What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

picture.php

EvergreenState

The Back to the Congo Deep Chunk buds were taken out of the jar to dry this morning for 2 hours. The humidity in the jar was 66%. They are getting close to where they are supposed to be according to the Perfect Cure thread that I was kindly directed to right here on ICMAG. According to that very informative thread, the best curing humidity in the jar is between 60-65%. So that is my target and I'm really looking forward to how these buds will turn out.
The sampling I've done so far from pheno #1, the most common pheno based on my grows, dried and has been curing about a week to ten days, is that this a medical marijuana. Not only that because it works on many levels but that is where it would have it's highest value. It is something you can smoke all day long if you want and there is no roller coaster. No getting punched in the mouth high and then a long come down leading to a crash. This is smooth sailing.
You rise up with a wave but the waves aren't huge and you ride the wave down and up again. It's what I imagine it feels like riding on a sailboat with a nice breeze pushing it along. Smooth sailing. You just keep topping it off at decent intervals and you keep riding the wave with no burnout.:peacock: Pain killing and relaxing with initial euphoria.

EvergreenState

This morning the humidity in the Deep Chunk pheno jar was 66%. So I aired out the buds for another two hours.
I dried them for 3 days and had a 68% weight loss. I put them in paper bags for 2 days and lost 4% more weight for a total of 72%, put them in a jar but after fours hours the humidity in the jar was 80% so I took them out of the jar and let them air out for 12 hours. The paper bags are suppose to pull moisture from deep in the buds and it did that. They felt moist and that's why the humidity shot up in the jar.
I put them back in the jar and 24 hours later the humidity was 73%. I aired them out for 12 more hours and back in the jar. The last few days I've aired out the buds for 2 hours a day and this morning the humidity in the jar was 66% so I aired them out for another 2 hours. When I can get a steady humidity in the jar between 60-65% for several days, then the cure starts. Then I can leave the jar closed for a month, except for the inevitable sampling, checking the humidity daily and they should be good to go.

thenewstyle

The deep chuck is looking real pretty evergreen!

hows the smell off your cookies kush? im on the last few nugs of her myself

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interested in seeing those opc, i regret not pulling the trigger on reeferman packs back when i had the chance!

EvergreenState

The deep chuck is looking real pretty evergreen!

hows the smell off your cookies kush? im on the last few nugs of her myself

Thanks newstyle. My Cookies Kush smelled sweet and they did smell like cookies or even candy. They lived up to the name and I would recommend the Cookies Kush to anyone.

EvergreenState

Thanks Infinitesimal. I'm going to be taking photos of OPC here in about 20 minutes. I try to take photos about 10 minutes before the start of the cycle. At nearly 10 weeks, end of week 9 is tomorrow, I have quite a few buds on a couple of the OPC'S that have a lot of brown hairs. It's water only for those plants until harvest. Several of the OPC'S look like they are going to go 12 plus weeks before harvest.

EvergreenState

The Humbolt Seed Organization 707 Headband. Day 69 of flower and it will probably come down either today or tomorrow. I will give it a full inspection when the lights come on and I'll make my determination then.
picture.php

EvergreenState

OPC'S day 69. Getting quite a few brown hairs on the buds on a few of the plants. Based on how they look right now I'm "estimating" a 12-14 week harvest window. About what you'd expect from a sativa.
I got waylaid on my way to take photos so I couldn't take them until the lights were on.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

On a closer inspection of the 707HB, I'm going to give it at least one more day; maybe 2. It's very close. So for me it was a 70 day strain.

EvergreenState

Oh and the humidity in the jar with my Deep Chunk pheno was at 64% this morning. No more opening of the jar because the humidity is in the recommended zone for curing. I'll check it daily and maybe open it once in awhile for a few minutes but it will be mostly closed for a month.

Last edited:
Nice thread Evergreen love hearing you’re carefull curing methods
I’m done this summers crop and working on my congola strain

Last edited:

EvergreenState

Love to give the Congola a try Richard. Let us know more about the strain. Love your work.
I thought I was finished with opening the jar in order to dry even more but the humidity in the jar this morning was 66%. The perfect cure thread mentioned that you want to get the humidity (stabilized) for several days before you close it up for a month of curing, or however long you want a particular strain to cure. So I'll have the jar open for another couple of hours and I'll be looking for several days in a row of stabilized readings before the jar remains closed.
I think I misjudged how much to dry them before jarring. I thought having a nearly 70% weight loss was enough to start the other processes, bagging and jarring. At 72% weight loss, after being in the paper bags, I really thought I was good to go with putting them in the jar. After all a 75-80% weight loss is considered to be DRY. So I thought I was close enough to the right amount of dryness to begin bagging and jarring.
The Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno buds are very dense and that surely has something to do with the slow drying. Airy buds would dry quicker so you have to use your own judgment based on your buds. This is probably like day 10 of this drying process and it is a slow drying process which is best, so I feel good that it will turn out well.
The Verde Natural video I posted a link to in one of my posts, talked about curing for different lengths of time for different strains.The guy who is in charge of the curing process for Verde said that he has found that 1 month of curing works for the vast majority of strains. He said that he had heard of guys who cure some strains for several months but he hadn't seen the necessity to cure that long.

EvergreenState

HSO top bud

HSO top bud

Honestly I really don't like trimming. I guess I'll have to get high, sip a beer and watch football. Life's tough but somebody has to do it.:biggrin:
picture.php