What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto top-up kit

I want to use an auto top-up kit on my GT424 NFT system but I'm wondering, what EC should I make the solution? Would it be best to use say half the strength of the GT424 main res or the same strength?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
what medium are you running? is this for veg or flower? whats your current EC? need more info broh

"GT424 NFT system"

no medium, apart from a thin fibreglass mat called "tissue" in the fibreglass world IIRC.

You are on the right track OP, you want to maintain things as constant as possible, so a well set up auto top up should leave you with almost no work to do with pH or CF when you check it every day.

When I say check it every day, I actually mean check it several times a day, until you are completely experienced with it. For example, on hot days it will proportionately drink more water than consume EC, so you would set your top up EC lower...Keep notes.