What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

?? Best / Cheapest Canned Butane ??

brown_thumb

I'm a newb so please forgive this basic question. I did search but didn't find much help.

I want to try a very basic butane extraction and need suggestions regarding very high quality pure butane to make very clean dabs. I might want to add a vacuum-assisted Buchner funnel with the appropriate material to filter out the wax. Other than that, I want to keep this extremely simple.

I'll be comparing this with extraction using subzero temperature ethanol (dry ice + Everclear).

EDIT: This will be done outside away from any type of flame or anything which could spark.

QUESTION: What are the best purest cheapest options regarding small cans of butane?

~star~crash~

i use the whippet brand 420 ml cans ... they work well & you should be able to get two cases (24 cans) for around $100 at smoke shops ... if you order a master case online you can get it even cheaper ...peace

redlaser

Veteran
Check out member Skyhigler's posts/threads, he's the only person I'm aware of that sprays out a can of different brands and then weighs what's left after the butane is gone, the " mystery" oil residue.

And since you mentioned your newb status with this, never use butane indoors or near any sort of ignition source, cigs, static, appliances cycling on and off, etc. One good fire will make bubble, sift and rosin look pretty good.

Gry

I have a can sitting on the shelf I use for my lighter, only 320 ml, but it does say whip it right down the side of the can.
How come they tried to make butane sound like something that goes on dessert ?

brown_thumb

What about those which are filtered 3x, 5x, 7x, 11x, 14x.....

Is much of that hype, or are those which are filtered more worth the cost?

Latest posts

Latest posts