What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpinator is not Unsafe to use

stonerbuboner

Just a quick FYI that the information circulating that the Terpinator is full of heavy metals and is unsafe to use is complete misinformation...

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=7211

It appears someone actually went to the trouble to alter the numbers and post it as fact to several sites. If you look closely at the numbers, the values actually indicate that the metals were beyond detectable for the given tests. Hope it helps.

BubbaBear

The only different numbers l see on the chart from the link you gave us and this supposed misinformation altered chart thats circulating the internet is selenium your chart list it at 5ppm the "altered" chart list it at 10ppm well big whoop, all the other values are the same and it still looks like Terdinator has a bunch of heavy metals in it to me. Besides that its a crappy product that doesnt work.:tiphat:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
...selenium your chart list it at 5ppm ...
It says that most heavy metals and the like are under the detection limit; indicated with a "<" . Though, the limit they have is very high or in other words, their instrument or method is crap. On the other hand, even if it would contain a few ppm, it's a concentrate and the final concentration would likely be below any garden soil and most tap water.

I wonder what's inside... only thing listed is potash but no inorganic counter ion. Maybe it just contains potassium citrate?

stonerbuboner

The only different numbers l see on the chart from the link you gave us and this supposed misinformation altered chart thats circulating the internet is selenium your chart list it at 5ppm the "altered" chart list it at 10ppm well big whoop, all the other values are the same and it still looks like Terdinator has a bunch of heavy metals in it to me. Besides that its a crappy product that doesnt work.:tiphat:

Perhaps you should read closer......

BubbaBear

I wonder what's inside... only thing listed is potash but no inorganic counter ion. Maybe it just contains potassium citrate?[/QUOTE]

I think its just sugar water, it smells a lot like Cutting Edge Solutions Sour Dee a sweetener thats also listed as potassium sulfate and happens to be from the same city as Rizoflora the pop up manufacturer of Terdinator out of Santa Rosa in northern California. I bet CES either tweaked and rebranded there sweeteners or someone got the formula tweaked it and ran with it.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Heavy metals or not, this product sucks.. just look at the label.. organic pot ash ROFL

Dont USA have label regulations, in the sence that they have to get the label approved and list the information required by the state laws. ?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I think its just sugar water, it smells a lot like Cutting Edge Solutions Sour Dee a sweetener thats also listed as potassium sulfate ...
Sugar water wouldn't be that bad... I'm playing around with different sugars (which cost nearly nothing though).
Can't be potassium sulphate as the analysis shows as good as no sulphur.
...just look at the label.. organic pot ash ROFL ...
What's wrong with organic certified (aka OMRI, not 'organic' in a chemical sense) potash? Just burn some OMRI certified plants and recover the water soluble ashes et voilà ;) .

BubbaBear

Heavy metals or not, this product sucks.. just look at the label.. organic pot ash ROFL

Dont USA have label regulations, in the sence that they have to get the label approved and list the information required by the state laws. ?

Each state varies so much with regulations that companies list very little of the actual active ingredients these days, less is more in the eyes of nutrient companies. California and Oregon have the strictest label regulations but still apparently dont require companies to list all of there ingredients. There's a lot of secret sauce in nutrients these days.

BubbaBear

Sugar water wouldn't be that bad... I'm playing around with different sugars (which cost nearly nothing though).
Can't be potassium sulphate as the analysis shows as good as no sulphur.

What's wrong with organic certified (aka OMRI, not 'organic' in a chemical sense) potash? Just burn some OMRI certified plants and recover the water soluble ashes et voilà ;) .

Yeah it says potassium sulfate on the bottle, that chart is pretty worthless. I see potassium sulfate on a lot of bottles that dont want to or can't list the the active ingredients. In Cali you cant list fulvic acid as a active ingredient so on my bottle of Heavy 16 Finish which is a fulvic product only list potassium sulfate in the ingredients.

bigbag

Veteran
Remo the Urban Grower did a control and had both flowers tested. the terpinated stuff was overall nicer looking and higher in THC and terps....( mind you I think he's sponsored by GP ;) )

HiFiGanja

Remo the Urban Grower did a control and had both flowers tested. the terpinated stuff was overall nicer looking and higher in THC and terps....( mind you I think he's sponsored by GP ;) )

Eh an industry guy doing a test on a product and approving of it while one of the distributors of Terpinator also carries his products. Yah ok...

relic1981

Veteran
distributor have nothing to do with the product but distribute it. just because he has a products marketed buy one of the same distributors dosnt mean the parent companies or producers of said products are connected. you would be better of using molasses at a fraction of the cost, especially if you want to be as organic as possible..

HiFiGanja

distributor have nothing to do with the product but distribute it. just because he has a products marketed buy one of the same distributors dosnt mean the parent companies or producers of said products are connected. you would be better of using molasses at a fraction of the cost, especially if you want to be as organic as possible..

GP has been promoting Remos Roots and he's promoting theirs, which is licensed by GP from someone else. Its a you scratch my balls I'll scratch yours.

I haven't seen him talk about AN too much since Ginos little incident and Mike buying out Gino and the other guy, so I guess he needed another vehicle to promote his products which in-itself is nothing wrong with untill they start cross promioting and making some claims no one can test.

Just a quick FYI that the information circulating that the Terpinator is full of heavy metals and is unsafe to use is complete misinformation...

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=7211

It appears someone actually went to the trouble to alter the numbers and post it as fact to several sites. If you look closely at the numbers, the values actually indicate that the metals were beyond detectable for the given tests. Hope it helps.

If you look closely this isn't even a link to the specs for terpinator. These are specs for raw kelp.

Here are the specs for terpinator:

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=7284

I just started using it with pretty good results.

However it turned my resevoir into a milky goopy mess when I started adding top shooter. I just did a sample res without the terpinator and its clear. It clogged up my system twice too.

I am seeing tons of crystals tho so I am trying to add in increments throughout the week

NEGT1

Bud Candy has cranberry extract in it I believe, point being it might be more than what's listed. Have never used it.

seems to be doing wonders for me. I am no plant biologist, but I believe plants as animals require heavy metals. Arsenic is required in very small doses for humans as well.

Here is my auto at 93 days. Been giving it 20+ml/gal terpinator since early flower.

I am feeding along with H&g aquaflakes lineup.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 18

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
there is a huge thread on thc farmer about this product. if i was to choose one though i would choose bud factor x bc it contains chitosan. chitosan is also in insect frass and would also activate SAR which in turn makes alot more trichomes since part of the plant we love so much defense is trichomes

Latest posts

Latest posts