Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The Official Hempy Bucket Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2008, 04:14 AM #11
PurpDiesel 87

PurpDiesel 87 is on a distinguished road
im doing a all Hempy grow aswell its actually a pretty easy way to do things mine have only been in there for about a week but i cant wait for them to hit the rez so they can go nutz
PurpDiesel 87 is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2008, 06:47 PM #12
AndreNicky
Smoov like water

AndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura about
Has anyone tryed adding a small airstone in the bottom of the buckets? I read a growthread acouple days ago where somone did this and got very good results, he was using rockwool cubes instead of perlite/verm mix tho.

Andre's Dope Show
AndreNicky is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2008, 07:28 PM #13
Thundurkel
Just Call me Urkle!!

Thundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of light
I'm for surely going to do a few of these but I do micro growing so they will be in 32oz gatorade containers with perlite bottom and coco peat on top and see how it goes
The Vault: Truck's Genetics - Urkel x Crystal Trident, Dream Cross(Blue Dream x CT)... Bodhi Seeds- Yo Mama... Reservation Labs - Green Crack x SCK, Astili, Mucho Mango... Bobblebeans - Sour Bubble x Grape Skunk, Purps x Grape Skunk... ThunderKid's Collection Cherry Kush S1's, Lemon Larry(Swerves Cut) x Cherry Kush, Blowfish S1(only have 1 of em wish me luck)
Thundurkel is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 PM #14
TylerDurden

Hey Andre, if you read the some of the threads by Hempy himself, he specifically mentions that adding an airstone to the bottom of the container does NOT help or improve the original design in any way. He says that it over complicates the simple nature of the Hempy bucket. Take it easy

Mr. Durden

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 PM #15
AndreNicky
Smoov like water

AndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura aboutAndreNicky has a spectacular aura about
Thx for the feedback Durden!

Andre's Dope Show
AndreNicky is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2008, 05:58 PM #16
TylerDurden

Hempy buckets rule!

NP Andre hope the info helps you out. Finally got some pics uploaded of my plants in Hempy buckets for anyone whos interested. Theyre all white widow from Nirvana. I also have 3 clones in soil, 1 Hashberry and the other 2 from the bag seed plant I have growing in soil (the big one).

Group Shot

WW III seedling

WW I (unknown)

WW II (male)

Bag Seed Plant (female; grown in soil)

Peace.

Mr. Durden

Old 10-18-2008, 04:34 PM #17
Styr

Styr is on a distinguished road
Hello Hempy fans! I've got 6 bagseed seedlings in miniature hempy buckets right now. After this initial run with the buckets I plan on selecting a good Nirvana strain and hopefully find a decent mother I can take cuttings off of. White Rhino/White Widow are my top choices right now.

It seems a lot easier to start in bigger buckets than it is to transplant into bigger buckets, but I have limited room in my wardrobe and since these are seedlings, I decided to go with the BOG style transplant when they need it. This ultimately is the reason why I want to go with clones, so that once rooted I can simply place in a larger bucket and not worry about the sex.

The plants are only about 1 week old and they are starting on the 3rd internode. Vegging under some CFLs now, but my flowering chamber will hold 300 watts of HPS (2x150). The CFLs will be replaced very soon by T5 floros for my veg/mother chamber.

I will take pictures once my cab is finished and everything is setup, but it's a bit messy right now with parts strewn everywhere and no one wants to see seedlings
Styr is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 05:16 PM #18
one Q
Quality

one Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the rough
feeding frequency

Do you guys feed every watering, or alternate with plain h2o?
one Q is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 12:43 AM #19
TylerDurden

Sounds excellent Styr! Hope to see some pics soon.

one Q: I use the GH 3 part nutes and feed every time I water. I flush them out once
every week or two because I noticed mine start to get the slightest burn around the
tips of the big leaves when I dont sometimes so now I just do it no matter what. Plus
it can only help because theres going to be some salt buildup no matter what. Take it
easy.

Mr. Durden

Old 10-19-2008, 03:26 AM #20
spacecadet

spacecadet will become famous soon enoughspacecadet will become famous soon enough
ummmmmmmmm seem the starter of this thread is no longer with us. oh well we can keep this thread going. i got my 2 hempy buckets ready but i had a bad run with the clones so didnt get a chance to use them this grow but i am fixing to use them soon as my chem x c-99 finish then i will be growing a new strain from seeds herijuana from a breeder thats just got banned so i keep my mouth shut on this on.
mr Durden i am all so fixing to use gh 3 part and like to know what ur feeding schedule is and ppm or ec lvls ml per gal or liter any additives. i be starting with seeds looking for females so it really be a test run till i find my moms but will breeeds for sees this run. and it be under a 600 watts hps in a dr 120 grow tent with a 450 cmf vortex and scrubber my buckets are 2- 3 gal paint pails from lowes with a mix of 3 parts perlite to one part veramite

all so do you think i need to wrap the buckets with some thing light proof or will there tranpasrence be a be ok?
spacecadet is offline Quote