What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Designing our SFMHD

grow nerd

Veteran
I'll chime in only with that it is very possible to modify an off the shelf microwave, but requires a extra special parts (can't yet go into details).

PeopleWish

revce-2013-0033_fig11.jpg

Pastelero

So it´s 2015!

Any updates on this topic? I saw Alpine still uses this technique, but in combination with CO2 extraction.

Is ist possible to refine extracts with this machine? First I thought you just can use it with plant material (nugs or trim).

Any idea?

MEMED

I havnt done anything with this. I still have the microwave. Never successfully debugged the software or fitted it with glassware. Id love to make it happen if someones got interest or skills hmu.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We were recently contacted by a company seeking a research partner for cannabis microwave extraction, but they had already cut a deal with a CA lab by the time I replied, soooo am now watching with bait on mah breath!

Apparently the EU manufactured unit, does a killer job on lavender, but hasn't been extensively tested with cannabis.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We were recently contacted by a company seeking a research partner for cannabis microwave extraction, but they had already cut a deal with a CA lab by the time I replied, soooo am now watching with bait on mah breath!

Apparently the EU manufactured unit, does a killer job on lavender, but hasn't been extensively tested with cannabis.

We had a meeting with a representative from Milestone yesterday, representing the ETHOS X. This time it was to sell us a unit, versus seeking a research partner.

The unit is made in Germany, so is probably well made, but it would appear that no data is available from them as to whether harvesting the monoterpenes using it, affects the quality of the subsequent C-21/22 extraction other than some decarboxylation.

Has anyone on this forum done such a test?

MEMED

I still have the old ethos collecting dust. milestone told me to call them about it a couple years ago and I fogot follow up as they didn't seem to interested in helping at our meeting, and I was pursuing spd hard. Figures now they are... Good luck gw. The tek is sound and I'm sure the material is fine for extraction after.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still have the old ethos collecting dust. milestone told me to call them about it a couple years ago and I fogot follow up as they didn't seem to interested in helping at our meeting, and I was pursuing spd hard. Figures now they are... Good luck gw. The tek is sound and I'm sure the material is fine for extraction after.

The salesman was advocating extracting fresh cut material for the best yield, and using the steam produced from microwaving the water present, to drive off the monoterpenes through a top vent, where it rose to a condenser, which diverted the liquid produced into a collection tube.

For sesquiterpenes and flavonoids, they used a bottom tap for collection, but techniques are otherwise the same.

I know if I put a piece of lettuce in the microwave and zap it, it comes out pretty limp from cells that were ruptured by the escaping steam, so wonder what the effect of opening up the cell contents to the solvent extraction would be.

There is nothing inside the cells that we covet, only things we try to avoid.

Latest posts

Latest posts