What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

And The 2017 IC Mag 420 Winners Are...

Skip

Veteran
Great feedback in the comments for growers/breeders!

Thanks for all the comments, it makes it easy for ppl to understand why entries finished as they did.

You'll notice any self-votes were not counted and highlighted in red.

Looks like everyone was honest as far as I can see, even the self votes.

MaxGrow

Thanks for getting the results online skip .. thumbs up! :)
Big thanks to Gaius for is work and all Judges and involved folks .. great job again!

Americangrower

Veteran
I have no dog in the fight but really ..you let contestants vote...Both Organic earth and Bezzel Hammered Huge with a 22 and a 28 thus sealing their entries.. not really fair to me.

Anyhow grats to the winners.

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
Hey everyone,

a real shame that i couldn't spend more time with the crew. anyways, it was nice to see ya all again :tiphat:

give thanks to all the entrants and the people helping behind the scenes!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i have to say, i was so relieved by the end of the awards that i totally forgot the forum. thanks Skip for keeping on top of it. i did click the results to on after the announcement, so i think judges got the results first :)

HUGE

Veteran
I have no dog in the fight but really ..you let contestants vote...Both Organic earth and Bezzel Hammered Huge with a 22 and a 28 thus sealing their entries.. not really fair to me.

Anyhow grats to the winners.

As far as I can see organic earth hammered everybody and his reviews were kicked out of my average, I have no complaints. Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event!!!

Americangrower

Veteran
As far as I can see organic earth hammered everybody and his reviews were kicked out of my average, I have no complaints. Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event!!!

Oh is that what the yellow means...well then Nice job IC family...I take back my previous post.

Grats winners

Skip

Veteran
The yellow indicates outliers. They are added to the totals. Only the red highlighted self-votes are not counted.

But yes, organic earth did vote consistently and explained the reasons. Remember, no two ppl respond the same, and some have a lower tolerance for cannabis that isn't medical grade or smokes poorly. Others just use a wider range to grade. There's no reason those outliers shouldn't be included unless the comments don't make sense and don't jive with what others said.

HUGE

Veteran
Aaahh, I thought because the total number was red, that it was kicked out. Understood.

The yellow indicates outliers. They are added to the totals. Only the red highlighted self-votes are not counted.

But yes, organic earth did vote consistently and explained the reasons. Remember, no two ppl respond the same, and some have a lower tolerance for cannabis that isn't medical grade or smokes poorly. Others just use a wider range to grade. There's no reason those outliers shouldn't be included unless the comments don't make sense and don't jive with what others said.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
these things are subjective, i think the voting looks consistent, but i do think next year we might disallow judges from voting even in the category they enter. it's less fun for entering judges, but it makes the competition even more transparent and honest.

Americangrower

Veteran

Skip I agree in part but the guy obviously was voting down the competition I mean he gave the Riri cut a 13...what more proof do you need then that unless you think Gaiusmarius can't grow...just playing Gaius.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

thanks for your help skip,,
always appreciated,,,
peace and regards s2

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Much thanks to G and All the IC crew and All the other entrants and winners :) I am very pleased with my beautiful cups and had a great time judging this year as well. I will post some cup pics and entry pics as soon a s I can. :tiphat: JBo :dance013:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the sativa pack quality was very high and tastes vary, it was a 4month old crop so yeah i was a bit surprised, but tastes differ in the end and some folks are very strict about small imperfections. i will analyze the votes closer, but as i say, sativa pack was incredibly good over all.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

as long as a judge use the same strict standard scoring system on everyone, it won't affect the average.