Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Leave on stems?

Thread Title Search
Leave on stems? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 03:41 PM #1
dddaver

dddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond repute
Leave on stems?

I have always cured using big old pickle jars. Washed of course. I have a few. Then I just take maybe half ounce out at a time and put it in a smaller jar for smoking. But I have always left the buds on the stalks for curing in the larger jars after trimming off excessive fan leaf. Should I cure just the buds and cut them off the stems before curing?

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is online now Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 04:06 PM #2
I'mback

I'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of lightI'mback is a glorious beacon of light
I do! Why add more moisture than you need in your jars?

Some dry the whole plant at a time. I do not like this method as some branches will dry (be ready) out before others. I hang my buds my individual branches. When done I place individual buds in jars along with a hygrometer and a 62% boveda pack

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:11 AM #3
RB56

RB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to behold
I leave some stem on in the jars for handling and to hold some empty space in the jars so air can move around the buds.
RB56 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:05 PM #4
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
I gave up on bottles and use cardboard boxes.
I used to use bottles, (1/2 gallon) but only filled 3/4 full which was about 1oz.
1oz X 1 harvest = too many bottles..

Full bottles tended to mold if not burped very regularly and they make too much noise clanking against each other.

Snook is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:27 PM #5
RB56

RB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to beholdRB56 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I gave up on bottles and use cardboard boxes.
I used to use bottles, (1/2 gallon) but only filled 3/4 full which was about 1oz.
1oz X 1 harvest = too many bottles..

Full bottles tended to mold if not burped very regularly and they make too much noise clanking against each other.
Quantity is definitely a factor. I never harvest more than a pound at a time and process most of that for edibles. Means 3-4 ounces of bud gets cured at a time, easy enough in 1/2 gallon Ball Jars. More than that would be work
RB56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 PM #6
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
Quantity is definitely a factor. I never harvest more than a pound at a time and process most of that for edibles. Means 3-4 ounces of bud gets cured at a time, easy enough in 1/2 gallon Ball Jars. More than that would be work
I've gone the edible route but when I do eat (my)edibles, I do not require hourly updates of THC (vapes) for hours.. I like the 'head high' of the vapes more than the 'body high' of the edibles though.. and here in Florida, many have never even eaten dispensary 'edibles', let alone the stuff I make. I've gifted some to a few and like me a couple times before, have friends ready to get them to a hospital. At a party where I over ate, a partying ICU nurse, just knew I was having a heart attack. The high, the first time is very different, as you must know. We (Florida MMJ) only have crap oil and dry but it isnt anywhere near 15% THC maybe 10%. I can take a couple droppers full of their 1:9 ratio THC oil at night and still have to take NyQuil to sleep. Their ratio is 9parts THC infused oil and 1 part infused CBD oil but no idea how much cut that makes it liquid enough to vape. The oil is very vaguely described.and yes if one hits the 'pen' enough, you'll catcha buzz Its more (for me anyway) like a body high and I still go for my own grown floravapa.

Sorry, 1st vaping today.

Snook is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 05:06 PM #7
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
I can fit a lot more flower in the jars without stems.

Mold is a sign your moisture is too high. Dry longer before jarring and you can pack it away for years without mold.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 06:10 PM #8
iTHC

iTHC has a spectacular aura aboutiTHC has a spectacular aura aboutiTHC has a spectacular aura aboutiTHC has a spectacular aura aboutiTHC has a spectacular aura about
ever since i started putting my dried harvest in the freezer, ive never looked back, there is a really good thread on this on icmag..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186222

iTHC is offline Quote