What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

av8or's PPK - First Grow

av8or

just looked through this whole thread. cant say i read everything but i skimmed it hard lol. i havent had space to run my big PPKs like i wanted to but i am getting a new spot in a couple weeks and im super pumped to get them up and running again. your thread and a couple others got me all fired up again. my first ppk setup i did 5 lights and 4 plants in the X pattern and got 5+ lbs off of 3600w. im looking to break the GPW mark this time with BIG LED COB arrays over each plant and also testing out some DE lights as well.

i think my COBs combined with the PPKs are gonna smash the GPW mark with a vengeance. these pics are of 1200w of COB covering a 4x8 and they are MONSTERS. each diode is only at ~38w. these are coming down in about 2 weeks and they are still getting bigger!

ps i really wanna start working my private pilot license soon. ive got a guy here who will do it for 6k and i can pay half down and the other half before i test out. 6k is a hell of a deal. i grew up in cessnas and i look forward to getting back up in the air. its like riding my motorcycle but better lol

thanks again.

Hope all is going well with the grow, boss. Did you start the flight training yet? Do you have plans for an aviation career or just hobby flying? I'd look into light sport rules if you're just flying for fun. I'm looking into building a personal 6 seater. But first, I'm buying a powered parachute. That looks like a blast.

av8or

Hi A8vor

What pump are you using here and how does it connect to the goodyear hose?

It's a sump pump. 1350 gph or similar. There was a fitting it came with that screwed right onto the the factory end of the hose. I don't use it anymore. Go mag drive.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Hope all is going well with the grow, boss. Did you start the flight training yet? Do you have plans for an aviation career or just hobby flying? I'd look into light sport rules if you're just flying for fun. I'm looking into building a personal 6 seater. But first, I'm buying a powered parachute. That looks like a blast.

havent started yet STILL. you know how it goes. something else ALWAYS comes up that takes priority. i grew up in cessnas so the drive is always there. i find myself staring at planes instead of the road when they pass over lol.

the time may come soon enough though. setting up 36 ppk sites right now, 12 per building :)