What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Identifying The REAL Blue Dream

the closest thing you will find to the clone from seed is dj short's azure haze check it out it will take some time to select the right phenol but it will be there if you look deep enough

Have u guys tried out that pineapple dream? I have heard a few good reviews about and thinking about giving it a go. Idk 2 much about it but i kno the genetics are (Blue dream x Pineapple Express)

Croptober

Ya not looking like a blue dream or any sativa at that.

Here's some pics of a cut I picked up as platinum blue dream. Not sure about the platinum part but its definitely BD.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3778.jpg
    IMG_3778.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 14

Miraculous Meds

the closest thing you will find to the clone from seed is dj short's azure haze check it out it will take some time to select the right phenol but it will be there if you look deep enough

The hard part will be deciding which pheno to keep. As they are all amazing. Evergreen, blueberry!

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran

closest thing in seed form would be an s1 I would think. dj shorts is a remake with completely different parents.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
bluedream is SSH x Blueberry right?

blueberry from seed too, that dj short sold, and hit an ssh(mr.nice stock or greenhouse?), from the santa cruz area

azure has is the same ssh cut isnt it? except hit with the blueberry father pollen, the same pollen that made the father that hit the original blue dream, right?

do i have this wrong?

jayjayfrank

Veteran
but they both used the same SSH mother? i believe i remember DJ saying his son sourced the cut, not sure.

and i remember reading that it was an older SSH cut which is why im wondering if it was from GreenHouse Stock, before the Mr.Nice offerings

ime dj short stuff is very sensitive and needs a pheno hunt plus multiple runs to zero in on something nice. but it is nice, and very unique.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I though there was only one cut of Blue Dream out there.....

Dream Girl...

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
bluedream is SSH x Blueberry right?

blueberry from seed too, that dj short sold, and hit an ssh(mr.nice stock or greenhouse?), from the santa cruz area

azure has is the same ssh cut isnt it? except hit with the blueberry father pollen, the same pollen that made the father that hit the original blue dream, right?

do i have this wrong?

every plants genes are unique. by your logic you could recreate most strains with related stock to the parents.
even if you happened to have the same exact parents, no one plant is going to be genetically identical to the clone only. they might be similar, possibly better or worse but not the same.

the closest your gonna get is an s1 or a cross. djs might be similar but not as close as a cross or s1 would be.

St. Phatty

@St.Phatty

Are u doing a thread on ur blue dream grow? I definitely will sub that since blue is one of my top favorite strains. I dnt kno anything about the Humboldt but maybe urs will persuade me to give them a try

Only got one of them. Wasn't planning to do a thread.

But she may very well be a performer.

She was in a 3 inch cube, moved her cube onto a larger slab yesterday. Letting some of the smaller plants catch up with her, if they can.

This is from the HSO Fem seed that is called "Blue Dream".

Attachments

• HPIM0709-bdreAam.jpg
    HPIM0709-bdreAam.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
P

PNWorganic420

Dark heart Nursery in the Bay Area has the blue dream pheno with the thin leaves. Its the same one everyone in nor cal is or was growing. Its easy to get, the sell it at a number of dispensaries.

jushi22

I grew one pheno of hso blue dream. It had the classic blueberry haze taste with an ammonia smelling bottom end. It was tasty and potent daytime smoke. I lost it unfortunately. Luckily had a ggg grape puff herm on it so I can try to find her again.

Azure Haze is a f4 Blueberry and Blue Dream was a f5 BlueBerry. I think that's what DJ said.

yes this is correct, i would expect that there are some killer examples to be found the father used isn't identical but the mom is and the father used is from dj's blueberry stock. i would have to say that you would be able to find something just as good if not better considering the source dj short is a fucking master and knows what kind of offspring his crosses produce who ever bred blue dream originally made a cross and got lucky in there seed hunt that is why it's clone only. if anyone on the planet earth could re create this plant it would be DJ, but that is just my humble opinion