What's new

LST vs Natural - Effect on Mold?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that LST would allow less airflow and thus more mold.

Supercropping on the other hand, as I primitively understand it, just sends more grow hormones/nutrients and what not to the side branches, thus making them bigger/longer/sturdier thus increasing yield AND whenever the main stalk (which is what is supercropped) repairs itself, the resulting knuckle acts as a nutrient super-highway and sends more nutrients up through the plant. I don't see any decrease in airflow in this process that would entail a higher chance of mold.

vostok

Veteran
You need to understand that these mold spores are with us every day all year, and its local conditions that SET of the molds, easiest and only thing we humans can do ..is upset the surface for these spores not get a head start on us or the plants, ..on average its 2x times per year that these conditions are active of that.. in most cases it just 1x time per year that mold hits us hard.
Many strategies are open to the grower ..

a: I am a big user of neem oil, that knocks back mold and bugs

b: if under attack I fight with warm water and 10% bleach and dip the mold in it ...UGH!!

c: I grow my own plants, this is vital at fighting molds and bugs, at your local latitude

d: germ and harvest earlier ..is the best advice but if down to 120 days ..well?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
like vostok said there's mold and bacteria on everything 24/7. if we could see it we would prolly be disgusted. best thing to combat mold is keep it from getting/staying too moist. make sure there's nothing dead for the mold to feed on. mold is just there to help decompose dead matter. so as long as you keep on top of the dead leaves and spread the branches as much as you can, that's prolly all you can do outdoors.

sulfur inhibits/kills mold i haven't done it yet but i hear you can sprinkle sulphur powder on the leaves in veg. (it's like baby powder) and it will help keep the mold off. you can't mix it with water. not the stuff i have anyway, they sell it in the drug store. it's activated by moisture in the air. so when it gets moist it dissolves or whatever happens and kills mold spores. they use it on vegetables and shit all the time. i went to google a lonk for you and found this.

http://www.planetnatural.com/product/sulfur-plant-fungicide/

i'm sure there's other fungicides. the main ingredient is sulphur in most of em.

Latest posts

Latest posts