Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Bug Identification (sorry no pics)

Thread Title Search
Bug Identification (sorry no pics) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2019, 03:58 AM #1
raphenilweed

raphenilweed will become famous soon enough
Bug Identification (sorry no pics)

Hello,
I work at a garden supply store and a customer dropped off some bugs in isopropyl alcohol for identification. I used our microscope and was able to see what resembled a wasp. Unfortunately our digital microscope camera hasn't been able to work correctly so I can't share a photo. IKR! What is this 2012 or something but anyway... You can see them visible to the eye but not shape. The one damaging wasp I found was a Gall wasp but is far too large to be the ones being identified.

The customer saw these on the soil and did not notice any damage other than the thrip and aphid damage he was already aware of. The bugs looked wasp like; body shape hairs coming off body, 6 legs, antennae and those big eyes.

Any tips in the right direction appreciated!
raphenilweed is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2019, 02:51 PM #2
buzzmobile

buzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud of
Could be a predator wasp. Some common ones: Encarsia formosa; Aphidius colemani; Ichneumon wasps (lots of species in this family).
buzzmobile is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:19 AM #3
raphenilweed

raphenilweed will become famous soon enough
Hey thanks for the response! It resembled most to the colemani but the samples i viewed were a fraction the size of an aphid. That may what be throwing me off. Im not certain of the size relevance to zoom magnification.
raphenilweed is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 09:58 AM #4
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
If you can possibly get a picture, this website has been around forever in internet years.
https://www.whatsthatbug.com/ask-whats-that-bug/
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote