What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
PHxM & Kalamata

PHxM & Kalamata

G'day folks!
These two week old seedlings really enjoy basking both in the bright warm April sun and the cold radiant waxing moon...needless to say which is which for the leaves speak for themselves...
in the last photo the newcomers gaze at the world somewhat hesitant...they did give me a bit of a trouble trying to sprout... inadvertently crushed one so I eventually got 4 out of 6 OTH going and that's fair enough for me since I can afford only one...

been soaking a few more beans, a KC, two Panama Haze, a MxPCK, a PxM I am infatuated with and a few Purple LUI...mind you the fem dutch hybrids are to follow come waning moon...now I get this ephemeral agony for I am not used to nursing so many seedlings and culling will not come easy...still been thinking of giving GT a try but I reckon I'll be putting too many melons under my armpit or rather too many irons in the fire... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S. You really wanna know which pheno, ksaderfo? Well then, it looks as if it's D.G.M.B. aka don't go breaking me bollocks :moon:

Attachments

• P1100295.jpg
    P1100295.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100296.jpg
    P1100296.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 8
  • P1100298.JPG
    P1100298.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 13

Ksaderfo

P.S. You really wanna know which pheno, ksaderfo? Well then, it looks as if it's D.G.M.B. aka don't go breaking me bollocks :moon:

I'm sure you meant that a nice way.. :) (breaking your bollocks? What does that supposed to mean? :biggrin: )

Why are the edges of the leaves doing that bendy thing? Mine does that as well..

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looks like they're loving your care; great work! You've got one hell of a line up already planned. You sure you don't want to run a couple GT beans? ;)

G

A beautiful lineup matey !A bit on the "too many " side,maybe ...I don't know 'bout Ephialtes ,but you will become acquainted with Kaiadas,for sure :biggrin: Got the same issues myself,hehe...

Did you say OTH?!Oh my,oh my :watchplant: I was thinking about GT,too,but my playground is telling me that I 'd better start thinking otherwise...or maybe stop thinking altogether :laughing:

orfeas

Veteran
I'm sure you meant that a nice way.. (breaking your bollocks? What does that supposed to mean?

Why are the edges of the leaves doing that bendy thing? Mine does that as well..

If you haven't taken my innuento in, I'll come back in due time... as for the bendy bit, no clue whatsoever...nothing to get my nickers in a twist...

Looks like they're loving your care; great work! You've got one hell of a line up already planned. You sure you don't want to run a couple GT beans?

Tah man! GT... hmmm... itching and itching again...yet picking out doesn't come easy when there's quite a number of gems and too tight a growing spot...don't forget I hold a very limited "licence"...from me missus that is... :biggrin:

A beautiful lineup matey !A bit on the "too many " side,maybe ...I don't know 'bout Ephialtes ,but you will become acquainted with Kaiadas,for sure ... Got the same issues myself,hehe...

Did you say OTH?!Oh my,oh my ... I was thinking about GT,too,but my playground is telling me that I 'd better start thinking otherwise...or maybe stop thinking altogether ...

well, it is a hell of a trilemma* square ...
Kaiadas, nay! However, you shouldn't forget that "long island" is the last resort before eugenics ...:biggrin:

depicted you can see a sweet spot amidst a wildberry bush thicket, 6 foot safety height will the job alright...ok ok with a bit of a bending and a snapping and all...
managed to dig 2x2x1.5 feet, removed all the nice dirt only to amend it with the essential goodies and return it to its hole ...almost broke me ole back carrying bags of dirt through a foot and a half high tunnel ...crawling once again... :)
the hole could very well accomodate two individuals, be it enlarged a tad... a GT perhaps? :biggrin:

*as with dilemma

Attachments

• P1100300.jpg
    P1100300.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100301.jpg
    P1100301.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 16

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent news orfeas ;) Glad to see the new seedlings for this outdoor season.
Wish you are having a lovely spring time! :)

orfeas

Veteran
nearly a week now and those PH x Ms crying out for bigger shoes...could have stayed put for another week I take...yet a slight N def I noticed on another seedling had me worried and worries I've had too many...
anyway these buggers are really vigorous, already cantering, and I gotta hold the reins tight giving them 3 lt pots for a change ...restriction is but the only way I can go with them scary seedlings of a tree... :)

a Panama Haze and a M x PCK broke dirt but they're too timid and reticent to pose...

Attachments

• P1100303.JPG
    P1100303.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100304.jpg
    P1100304.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100305.jpg
    P1100305.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 13

Buddler

Veteran
Orf good to see you got a guerilla plot i think a GT and a PANHAZE would fit in there nicely mate..those big footed girls are ready id like to see you grow a monster out there :biggrin: Set up the trip wires this time..Thanks for sharing ..:tiphat:

Ksaderfo

Hey Orfeus Morpheus with your flowery language.. :biggrin:

I'm crashing your thread For A Little While Longer Yet... :biggrin:

Here she is... In all it's glory... She got a bit of heat shock from the cray April Temperatuuuren but she is doing fine and I think she is now starting to kick it off.

I still give only half a dose of fish mix on the Light mix soil.. I don't think I'll increase it...

But..

If she is the Indica pheno (which by the looks of it, it totally is.. I was going for the hybrid.. But it could be worst, I could get that Vooodoo Doctor Concoction that turns people into Youtubers and Hipsters... )

Any insight? :thank you:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180504_101918.jpg
    20180504_101918.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Too early to tell the pheno, looks quite hybrid to me. Usually it's the stretch phase whish says more about the plant properties.
Good luck!

Cheers

orfeas

Veteran
Orf good to see you got a guerilla plot i think a GT and a PANHAZE would fit in there nicely mate..those big footed girls are ready id like to see you grow a monster out there :biggrin: Set up the trip wires this time..Thanks for sharing ..:tiphat:

Oye Budmate, this time I gotta deploy a different scheme...schadenfreude haunts me thoughts...instead of trip wire I might make use of a plank full of hobnails ...
then I' m preparing a much more conspicuous spot some 50 m away that will play the part of a bait hosting but a couple of studs for the wannabe scumbags...
as for the big footed girls, it'll take some time, no more than a month I reckon, till they show punanis...or bollocks...them being reg seeds that is...

A PANHAZE is underway and GT will be likely to follow, be it not one too many...still waiting for my next pack of Auto Malawi to arrive...

orfeas

Veteran
New kids on the block

New kids on the block

talking of dirt breaking I welcome 3 M x P elite S1 , a PanHaze, a M x PCK and a P goddess x M ... the reason I' m giving them S1s a shot is double, excellent smoke living up to its attribute (elite) and my curiosity to see what S1s will have to say...

In the last two pics my Cherokee toms have come of age blooming and hollering for an immediate transplant while the renouned donks have already started developing... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100317.jpg
    P1100317.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100316.jpg
    P1100316.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100314.jpg
    P1100314.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100313.jpg
    P1100313.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 12

orfeas

Veteran
the second pair of PH x M big footers have found their way into bigger vessels...fed them with worm compost tea and honey that comes straight from the bee hive and let them do their thang...I reckon they'll sex when the moon waxes...or sooner for they grow real fast already bearing five internodes...

In the last photo, the OTH seems as if some invisible critters have been feasting...therefore I sent for a ladybug and let her do her own feasting before I resort to drastic measures... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100315.jpg
    P1100315.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100318.jpg
    P1100318.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100320.jpg
    P1100320.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 11
G

MxP S1s,eh?Very interested to see the outcome.But if they are not all fem,I would question the pollen source ;)

All the other gals look in great shape.You will most certainly have a lot of time in your hands to get the OTH better :biggrin:

Man,those cherokee toms are so delicious... :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
MxP S1s,eh?Very interested to see the outcome.But if they are not all fem,I would question the pollen source ;)

All the other gals look in great shape.You will most certainly have a lot of time in your hands to get the OTH better

Man,those cherokee toms are so delicious... :tiphat:

Dear Syd,
I have seen with me own apple pies that S1s carry both "chromosomes" X and Y, therefore sex remains to be seen...on the other hand, the mother produced only a few beans which goes to show limited self-pollination...methinks :biggrin:

Cherokees are really special and just because I hate to have you salivating, I'll send a case your way...or you can pluck some yourself... :)

Buddler, tah man!

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
PH x M reg

PH x M reg

Looking at those four week old seedlings I just feel like doing a Pointer Sisters...I'm so excited... :biggrin:
Excellent growth, promising side branches, gotta employ my lateral thinking (if any) to keep them under my thumb...it'd be a hell of a laugh did all of them turn out boys... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100339.jpg
    P1100339.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100335.jpg
    P1100335.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100334.jpg
    P1100334.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100336.jpg
    P1100336.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 15

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking at those four week old seedlings I just feel like doing a Pointer Sisters...I'm so excited... :biggrin:
Excellent growth, promising side branches, gotta employ my lateral thinking (if any) to keep them under my thumb...it'd be a hell of a laugh did all of them turn out boys... :biggrin:

Beautiful structure brother! Lovely internodal spacing, branching, and looking all around happy and healthy. Can't wait to see the wee ones explode.

Excellent work! :biggrin:

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks heaps brother!

wee ones? which ones? The ones below? :biggrin:

Well, they're taking their time alright enjoying both Aegean temps and sunlight...crescent moon will soon be waxing and I expect them to kick into high gear...

The four week auto Malawi has just started flowering...hoping for a x2 stretch...

Attachments

• P1100342.jpg
    P1100342.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100346.jpg
    P1100346.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100343.jpg
    P1100343.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 12

Buddler

Veteran
The four week auto Malawi has just started flowering...hoping for a x2 stretch...

She starting already Orf probly be 4 ft tall time shes done .I wanted to try those but have some other autos to try this yr .. i have a dutch northern lite auto as well but missing the great Malawi..How many of the new crosses do you have up any M A5s ?:friends:

Latest posts

Latest posts