What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colors of Infinity

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everybody,

It's about time I start my own thread to document my gardens in one central location, instead of posting around in various threads all over the site... plus I'd like to have a place where I can post my thoughts and what current videos/documentaries I am watching and learning from, and converse with like minded people about such subjects.

here is the documentary that inspired the name of the thread and my video series, based on benoit mandelbrot and his discovery of fractal geometry ....

The Colors of Infinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6QU94xAb8
[YOUTUBEIF]Lk6QU94xAb8[/YOUTUBEIF]

Fractals The Hidden Dimension HD 1080p / Nova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmxJ1KDR_s0
[YOUTUBEIF]lmxJ1KDR_s0[/YOUTUBEIF]

right now I am growing several different varieties... I have mature plants of...

the "2013" Good Vibes cut
the Pearl #1 cut
7- Natasha Test Cross
3- Missing Link x Bubba Digi, from Dank.Frank
3- GN Thai Stick
28- Chimera's Highland Mex (Guerrero) x DJ's F4 BB
plus some seedlings of different varieties from Bodhi and DJ Short.

except for a few small outdoor plants, I don't have anything in flower at the moment, as most all the plants I have now are going to be clone donors... and won't be flowered til a little later if at all, in which case the clones will be ran trough the flowering room sooner than later.

for those who wish to catch up with where I am at so far with these varieties... here are some links to the various threads I have been posting in...

Good Vibes

Natasha

Chimera's Highland mex x BB thread

I just started posting vids on You Tube.... here is my first video, make sure to adjust the quality to 720P...

"Colors of Infinity" Episode #1... the title is you tube link :)
[YOUTUBEIF]4UoT_-Vy4lw[/YOUTUBEIF]

I will be regularly updating the thread here with typical pics and text as well as You Tube vids when they are produced... I need to focus more on keeping the cam steady... (I should get better at them with practice :tiphat:)... I hope you guys enjoy.

and of course feel free to leave any comments/questions on the documentaries or any of the plants.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll pull up a chair & check it out Infi . :lurk:
be good to finally see whats going on in your world :tiphat:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll pull up a chair & check it out Infi . :lurk:
be good to finally see whats going on in your world :tiphat:

I knew I could count on you guys showing up :D

thanks for stopping in... 'bout to poor some coffee and hit up a sesh :smoke out:

right now its mostly just a lot of vegetating and getting ready to take multiple cuttings of everything... which sucks cause I need to get something started in the flower room ASAP but right now that's being used to veg also... I have a few to many plants for the space I have set up right now.

been working on expanding into the other rooms but the damn daily chores eat up most of my time.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks,

I have many seeds from him... currently growing... I have Sunshine Daydream, Harlequin Bx and The V1 Tranquil Elephantizer Remix. :tiphat:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yeah D, good to have you along... pass it to the left hand side :smoke:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subbed........always enjoy your grows and value your thoughts on matters....now in one place. :woohoo:

all right

Subbed Sir :)

unreg, bugman, OakyJoe, thanks guys... I am glad there is interest :ying:

NICE VIDEO!

be back later for that nova episode!

thanks LyryC, you should really check out the colors of infinity documentary too, It goes a little deeper into mandelbrot and fractals than the nova episode... nova is more about illustrating fractals in nature and technology.

have you ever heard of gregor cantor, cantor sets and the cardinality of infinite sets? The shit all goes out the window if you can understand cantor and combine it with mandelbrot's fractal geometry.... basically measurement is an illusion and only exists relative to the scale on which you are working.... you can keep looking deeper and deeper at smaller and smaller scales forever... or divide by 2 forever and never get to zero.

L

Libeccio

just back from lurking around some other threads of yours... well, i'm definetely subbing this! :) really interesting, you really seem to be a dedicated person plus you reminded me of fractals and mandelbrot... i use to dig this kind of stuff a lot in the past. but -speaking about math as a representation of real life- i was more into fibonacci and the golden section, i tried to apply these math concepts to my real love: music (theory of harmony, spectral harmony, composition). sooo i am expecting a lot from this thread... ;) a toast to you, the infinite and the infinitesimal. :) (now i must watch the videos... :D)

L

Libeccio

have you ever heard of gregor cantor, cantor sets and the cardinality of infinite sets? The shit all goes out the window if you can understand cantor and combine it with mandelbrot's fractal geometry.... basically measurement is an illusion and only exists relative to the scale on which you are working.... you can keep looking deeper and deeper at smaller and smaller scales forever... or divide by 2 forever and never get to zero.

loving this. i haven't done serious math (except for music, which is math :)) in 15 years! at first cantor's nested interval theorem seemed totally useless to me... what a fool! :) right now i'm into this:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just back from lurking around some other threads of yours... well, i'm definetely subbing this! :) really interesting, you really seem to be a dedicated person plus you reminded me of fractals and mandelbrot... i use to dig this kind of stuff a lot in the past. but -speaking about math as a representation of real life- i was more into fibonacci and the golden section, i tried to apply these math concepts to my real love: music (theory of harmony, spectral harmony, composition). sooo i am expecting a lot from this thread... a toast to you, the infinite and the infinitesimal. (now i must watch the videos... )

loving this. i haven't done serious math (except for music, which is math :)) in 15 years! at first cantor's nested interval theorem seemed totally useless to me... what a fool! :) right now i'm into this:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51592&pictureid=1303001&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

thanks Libeccio,

I like learning... that's about all I can say.

I was going to get to fibonacci, Phi (that is my alternate hanlde) and biology... but gotta save something for later :D... after some more fractals and infinities I figured we would delve into a little quantum mechanics before making our way back here and then touch on the fibonacci/Phi relationships etc etc.

and yeah I just started... maybe almost a year ago casually teaching myself music theory... once I understood a little bit of the math side of it and the correlation between numbers and notes that fit within key it all became much easier to play and improvise... not that I am good at all :D

I know of a video where a physicist and a musician embed Phi all over into a metal song... once my bandwidth frees up I'll post if for you... I don't care for the song, but the way they use Phi is really really cool.

Peace,
Infinitesimal