've been ripping its balls off every time they get big enough to grab onto. Damn... I hope plants don't sense pain the way we do.

I'm only bothering with this one because I've read that the potency of male plants of some strains can be nearly as good as the females. I realize I'm risking pollination of the females unless I'm EXTREMELY diligent.

Assuming I keep this male, will constantly removing the pollen sacks result in a plant with only leaves and no smokable material?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yes, just leaves, sometimes covered with a bit of tricomes, but you could only use it for cannabutter or solvent extracts, most of the times it's not really worth the time and pollination risk. :2cents: