What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Identifying The REAL Blue Dream

MMJcali

Hey all,

In my quest for legit genetics I've seen a lot of shit relabeled and sold under false marketing.

Whenever I've seen a blue dream plant on the net, it's always had thin serrated sativa leaves... beautiful plant.

I just bought a clone a month ago from a highly reputable vendor that was labeled as Blue Dream (and they said it was verified), a month old today but it's growing heavily indica.

It's exhibiting the OG three leaf structure, leaves are super fat almost afghani. Amost looks like an LA Confidential to me.

Can post pics if anyone is interested in looking.

Anyway, is the real clone-only blue dream thin leaved or wide leaved? I have a new patient who requested Blue Dream and want to be sure I'm giving him the right stuff.

MMJ

Wendull C.

Veteran
My friend from the mitten called today bitchin about the same thing. Blue dream alleviateded his back pain when he was out west with me; sad to say he went home and has been assured twice by dispensaries he got the real deal but it is all just bull shit.
The real deal is a fast growing sativa Dom. With long skinny fingers that are a light green. The haze shows clawing in the leaf tips when given a good dose of ferts. The smell is hazy blueberry. The pistils are a light orange on light green buds.
I'm sure someone else can give a better description but that is my two cents you won't forget it when you get it.

The sativa (sometimes called 'Santa Cruz') pheno is the real deal, and it is all over the PNW. I have grown it out dozens of times now. Exquisite! Wendull nailed it on the description. Not sure where to find her in Cali, though...

Beastmode

Thats her and boy is she fast i love the middle finger all the colas get when finishing.
I call it the fuck yous,if you walk into a blue dream garden full of fuck youz then you've got the REAL DEAL buddy!!!!!!

im thankful

S

stix~

Blue.Dream. (sativa cut)

Blue Dream. (Indica.cut)

DSC00974_zps2348bd57.jpg

DSC00967_zps90b700ea.jpg

I am a huge fan of this strain. My friends tease me. It has been hugely popular and widely available in PDX so now the hip thing to do is say you're tired of it or that it's overrated. It is not overrated. People might get tired of it, and here in PDX we are buried with the best clone-onlys these days, but... it is still a pinnacle of drug cultivar cannabis genetics. It isn't a seedline; it's a single-plant masterpiece cultivar. I honestly don't believe in 'best' when it comes to rating different cultivars, but the number scale works very well. This girl is a solid 10.

In addition to what's been described (sativa pheno), this has been the happiest and easiest and most consistent plant I've ever grown. And I'm an old-timer. It runs about 9 weeks depending upon what you look for, grows quickly, is sturdy and has a perfect structure. It has no special dietary needs. It is heavy-yielding, has excellent flavor and smell and insane resin, potency and bag appeal. It goes bluish with colder nights. It IS dreamy.

The only negative I can think of is that spider mites find it delicious, but those little bastards will pretty much devour anything.

In time this will be available for purchase in cutting form for recreational smokers. It will take Oregon a while to sort their shit before cloneries will spring up, but it will be available. :tiphat:

Allendawg

I am a huge fan of this strain. My friends tease me. It has been hugely popular and widely available in PDX so now the hip thing to do is say you're tired of it or that it's overrated. It is not overrated. People might get tired of it, and here in PDX we are buried with the best clone-onlys these days, but... it is still a pinnacle of drug cultivar cannabis genetics. It isn't a seedline; it's a single-plant masterpiece cultivar. I honestly don't believe in 'best' when it comes to rating different cultivars, but the number scale works very well. This girl is a solid 10.

In addition to what's been described (sativa pheno), this has been the happiest and easiest and most consistent plant I've ever grown. And I'm an old-timer. It runs about 9 weeks depending upon what you look for, grows quickly, is sturdy and has a perfect structure. It has no special dietary needs. It is heavy-yielding, has excellent flavor and smell and insane resin, potency and bag appeal. It goes bluish with colder nights. It IS dreamy.

The only negative I can think of is that spider mites find it delicious, but those little bastards will pretty much devour anything.

In time this will be available for purchase in cutting form for recreational smokers. It will take Oregon a while to sort their shit before cloneries will spring up, but it will be available. :tiphat:

Broads Mites love it too, never grown it but seen it in gardens in Cali it's a beast an absolute monster of a plant.

I love Blue Dream, & He is right. The real deal is clone only but u will find sum crosses of it. Im not sure how close Humboldt seeds are to it but i know they sell blue dream seeds

@St.Phatty

Are u doing a thread on ur blue dream grow? I definitely will sub that since blue is one of my top favorite strains. I dnt kno anything about the Humboldt but maybe urs will persuade me to give them a try

lolryn

Veteran
I love Blue Dream, & He is right. The real deal is clone only but u will find sum crosses of it. Im not sure how close Humboldt seeds are to it but i know they sell blue dream seeds

I've grown HSO Blue Dream. It was nice, high yielding, sweet smelling, not really colorful.... then again it was my first grow ever. I then grew Bodhi's Dream Lotus (BDxSnow Lotus), the one I kept looked exactly like some of the pics in this tread. really nice structure with huge long colas. I had pretty insane yields, awesome vigor and smelled of blueberry muffins. That being said, I think Bodhi's was a much better representation of Blue Dream in seed form. Tf you're looking for real-ish blue dream in seed form, then I wouldn't go HSO personally.

MMJcali

A lot of good info here guys, thank you for all the help!

So now I'm pretty sure this isn't the real deal. Went in just before lights out (put her in flower yesterday) and stole these two pics. See what I'm talking about? It's a little too vigorous to be LA Con but is definitely afghan influenced...

I contacted him the other day and he was super apologetic, said he would get me some new cuts and let me know when they were ready, I followed up with him and never heard back. I'm going to give him a chance to sort this out before I put their names on this forum, but if it doesn't get sorted I'll let you all know the name of the collective so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

here she is:

I'm sure its dank, but definitely not what I need!!!!

MMJ

Attachments

• 20150118_095023.jpg
    20150118_095023.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150118_095013.jpg
    20150118_095013.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
I was certain hso wasn't the real deal. I do believe that bodhi's may be the closest to the real deal also. Bodhi always has dank. So i will give bodhi's dream lotus a try.. Thanks for the info lolryn