What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In strange, foreign lands such as new jersey USA they have so much ,zucchini they literally throw away huge amounts.
Now that there will be this co-growing with Florida, I predict lots and lots , massive amounts along the side of I-95

Cuddles

In strange, foreign lands such as new jersey USA they have so much ,zucchini they literally throw away huge amounts.
Now that there will be this co-growing with Florida, I predict lots and lots , massive amounts along the side of I-95
are you referring to chinese take away dishes?
I´m also not sure what `co-growing´ with other US states means.???

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hey, this zucchini bread sounds kinda interesting. How is it actually made though - I´ve not heard of it before. ?
basically a scratch cake mix with a little cinnamon and peeled/grated zucchini in it. lots (damn near all!) of folks add chopped pecans or walnuts too. not to worry, you can't taste the zucchini...stuff is wonderful warm and smeared with butter. :yummy:

shithawk420

Veteran
basically a scratch cake mix with a little cinnamon and peeled/grated zucchini in it. lots (damn near all!) of folks add chopped pecans or walnuts too. not to worry, you can't taste the zucchini...stuff is wonderful warm and smeared with butter. :yummy:
what?ive had zucchini bread but not like that.obviously a southern recipe.they love putting pecans in everything.ive lived in GA and love me pecans but never heard zucchini bread made this way.sounds good

shithawk420

Veteran
i thought they put pecans in everything in Georgia? maybe not scrambled eggs, but damn near everything else.
yeah they do.cant remember the last time i had zucchini bread.might of been IL.maybe GA.but most of my family in GA used to live in the midwest so its either or.think it was salty more than sweet.i cant remember.its been years.i dont know anyone who bakes anymore

armedoldhippy

Veteran
baking various breads is my only lack of cooking skill. no biscuits, no cornbread, nothing. if i learned how, i'd weigh 400 damn pounds before New Years Ever got here. i have nearly zero self control in the presence of good bread of any type. maybe LESS than zero...:redface:

Cuddles

Oh, it´s a cake dough, not a bread dough? I gotta find a recipe online and check it out :)

Cuddles

baking various breads is my only lack of cooking skill. no biscuits, no cornbread, nothing. if i learned how, i'd weigh 400 damn pounds before New Years Ever got here. i have nearly zero self control in the presence of good bread of any type. maybe LESS than zero...:redface:
hey, my choc biscuits won´t make you fat! They´re pretty healthy ( low sugar, low flour) , which is one reason why I make them ;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hey, my choc biscuits won´t make you fat! They´re pretty healthy ( low sugar, low flour) , which is one reason why I make them ;)
got a recipe handy?
In strange, foreign lands such as new jersey
i've heard of such places, but never been there... drove through NYC at 80 mph twice...first time and last time. folks were passing me like my motor had died...:eek:

sublingual

i hear you.i can bake but making pizza dough has officially pissed me off enough to not want to bake again.until i get one of those expensive ass mixers im not doin it anytime soon
really, very easy if you remember that pizza dough is a sourdough. Someone claimed that pizza was invented by accident with leftover dough from the day before.
For the crust to be tasty and have a good texture, use bread flour and equal water by weight. Totally wet the flour and let sit for 1 hour-this is an autolyze reaction but you won't recognize it until you are experienced. Then knead and rest the dough. The less handling the better the bread-think gently folding and stretching. The rests are the most important in letting the gluten develop. The wetter the dough, the more it will puff up after baking-its the steam, hence water content, that causes puffiness.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
how do you make it thin and crispy? i eat pizza for the toppings, thick chewy "crust" is an oxymoron to me...:dunno: plus, i'm "supposed" to limit my bread intake because of diabetes. :badday:

Cuddles

i hear you.i can bake but making pizza dough has officially pissed me off enough to not want to bake again.until i get one of those expensive ass mixers im not doin it anytime soon
making the dough is fairly easy with a hand held mixer. They´re usually not so pricey :)
The thing that pees me off about pizza ( and bread) dough is that you have to prepare it all in advance. You can´t say: Man, I´m hungry so I´ll just whip up a pizza quickly... It´s just not possible :(
And in my case, I also have to defrost the the sauce I made etc...

Cuddles

how do you make it thin and crispy? i eat pizza for the toppings, thick chewy "crust" is an oxymoron to me...:dunno: plus, i'm "supposed" to limit my bread intake because of diabetes. :badday:
dunno about others peoples but mine often turns out a little thicker than I wanted too :( You just gotta flatten out the dough more than you think at first because the dough will rise in the oven as it contains yeast.

shithawk420

Veteran
making the dough is fairly easy with a hand held mixer. They´re usually not so pricey :)
The thing that pees me off about pizza ( and bread) dough is that you have to prepare it all in advance. You can´t say: Man, I´m hungry so I´ll just whip up a pizza quickly... It´s just not possible :(
And in my case, I also have to defrost the the sauce I made etc...
for one of the good ones its about 350$ so like 300 something pounds where you are.im not made of money.if i see one at a resale shop i like im gonna buy it for the right price.dont even have a proper stove right now.just a airfryer oven combo

Cuddles

for one of the good ones its about 350$ so like 300 something pounds where you are.im not made of money.if i see one at a resale shop i like im gonna buy it for the right price.dont even have a proper stove right now.just a airfryer oven combo
lol, no way do we pay such prices over here !
But perhaps we´re not talking about the same type of mixers?
I found this page from Walmart.

Those with two types of thingies - one for dough and the other for say thin pancake batter or dressings etc :)
that´s what I use all the time. I also have a set of the other ones in the first picture.

shithawk420

Veteran
lol, no way do we pay such prices over here !
But perhaps we´re not talking about the same type of mixers?
I found this page from Walmart.

Those with two types of thingies - one for dough and the other for say thin pancake batter or dressings etc :)
that´s what I use all the time. I also have a set of the other ones in the first picture.
i was thinking of something with more oomph.sorry link didnt work.ill try again

Latest posts

Latest posts