What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD

karl.uk

@DutchHempCBD.
Yes to produce a crop of only females.
Did you have success in drying out your crop ? Which was the best extraction technique ?

@DutchHempCBD.
Yes to produce a crop of only females.
Did you have success in drying out your crop ? Which was the best extraction technique ?

I'd say culling the males would be far less work than taking female cutting. Image having 1 hectare. That has all to come from cuttings?! I think it can be done... though I don't think it's the most efficient way of going about it.

The crops we harvested are almost dry. I've done some simple ice water hash extractions and they have come out well. In the coming time I'll be trying out different extraction techniques. I'll keep you all posted on that.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If it is auto then you can not clone it as it will flower and not stop flowering even under 24 hours. You would be better off to grow some FINOLA plants from seeds, take half the plants just before flowering, and spray the tops with STS leaving the bottom of the plant untreated to show the true sex. Kill any true males and use the STS females to male to make pollen to pollinate the untreated females, they will give you all female FINOLA seeds to use outdoors in a big all female crop.
-SamS

murciano207

If it is auto then you can not clone it as it will flower and not stop flowering even under 24 hours. You would be better off to grow some FINOLA plants from seeds, take half the plants just before flowering, and spray the tops with STS leaving the bottom of the plant untreated to show the true sex. Kill any true males and use the STS females to male to make pollen to pollinate the untreated females, they will give you all female FINOLA seeds to use outdoors in a big all female crop.
-SamS

the best option with autoflowering plants as sam says

oldchuck

Veteran
I'm thinking that an F1 hybrid, Finola X something else, is a good option for production of medical grade weed but, of course, that breaks down the barrier between "hemp" and "marijuana," and would be EU illegal. Politics not science.

karl.uk

@oldchuck,
Good point. If your were to produce an F1 hybrid, Finola x ?????, if you used another strain X Finola, which were both below 0.2% thc, would it still be EU legal or with it being and F1, would it be outside the EU certified seed bank ??
Also are there any restrictions (UK) in producing Finola or any other approved variety from the EU seed catalogue, under glass (greenhouse) or under artifical lights indoors ?

oldchuck

Veteran
I think EU approval requires you to only use seed on their approved list. It seems that the only criterion to get on the list is THC content.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I don't know for UK but several other countries not only demand that the grown variety is listed in the 'Common catalogue of varieties of agricultural plant species' but often seeds have to come from one of the listed agencies too; sometimes, the receipt alone suffices as proof, sometimes you need a certificate (which is automatically shipped together with the seeds when purchased at one of said agencies). It may also depend on additional requirements such as permits depending on quantity and intended use; these permits in turn may or may not depend on the present emotional state of the person handing out the permits ;) .
Crossing, no matter what, requires a special 'research' permit. From what I can see, there are two reasons why: On one hand, those who made these stupid laws regarding super low THC % have no clue and don't even understand that a CBD chemotype, even if it contains 1% THC, won't get you high due the way bigger amount of CBD present. Now, these folks likely think that crossing two low THC specimens together may result in a drug variety as well. On the other hand, most if not all of the listed varieties are proprietary varieties and you don't even have the rights to use your own seeds thereof to grow a second generation (or, at least, this is what they want you to think).
Go to Switzerland, there you may grow (if it's only for ornamental reasons and NOTHING else) everything below 1% THC. Though, registering whatever you create will most likely be impossible there.

Best would be to call your responsible agency and ask them. Cause in the case of Switzerland, there's a law for farmers and one for 'private flower gardeners'; if you're neither, you'll highly depend on the local responsible for these things (when it comes to hemp, this usually means you ain't gonna do much).

karl.uk

@OnlyOrnamental
Thanks for the info.
Are you aware of any legal restrictions UK, in growing seeds from the EU common catalogue, under glass ( greenhouse ) or under artificial lights indoors ??

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Sorry, no idea at all ;( .
Really, ask the local authorities directly! No need to tell them your identity, if it bothers you...

karl.uk

Spoke to our authorities (Home Office) and there is no UK legal restictions in growing Industrial hemp, under cover in a greenhouse in the UK ( Obviously you need to be licensed).
As far as we are concerned this will also extend to growing indoors under artifical lights................ We will see how it goes.

Thanks for asking.

The plants are dry. I've done some initial extractions (bubble hash method). The results are good. Nice quality oil. Now we are aiming on processing the big batch. Making oil extract and getting it tested in the lab. More expanded update will follow when I have some more results.

Tombeaux

@DutchHempCBD

I stumbled across this forum and your thread today. I am not fond of having to register on sites anymore, but was compelled by your vigor and exactness to join in. I am from across the pond, Florida. My knowledge of hemp is a joke. However, I believe I can add some value in U.S. legislative, legalization updates, especially since I worked with law makers in Florida recently. Extraction processes, since I understand them all very well. Lastly, a delivery mechanism I am in the process of patenting that is better than intravenous with a 94% cellular absorption rating.

I have 17 pages to read. I quickly scanned the first two. I commend your protocol and zeal and hope you can take an advancement and realization from all of this with you.

My initial encouragement would be that since you are going to this extent, to map as much as you can in addition to CBD, the other cannabinoids, terpines and flavinoids, etc., that may unlock other potentials. Example: terpines has a 2.5X increase factor on memory.

Also, as a gentle reminder, recognize the deep mechanisms associated with what you seek. CB1/CB2 receptor optimization via CBD, but more important G-protien synthesis and impacts on DNA replication and telmar preservation. Simply stating CBD is short selling target values of true importance.

The healing and the expressions of betterment are natural results of the mechanisms I just cited and I am sure many I am unaware of.......

Also, the process is usually one of elimination. I would encourage some form of cataloging along the way with commentary add as you go.

I'll be back 17 pages from now.

Again, thanks for taking the lead with solid method.

Still got 17 pages to read, but can't wait to respond either, this is exciting.
Here is an idea you may find interesting; http://collegerama.tudelft.nl/Mediasite/Play/600a5501-0fe9-4b41-9ffe-876f2a8b89cd

As far as I know this variety is not suitable for the Dutch climate. It's an Itallian variety for warm regions.

In the bollenstreek they might do amazingly well. For example Sam's DPxSK grew into 5 meter trees north of Amsterdam.

:tiphat:

karl.uk

@DutchHempCBD.

Dutch hows it going on the extraction front ?
We are planning on planting 4 acres of Finola in the next growing season, now having got all our licences in order.
Is Finola the best strain for us to plant ( middle of the UK ) or is there a better variety ?
Any of your info and experience would be helpfull for our project.
Thanks
Karl

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
17 acres of Charlottes web coming down. 36,000 clones. how many hundreds of acres will they grow next year??

you guys better get cracking on those seeds if you want to keep up with their tissue culture.

they are supposed to be setting up something massive in central america at the moment that will capture the world market for CBD.

15 minute film here: http://time.com/pot-kids/

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts