Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD > How to modulate THC effects with CBD?

Thread Title Search
How to modulate THC effects with CBD? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2019, 05:05 AM #1
Mandelbroot

Mandelbroot is on a distinguished road
How to modulate THC effects with CBD?

Hello

I am a new user.
Im from Spain and im trying to learn how to use medical cannabis.
In my country cannabis is illegal. You can have good weed if you grow it by yourself or you can buy low quality hash and weed in the streets (bad option). Also, ther are a very small amount of smokers clubs but it is difficult to be acepted is these clubs.
You can buy CBD oil, e-liquid and extractions in specific shops. Its legal, but the THC amount must be less than 0, 2%.
Im interested in treat my long-term depression and anxiety with cannabis. I have been acepted in a smokers club but all the weed strains you can find there are very THC high (15%-25%). Its not possible to find strains ratio 1:1 THC/CBD so here comes my question:
i need to reduce the amount of THC of the weed so I was thinking about combinate CBD oil via sublingual+smoking weed (joint or vaporised). Do you think some CBD drops taken befor smoking can modulate or reduce the impact of THC from a joint?Has anybody experience about this?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Mandelbroot is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 05:17 PM #2
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of light
grow cannatonic or resin seeds. they're from spain.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:46 PM #3
Mandelbroot

Thank you so much for your advice. Actually im not able to grow my own weed because i dont have a place neither equipment or resources

Old 05-22-2019, 07:54 PM #4
Mandelbroot

I will try to use weed from my new private smokers club, but i have found there only high THC/ low CBD strains so i was thinking about combinate CBD oil and regular weed but i dont know how to proceed about dosage and use

Old 05-22-2019, 08:08 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
I've found using high CBD cannabis in the mornings helps regulate at least most of the day. I'm sure any quality CBD oil would have the same effect, when used in the mornings the same way.

I can definitely tell when I don't have enough CBD, and definitely when I've had too much THC.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 08:12 PM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelbroot View Post
Hello

I am a new user.
Im from Spain and im trying to learn how to use medical cannabis.
In my country cannabis is illegal. You can have good weed if you grow it by yourself or you can buy low quality hash and weed in the streets (bad option). Also, ther are a very small amount of smokers clubs but it is difficult to be acepted is these clubs.
You can buy CBD oil, e-liquid and extractions in specific shops. Its legal, but the THC amount must be less than 0, 2%.
Im interested in treat my long-term depression and anxiety with cannabis. I have been acepted in a smokers club but all the weed strains you can find there are very THC high (15%-25%). Its not possible to find strains ratio 1:1 THC/CBD so here comes my question:
i need to reduce the amount of THC of the weed so I was thinking about combinate CBD oil via sublingual+smoking weed (joint or vaporised). Do you think some CBD drops taken befor smoking can modulate or reduce the impact of THC from a joint?Has anybody experience about this?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I asked a member with that question....hoping you'll get a reply soon. His response above.

My take is do the CBD (capsules/tincture, etc.) first and if you are at a social club, just imbibe a little at a time (joint, blunt, etc), those strains that are predominately high thc. Just gauge how you are feeling. You'll find the right combo of CBD/thc....it just takes time and adjustment of either/or thc and CBD.

Good luck!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 03:00 AM #7
Mandelbroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
I asked a member with that question....hoping you'll get a reply soon. His response above.

My take is do the CBD (capsules/tincture, etc.) first and if you are at a social club, just imbibe a little at a time (joint, blunt, etc), those strains that are predominately high thc. Just gauge how you are feeling. You'll find the right combo of CBD/thc....it just takes time and adjustment of either/or thc and CBD.

Good luck!

This is a very helpfull advice for me. Thanks a lot.

My daily medication includes antidepressants (sertralin 150 mg) and ansiolitics (alprazolam 3 mg). I started with this almost 20 years ago, so now I have a big adiction and the medication seems to lose its efficiency. One month ago I began to take CBD oil just ocasionally when i feel anxiety peaks. I take 3% CBD oil from Enecta, 3 to 5 drops at night two or three times at week.

https://www.enecta.com/collections/c...ts/3-cbd-oil-1

I estimhere comes my idea: i can calculate how much THC can contain joint of an specific strain using this tool:

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-...hc-calculator/

For example, in my social club I can have Black Jack weed. In a 0,2 gr. joint there is a value of 14 THC mg. I can take 10-15 drops of my CBD oil before smoking. I feel that CBD, in my personal experience, begin to show effects in 20-30 minutes so I can take the drops, wait 30-45 minutes and then try just one toke of the Black Jack joint and then gauge how I feel.

Do you think this is a good strategy?
Im so afraid of panic attacks and hard psicoactive effects, but im interested in the very helpfull and pleasent antidepressive effect in that you can find in cannabis.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:07 AM #8
Mandelbroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I've found using high CBD cannabis in the mornings helps regulate at least most of the day. I'm sure any quality CBD oil would have the same effect, when used in the mornings the same way.

I can definitely tell when I don't have enough CBD, and definitely when I've had too much THC.

Thank, Douglas.

So if I take a few CBD oil drops in the morning I cawill able to feel a reduction/modulation on the THC effects of a joint in the evening?
I have a very low tolerance to THC but I like some of its effects in a mild amount. I love creativity and relaxation but I hate paranoia and anxiety.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:04 AM #9
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
If you are prone to panic attacks, go with a hybrid or more indica dominant strain.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 05:16 AM #10
Mandelbroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
If you are prone to panic attacks, go with a hybrid or more indica dominant strain.

Thanks,Aribud.

Ive heard that indica strains are indicated to reduce the excess of mental activity and give a break to the brain...thats what im looking for.

The personal in my smokers club recommended me Black Jack grown outdoors (hybrid 50-50 sativa-indica) but i will ask them for a more indica dominant strain. They told me about some hash made from 100% indica that they have in the dispensary.