Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Something wicked this way comes

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Something wicked this way comes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2017, 06:58 PM #31
p5150

p5150 is on a distinguished road
AWSOME!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! makes perfect sense! now i can start building To be clear...in the future when im trying to dial the system in and i want to talk about air gap adjustment...the measurement point would be from top of rez level to??? ...top of rez bucket,,orr bottom of planter basin,, orr am i being too ticky tack on this??
p5150 is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 07:17 PM #32
p5150

i would like to share a little background so that you understand where my line of questioning is coming from...
My experience with growing consists of two 3K runs of Big Tokes Bio Buckets..... both runs where a Pineapple Kush... the first run was amazing (for me anyways),,,the second run was a root rot spider mite shit show.
I feel this info is pertinent as the first run the biggest problem i had was keeping the monsters away from the lights (8'ceilings). I have 3 xxl lights and I would like to head in an efficient direction (i am not afraid of work).....
so my question is in regards to light vs canopy management... bush, scrog,or what are your thought on that set up Superweed showed in his 12PPK??
and i have no problem doing what it tkes to raise the ceiling to 10' if that's optimal
p5150 is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 07:35 PM #33
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5150 View Post
AWSOME!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! makes perfect sense! now i can start building To be clear...in the future when im trying to dial the system in and i want to talk about air gap adjustment...the measurement point would be from top of rez level to??? ...top of rez bucket,,orr bottom of planter basin,, orr am i being too ticky tack on this??
the water level in the entire system is controlled by a float valve. the 3.5 gal buckets are 11" tall so a 7" water level gives you a 4" air gap.
delta9nxs is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2017, 07:48 PM #34
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
i would like to share a little background so that you understand where my line of questioning is coming from...
My experience with growing consists of two 3K runs of Big Tokes Bio Buckets..... both runs where a Pineapple Kush... the first run was amazing (for me anyways),,,the second run was a root rot spider mite shit show.
I feel this info is pertinent as the first run the biggest problem i had was keeping the monsters away from the lights (8'ceilings). I have 3 xxl lights and I would like to head in an efficient direction (i am not afraid of work).....
so my question is in regards to light vs canopy management... bush, scrog,or what are your thought on that set up Superweed showed in his 12PPK??
and i have no problem doing what it tkes to raise the ceiling to 10' if that's optimal
you started in bio-buckets? you must enjoy challenges! i'm a bio-bucket refugee myself and, like you, had some spectacular runs and some miserable failures.

i can remember staying up all night monitoring solution and checking on plants. worried to death that they were all going to lay down and die before dawn!

you will find the ppk boring by comparison. it's a standing joke among ppk users that we have to find time consuming hobbies because there is nothing to do but watch the plants grow.

about your ceiling and lights. i feel 8' is too low for horizontal lighting with most styles except for tightly controlled sogs and scrogs.

even though i have gone back to horizontal because of the de lighting i think vertical bare bulbs are the shit in a low ceiling room.

it would be helpful to know how big your space is and how many plants you want to run.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:39 PM #35
p5150

room is 11'x11'x8't with the ability to have rez, or others outside if necessary for space
p5150 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:06 AM #36
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

Quote:
room is 11'x11'x8't with the ability to have rez, or others outside if necessary for space
that's just about perfect for 4 plants and 5 vertical lights in the x pattern.

i've got friends here who pull 10 lb's regularly with that set up with a 4-5 week veg.

Old 01-07-2017, 04:02 AM #37
p5150

to be honest i'm really keen on your "perpetual" train of thought....... im not looking to break any land speed records... just something "Hand Built" that i can be proud of!!!!along with reaping the benefits of course
p5150 is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 11:04 AM #38
Ravenboy

Ravenboy will become famous soon enoughRavenboy will become famous soon enoughRavenboy will become famous soon enough
big + for recommendation of more vertical space !! I flipped at 12 inches, heavily LSTd plants, and they still got to over 4'. PPK plants grow REALLY fast.

my last grow (my first PPK grow) was in two - 2 meter high, 1 meter square tents. I went horizontal (have a lot of LED panels) and lst'd to keep the plants lower, which extends the veg period too much (heavy let slows them) . . I wish I could use my 9 foot high ceiling height but would have to build racks for lighting if I use LED panels horizontally. I can't hang them from the ceilings, I am in a rented apartment, and don't know if they can bear the weight, and don't want to find out the hard way (ceiling looks like 2 inches of plaster over 2 inches of concrete)

still Im not complaining about the yield even in a 2 meter high tent, but I will never see 4 pounds even from 6 plants (I did get 2 pounds 10 ounces from 6)
Ravenboy is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:25 PM #39
ozzieAI

ozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to allozzieAI is a name known to all
man i can only dream of having the set ups you do delta...but alas i can only look on and follow your grows...

keep on keeping on...

btw have to ask have you considered using leds?

cheers

If you are not paranoid...then you are not paying attention...

cannabis is not a crime...

It makes me smile...I really have to do this more often...
ozzieAI is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2017, 04:13 PM #40
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

Quote:
to be honest i'm really keen on your "perpetual" train of thought....... im not looking to break any land speed records... just something "Hand Built" that i can be proud of!!!!along with reaping the benefits of course
to run a perpetual you must have a dedicated veg room separate from your flower area.

with four plants in the 11x11 you could harvest a plant every 2-2.5 weeks.

but be aware that your biggest problem will be controlling pests. in a perpetual room you never have the chance to clear the room and do the scorched earth thing.

so you cannot wait until you actually see something on your plants to act.

you must pre-emptively treat your plants starting in early veg as soon as they are rooted.

i use dyna-grow neem and dr bronner's blue label castile soap at 1 oz neem to 1/2 oz dr bronner's soap per gallon and spray vegging plants every 4th day.

if you start early and stay religious this will not only control the bugs but will help prevent powdery mildew as well.

at flower they get swirskii mites.

back in dumbfuckistan i didn't even know any other growers and never received clones. everything started in house from seed. no one in the room besides mrs d9 and myself.

we ran years without ever seeing a pest. i did get spider mites pretty bad once. and thrips.

here in oregon I-5 should be called the Great Mite Way because there are probably more mites per mile than people. all traveling in comfort and style on clones in the trunks of cars.

but how you set up is all about you and your needs! you may have medical plant count limits that you want to comply with. you may live in dumbfuckistan and be dealing with sentencing laws based on plant counts.

i have run sog tables with 288 plantlets on them. but you can bet i was happy i only had seven plants when they finally did come through the door. with 12 plants minimum sentencing guidelines kicked in.

it was pretty funny though when the head narc sent a guy to cut down my plants holding a pair of scissors. he came back a few minutes later and said that he was going to need a saw. heh! heh!