What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reeferman Santa Marta Colombian Gold Grow 2017

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
High everybody, i would like to share my little Grow with you! It's just a small grow with 9 Plants, one died. :)

As you can see it's still a bit early, but i'll update weekly!

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Peace

window

Veteran
Great stuff Pineapple, I grew it myself a few years back, I believe it to be a proper old school lumbo:)
Gives a unique feeling that the top of your head is being pulled upwards, he he. When cured the taste has some incense tones, smell also, with musky cat piss and perhaps Sandlewood or even frankincense?
Will you make more seeds? I think they are pretty rare now.
picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Great stuff Pineapple, I grew it myself a few years back, I believe it to be a proper old school lumbo:)
Gives a unique feeling that the top of your head is being pulled upwards, he he. When cured the taste has some incense tones, smell also, with musky cat piss and perhaps Sandlewood or even frankincense?
Will you make more seeds? I think they are pretty rare now.
View Image

Looking great window! Have read your Post where you asked RedRider if Reefermans SMCG is looking like the real deal. :)

Nice description you have there! Do you maybe have some more Pictures?

When i find at least one male i'll produce some Seeds to work with, that's for sure!

window

Veteran
The only other pic I have is the same one from Reds thread that is pretty crappy as was taken on a cell phone, didn't Red Rider say it looked pretty legit though?

A question for any old school tokers who smoked real deal lumbo back in the day, was lumbo quite a stoney pot? I'm from the UK and I believe that we didn't get much Columbian or even Mexicans over here, more African, Thai and Jamaican, so unsure about the lumbos, perhaps in the late 60s and early 70s some was brought in but I didn't start puffing till about 85.
All the research I've done, which comes from 70s type litterateur seems to say yes, even Sam has said it, from what I read in the blotter magazine in Billy's vintage news thread.
Reefs Santa marta is certainly narrow leaf with the expected uppey effect but does become stoney but different from broad leaf stones somewhat.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The only other pic I have is the same one from Reds thread that is pretty crappy as was taken on a cell phone, didn't Red Rider say it looked pretty legit though?

A question for any old school tokers who smoked real deal lumbo back in the day, was lumbo quite a stoney pot? I'm from the UK and I believe that we didn't get much Columbian or even Mexicans over here, more African, Thai and Jamaican, so unsure about the lumbos, perhaps in the late 60s and early 70s some was brought in but I didn't start puffing till about 85.
All the research I've done, which comes from 70s type litterateur seems to say yes, even Sam has said it, from what I read in the blotter magazine in Billy's vintage news thread.
Reefs Santa marta is certainly narrow leaf with the expected uppey effect but does become stoney but different from broad leaf stones somewhat.

Yes as far as i can remember RedRider said it was looking legit. How long was yours flowering? Heard there is still some nice variation in this SMCG line to start a pheno hunt.

Here are Pictures of a very dominant SMCG pheno from the Love Potion 1.1 line. It's flowering for over 20 weeks. (Pictures not by me)

reefermanlovepotion1.jpg

lovepotion.jpg

reefermansativa.jpg

Here a little smoke report from a user with the name Johnursery:

"so far in all my years of smoking and growing this is the tops for me, my favorite, a holy grail top shelf head smoke, easy to bring me right next to a zen state only to be aware of it just out of reach as my mind keeps wandering, extremely introspective yet no paranoi at all in fact calming and relaxing, soothing yet upbeat and very awake...makes me happy like a mood booster its very hard for me to describe but i can say as someone whos been on alot of meds for PTSD that this makes me happier with a better outlook than anti-deppresants ive used in the past, makes me more relaxed than anti-anxiety meds ive been on, and moreover helps my overall ballance...now this is all subjective and based on my experiences but im looking forward to having one of my friend's i served with coming to visit soon and having the opportunity to hear all his thoughts on this bud...very uplifting hard to pin down why though...
as far as growing this was not an easy pleaser espescialy indoors but growers with some patience and practice should be able to handle her if they know what to expect from a sativa growth structure, also this landrace has a good amount of variation still, there is realy only 1 standout female out of the 2 packs i popped but there were some other good pheno's just like the diff pheno's that were in the Love Potion from reeferman except obviously no rootbeer pheno from the g13 side...
very up high but not speedy, doesnt make me wanna run around and clean but does make me wanna get up and go outside which is opposed to my hermit like behavior i normaly display...its very up but very relaxed, so hard to put into words, good social bud for a circle smoke...its not realy potent but that doesnt displease me at all strangely....anyway im done rambling for now, time to enjoy the rest of this bowl"

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Red was stony and Gold was an upper. Colombian was a specialty pot in the sixties and into the seventies became mainstream and went downhill. 1979 CG was nothing special, picked early. I am smoking homegrown '72 CG that is much better.

Those pictures look like legit CG Pineapple.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Red was stony and Gold was an upper. Colombian was a specialty pot in the sixties and into the seventies became mainstream and went downhill. 1979 CG was nothing special, picked early. I am smoking homegrown '72 CG that is much better.

Those pictures look like legit CG Pineapple.

Yes have read a lot of Colombian smoke reports from Satva. I personally had no doubts that Reefermans CG is legit. I've growed Love Potion and had also some very long flowering phenos which had a awesome type of high. Still have 50 LP Seeds left which i'll grow in the Future. Will also buy some of USC CG1972 like you, that's for sure!

Thank for watching my Thread! :)

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes as far as i can remember RedRider said it was looking legit. How long was yours flowering? Heard there is still some nice variation in this SMCG line to start a pheno hunt.

Here are Pictures of a very dominant SMCG pheno from the Love Potion 1.1 line. It's flowering for over 20 weeks. (Pictures not by me)

View Image
View Image
View Image

"so far in all my years of smoking and growing this is the tops for me, my favorite, a holy grail top shelf head smoke, easy to bring me right next to a zen state only to be aware of it just out of reach as my mind keeps wandering, extremely introspective yet no paranoi at all in fact calming and relaxing, soothing yet upbeat and very awake...makes me happy like a mood booster its very hard for me to describe but i can say as someone whos been on alot of meds for PTSD that this makes me happier with a better outlook than anti-deppresants ive used in the past, makes me more relaxed than anti-anxiety meds ive been on, and moreover helps my overall ballance...now this is all subjective and based on my experiences but im looking forward to having one of my friend's i served with coming to visit soon and having the opportunity to hear all his thoughts on this bud...very uplifting hard to pin down why though...
as far as growing this was not an easy pleaser espescialy indoors but growers with some patience and practice should be able to handle her if they know what to expect from a sativa growth structure, also this landrace has a good amount of variation still, there is realy only 1 standout female out of the 2 packs i popped but there were some other good pheno's just like the diff pheno's that were in the Love Potion from reeferman except obviously no rootbeer pheno from the g13 side...
very up high but not speedy, doesnt make me wanna run around and clean but does make me wanna get up and go outside which is opposed to my hermit like behavior i normaly display...its very up but very relaxed, so hard to put into words, good social bud for a circle smoke...its not realy potent but that doesnt displease me at all strangely....anyway im done rambling for now, time to enjoy the rest of this bowl"

Thats it... guy even have PTSD like me and claims its best meds he finds.. i belive him.

Thanx for sharing... haved stringy pheno of Destroyer before but
she get some nanners and i left her go..

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Thats it... guy even have PTSD like me and claims its best meds he finds.. i belive him.

Thanx for sharing... haved stringy pheno of Destroyer before but
she get some nanners and i left her go..

Yes the description sounds very promissing.

Heard some good things about Destroyer, sad that they hermed for you. But i heard that Reefermans SMCG also is a bit sensitive. Will try to produce some Seeds and then looking for a stress resistant Plant.

Dog Star

Veteran
Those wispy phenotipe of Destroyer was have great stone effects.. also those
wispy ones show like few nannas,not extreme just few.. maybe they are intersex
by defoult cause plant look more like male than female..

but still i belive in those phenos that they could produce special type of high,
really Holy Grail type..

window

Veteran

View Image
View Image
View Image

Wow, that looks a more extreme pheno, mine were done around twelve weeks but that guy has put it into words much better than I could, up but very relaxing with a very happy, grin inducing high.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Those wispy phenotipe of Destroyer was have great stone effects.. also those
wispy ones show like few nannas,not extreme just few.. maybe they are intersex
by defoult cause plant look more like male than female..

but still i belive in those phenos that they could produce special type of high,
really Holy Grail type..

Yes some of those fluffy wispy buds can have so great highs, but sadly sometimes it's hard to find plants with stable sex. Really curious what's to find in this SMCG line, maybe my personal Holy Grail. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Wow, that looks a more extreme pheno, mine were done around twelve weeks but that guy has put it into words much better than I could, up but very relaxing with a very happy, grin inducing high.

Yes this one is looking really extreme, think the High must be amazing.

I can remember that the Love Potion let music sounds so much better. Normally i listen to music for an hour and then my ears hurt and i need to stop, but on the LP i was listening to music for HOURS without wanting to stop. :D

How many SMCG you have growed?

window

Veteran
Only two, both were sexually stable, still got some beans left in the fridge, hopefully I get a bigger place next year and can start trying to preserve some of these lines I got as space is an issue for me right now.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Only two, both were sexually stable, still got some beans left in the fridge, hopefully I get a bigger place next year and can start trying to preserve some of these lines I got as space is an issue for me right now.

Ah sexually stable sounds great! Looking forward to a grow by you, the Buds you have shown are looking pretty awesome, nice golden color.

Have grown a Hawaiian Sativa x Mulanje Gold pheno on my last grow which needs 14 weeks to finish, so im prepared for a long flowering Sativa. :biggrin:

EvergreenState

Nice grow Pineapple. I'm growing Reeferman' Orange Pekoe Cambodian and I have a grow diary for that plant I'm working on right now. They are in the 11th week of flower and it looks like some of them could go up to 15 weeks, maybe more. They don't have that wild looking sativa type growth that you have. Yours kind of reminds me of Barney's Farm Dr. Grinspoon.
I've subbed and I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out for you. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts