What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Clear .............Thread!

LostTribe

Premium user
OMG so my bro has some 99% thc Genius solvent. So anyone got any idea how these dudes process this stuff down to 99 they said something about terpenes being solvents as well and I expect GW will chime in here and spread knowledge.

Seen these things called dragon balls that are likend to amber balls of fire!

LostTribe

Premium user
so they say it is solvent less and decarboxylated so that tells us that it uses higher heat and is pressurized....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Science mang.... I'll let some one like gw break it down.
.. From my attempts its all about having the right tools and there not cheap!!! I probably wasteda g or 2 playing around... To realize it was not a project I can cut corners on n backed out... Today they may have more affordable devices out there but I cut my losses...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG so my bro has some 99% thc Genius solvent. So anyone got any idea how these dudes process this stuff down to 99 they said something about terpenes being solvents as well and I expect GW will chime in here and spread knowledge.

Seen these things called dragon balls that are likend to amber balls of fire!

Fractional distillation to isolate the C-21 fractions, is how we get THC in the high 90's.

It's just been distilled. We put turnkey kits together and you just click a button and get everything you need for this process including tutorials and customer support to walk you through the process. It's surprisingly easy. It's just like how they make moonshine but with a good vacuum and some lab glassware.
The days of this being a secret or extremely expensive are over and in the future it will be a requirement of every concentrate producer in order to stay competitive.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
It's just been distilled. We put turnkey kits together and you just click a button and get everything you need for this process including tutorials and customer support to walk you through the process. It's surprisingly easy. It's just like how they make moonshine but with a good vacuum and some lab glassware.
The days of this being a secret or extremely expensive are over and in the future it will be a requirement of every concentrate producer in order to stay competitive.

Located in Hayward? Have a storefront? im in Hayward...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Yeah 26034 Eden Landing rd. Suite 2 (right off of 92)
We're not quite open for business yet (still moving things in) but should be setup there in a week or so.

Would like to check your place out, I support my local companies....

Looks like you not only sell turnkey systems, but consult as well?

Would like to check your place out, I support my local companies....

Looks like you not only sell turnkey systems, but consult as well?
Yes sir! I have a background in engineering so I can help out with almost anything. After we're open feel free to stop by and chat anytime. Thanks for the support neighbor.

Ya, only if they outlaw terpenes...
We'll have terpene extraction kits too. You just extract your terpenes first from your native plant material and then do your extraction and purification. It's a little more work but the result is a high terpene high purity extract with a lot more control of your consistency.

Old Gold

We'll have terpene extraction kits too. You just extract your terpenes first from your native plant material and then do your extraction and purification. It's a little more work but the result is a high terpene high purity extract with a lot more control of your consistency.

Lyophilizing or steam distilling?

Old Gold

Like this where they got a purity of purity of >99%. :tiphat:

Methods of purifying cannabinoids from plant material

I was gonna say I remember reading these before I ever touched tane and pane. It seems like the most efficient when going for that 99.999% would be a distillation followed by a column chromatography run. As for time, I don't know how quickly anyone is processing on that note.

But GW says upper 90's with just distillation. My question for you, kind sir, is - Are you confident 99%+ could be efficiently and consistently achieved with two distillation passes from, say, 30-60% thc-content crude oil?

cryptop

How viable is it to fraction THC, CBD, terpenes from a given flower/concentrate, then mix them all together?

Lyophilizing or steam distilling?
Vacuum steam distillation
But GW says upper 90's with just distillation. My question for you, kind sir, is - Are you confident 99%+ could be efficiently and consistently achieved with two distillation passes from, say, 30-60% thc-content crude oil?
I am confident that you could achieve 99+% cannabinoids if you continue to redistill it. How many times I couldn't say for sure because there's too many variable involved, but on average most people will hit 90+% purity on their first run.

How viable is it to fraction THC, CBD, terpenes from a given flower/concentrate, then mix them all together?
Generally the terpenes degrade with temps above 50°C so its best to extract them from the plant material first before extracting the cannabinoids.
It is possible (with a more extensive setup) to fraction individual cannabinoids but it is not viable at all. That's where chromatography comes in because its pretty easy and cost efficient. So if you want high purity cannabinoids then the short path will do it, but if you want to separate individual cannabinoids then go with chromatography. Using them both together would be ideal.

A6 Grower

Veteran
http://analytical360.com/m/concentrates/527820

Ive been making awesome distillates, i only put grease on my cow and receiving flasks. No grease or anything on the boiling flask and spd head. Ive been using a robinair 3cfm vac pump and usually pull down to ~1000 microns once reaction starts happening. The pump will pull down to 500 before reaction starts taking place. No vac regulator, just a digital cps vac gauge. Just let the pump pull full speed the whole time. Ihave an RV8 about to be rebuilt. We'll see how much better that will be. Personally i dont thin the edwards 30 is nessecary. Also this is all done using the hot and fast method. My main fraction is usually in the 225 range, and usually takes me about 45 minutes to yield 400ml of distillate.

Latest posts

Latest posts