What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced nutes vs house and garden , what nute do you all like better ?

Right now im using advanced nutes m,g,b and some additives, very pricey,im getting ok results for my first grow my Cg says im doing well for sure , but i have had some ups and downs with my plants Def issues , It could be im just a newb and maybe just did not give enough or have not flushed enough , i dont know if its me or if advanced is not as complete as other nutes are ? . I have been told by a guy that sells AN and HG he said that i would be way better off if i went with HG next time it way better and alittle cheaper and they dont hype it up with fancy pictures . Im not sure because i just have no clue whats best . i mean they all must basicly have the same shit in them right ? so what makes one nute better than the other ? It is just price , Is it something better inside the bottle.

What should i go with next time around and why ? I have one more run with my AD nutes and then i might change because of the price of advanced. but i rather change because one performs better than another I dont want to change just for price issues , i want the better nute . that will help bring out the best in the genetics i have .

Thanks

Faint

IMO, Advanced Nutrients is NOT for medical growers. H&G will out perform it and cost you 1/3 that of AN.

I bet Advanced sinks in the next few years. Snake oil eventually comes out in the wash.

Go H&G!

Put me down for House & Garden as well as we have tested both nutrients brands extensivly over a 2 year period. Hands down H&G blew AN out of the water! No comparison really when you look at price and ease of use for H&G.

I also agree totally with EastCoastMeds in the comment about AN not being for medical grows......with that statement I am betting EastCoastMeds has some KILLER meds!!

Aqua Flakes especially is really great for DWC and RDWC.

Also, H&G will send you a sample kit to try them. All you need to do is request a "sample voucher" and pay 13 dollars for shipping and they will send you a bottle of everything they carry for whichever growing method you specify. I ordered one of these kits a while back and it allowed us to try the products first hand. AN wishes they even had such a program.

Put me down for House & Garden as well as we have tested both nutrients brands extensivly over a 2 year period. Hands down H&G blew AN out of the water! No comparison really when you look at price and ease of use for H&G.

I also agree totally with EastCoastMeds in the comment about AN not being for medical grows......with that statement I am betting EastCoastMeds has some KILLER meds!!

Aqua Flakes especially is really great for DWC and RDWC.

Also, H&G will send you a sample kit to try them. All you need to do is request a "sample voucher" and pay 13 dollars for shipping and they will send you a bottle of everything they carry for whichever growing method you specify. I ordered one of these kits a while back and it allowed us to try the products first hand. AN wishes they even had such a program.
they send sample enough for a whole grow ?

K

Kitsym

very kool info!

thnx for sharing that. i may have to give them a test.... i'm a longtime AN user and love their products but i don't like their changes and higher prices.... :thinking:

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
IMO, Advanced Nutrients is NOT for medical growers. H&G will out perform it and cost you 1/3 that of AN.

I bet Advanced sinks in the next few years. Snake oil eventually comes out in the wash.

Go H&G!

yes i use H&G whole line and costs me 1600 compared to AN at 3800...much cheaper and much better quality less bottles less confusing...

but if your a newb and want nice plants and a fert that has it all, why not go maxibloom? simple all in one fert that has it ALL, if you want to use supplements thats your chouce but you dont need

they send sample enough for a whole grow ?

They will send a full liter of the base nutrients and then smaller bottles of the additives. It is enough to finish a small grow cycle (couple plants).

Definatly enough to be able to tell if the nutrients work as advertised and are of quality grade.....

Between the two, it would be H&G. Been using H&G in coir for a while and have just had a very nice experience by testing Dyna-Gro.
I'll be using DG for a bit from the looks of it. :)

Ok i just priced Home and garden nutes and i was surprized that teh price was not much les than advanced nutes. I really need to find a great nute thats in my buget , I did teh advanced nute thing thsi time around and just can handle paying all this $$$ anymore . what are my options for a very good nute but not such a huge Price. I wil go organic if its cheaper and i get great reults with it or i wil stay with chem ferts but price is a factor here in my life. Im poor a shell and cant break teh bank anymore. i want to try house and garden but cant afford it right now. I thought it was going to be way cheaper than advanced ....I was wrong for sure... please if you knwo of a very complete cheaper nute that i wont be disappointd with I would love to hear about it. I might check out fox farm

spunion

Well I'm going to try and H&G and try to compare with the FF nutes I have left. FF works I just want something cleaner than can get better resin and swelling hopefully. Seems like FF's tiger bloom is too low on N so some strains get a deficiency (I just started adding a lil grow to level it out a bit more).

G

greenmatter

big mike's miracle in 14 bottles is complete and utter bullshit ....... not saying AN is trash, just way overpriced ...... and at least slightly overrated