What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SURVEY: Vaporizer

ThomasMich

Hello my dear cannabis enthusiasts,

for an innovation project at the technical university of Vienna we would like to develop a vaporizer with strong focus on usability and convenience. Therefore we need your opinions and expertise.

We have put together a short survey (5-7 minutes) and we would really appreciate it if you fill it out.

Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/Rnrh0W3RMlNNlihu1

Your feedback will help us to support our ideas and foster motivation.

Thank you very much for your support!

PS: If you also think there is a lot of improvement potential for vaporizers, please give us feedback and share this survey on social media and with your cannabis friends.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The #1 product that I see the market lacks is a heated chamber for the classic and digit Volcanos. It would need a PID, and have to hold about a gram or less, and be able to use the Volcano attachments like a whip.

Heating the material in the heated chamber instead of the fan is a huge improvement, at least for whip users.

MindEater

The #1 product that I see the market lacks is a heated chamber for the classic and digit Volcanos. It would need a PID, and have to hold about a gram or less, and be able to use the Volcano attachments like a whip.

Heating the material in the heated chamber instead of the fan is a huge improvement, at least for whip users.

Get an Arizer Extreme Q. Cheap and easy to customize since it's a 18.8 fitting. Just make sure you don't get one that stinks. Sometimes the electronics smell like "robot farts"

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Get an Arizer Extreme Q. Cheap and easy to customize since it's a 18.8 fitting. Just make sure you don't get one that stinks. Sometimes the electronics smell like "robot farts"

I probably will, as Mr. Ringodoggie also recs them. I need to send in the 'cano someday, cause the display has failed.

There better not be any "stink", that shit makes me cough.

But really though, an attachment for the older volcanos that is a heated chamber, but otherwise works the same the same (well, attach it better than just gravity), and they would really improve the hits.

Without a heated chamber, using hot air only, the material is heated from the center outward, to the unheated outer walls. After heating, the material color was always green on the outside edge, brown in the center. It vaporized "stink" cause the green had been cooked off.

With a heated chamber, the material is heated from the outside to inside for as long as is needed (10 secs for me), and the hot air from the fan really helps blow off the vaporized terps as it adds heat, and a power hit. Since I am only doing a single hit with a whip, the material is evenly darkened a little, but still green. When it cools, it has no smell. The "stink" isn't coming off until the end of the hit - I imagine that stuff whatever it is, has a higher BP.

A ton of volcanos out there... someone should do this. Probably $150 retail value added.

Edit (Arizer EQ test report): So I just got an EQ and find the instructions to be crap. That's OK, cause I never read them. I manage to figure out a way to heat herb on the thing, and get the temp set and fan running. This thing will bridge the gap for when my hybrid 'cano is off getting the damn display fixed, but that's all. The "bowl" is at set temp, so you need something to hold it when you dump the ABV and load another, or burn your hand. The ground attachment for the whip gets stuck on the chamber, so you can't dump the ABV while it is still fresh. The fan is weak, it is not a pump for sure. Feels like a cheap chinese toy to me. Looks like the guy I gave my digit to is gonna get a EQ in the future. DDave is out of mod parts.

Last edited: