Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Orange Grove guerrilla grow

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Orange Grove guerrilla grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2019, 10:42 AM #1
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Orange Grove guerrilla grow

Spring is here! And we all know what that means... Time to get out in the bush, get our hands dirty, and backs sore.

This year I will be growing a strain that I grew out last season and really liked... Orange Grove

This strain has a thick stalk, tight internodes, good pest resistance, thick buds with a lot of resin, and an unmistakable orange smell. It was very hardy for me and took lots of abuse... I neglected the males (no food or water) growing out of contractor bags for a month and they kept on kicking much longer than they should have. The only issue I had was with botrytis, but I pollinated the females to create more seeds which led to more mold. This year I plan to weed out the males and do a garden of just ladies.

Seeds are ready and were wrapped in a damp paper towel then put in a bag to germinate tonight.

Let the season begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	494314
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:17 PM #2
green-genes77

green-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud ofgreen-genes77 has much to be proud of
Sounds like a nice plant, beautiful looking seeds too! Do you know anything about its heritage?
green-genes77 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 PM #3
Rab.C

Rab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to behold
Hey JustSomeTomatoes all the best with the grow.i am subbed for the show this is going
too be great Rab.C

Old 05-18-2019, 05:29 AM #4
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud of
cool sounds good! Isnt that a deep chunk hybrid? Got any pics from last year?

Old 05-18-2019, 07:36 AM #5
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-genes77 View Post
Sounds like a nice plant, beautiful looking seeds too! Do you know anything about its heritage?
Thanks, the lineage is Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush x AE77 CaliO x Deepchunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab.C View Post
Hey JustSomeTomatoes all the best with the grow.i am subbed for the show this is going
too be great Rab.C
Thanks for stopping by man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
cool sounds good! Isnt that a deep chunk hybrid? Got any pics from last year?
Yep, it's 1/4 Deep Chunk. Here's a 7 foot female from last year...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0547.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	494378

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:30 AM #6
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

Checked on the seeds and it looks like they are viable. I'm going to transfer the ones with tails to starter cups tonight and leave the unpopped ones in the paper towel another day or two.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0072.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	494542

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:39 AM #7
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud of
Cool! Looking good! What is AE77 and Cali O? I've heard of cali O. Does that have sativa influence. Deep Chunk is great for breeding programs! Needs just a touch of sativa! Thanks or sharing, brother! Looking forward to watching! Got the soil prepped at the plots yet?

Old 05-21-2019, 05:33 AM #8
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Cool! Looking good! What is AE77 and Cali O? I've heard of cali O. Does that have sativa influence. Deep Chunk is great for breeding programs! Needs just a touch of sativa! Thanks or sharing, brother! Looking forward to watching! Got the soil prepped at the plots yet?
AE77 is a particular clone of CaliO (California Orange) that was gifted to Cannacopia seeds by Chimera. They used it to do the cross to Deep Chunk. I don't know a ton about it, but it supposedly reeks of oranges and the smell carries well through crosses. From what I know there is some Sativa in there. Here is a thread on it...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=304028

Orange Grove wasn't created by me, it was gifted to me by another grower on the forums that did a LVPK cross to Hindu Kush then crossed that to Cannacopia's cross. The result is Orange Grove...The seeds I'm running now are f2's (Orange Grove X Orange Grove) made from last years crop.

I haven't made it out to dig yet. We've had an insane amount of rain I'm waiting on to die down, and I'm waiting for the foliage in the woods to thicken up to give me more security and cover. I'm hoping to have them in the ground around mid-June.

I decided to wait another day to pot everything up. Out of the 27 that were put in there 26 seeds germinated, with several quickly putting out a nice tap root and casting off their seed shells. No problems with helmet head here. I selected the strongest and healthiest 15 out of the bunch to pot up, then I culled the rest. The soil I used was Happy Frog straight from the bag, no amendments. They were given tap water with an added drop of pH down and a pinch of Jack's Classic Blossom Booster.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0073.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	494705 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	494706 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	494707

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:46 AM #9
Rab.C

Rab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to behold
hey Justsometomatoes there off too a good start all the best Rab

Old 05-26-2019, 01:59 AM #10
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

So, 14 of the 15 seeds have sprouted. I'm going to give the one a few more days to pop up, if not it's getting culled and the others will be taken to a growing spot I use for seedlings for a few weeks to mature before I bring them in to flower so I can sort out the males.

I plan on doing 4-5 females at the plot this year, not a lot but enough to provide me with meds until next year. Last year I did male and female mixed at the plot to make more seeds. Too many plants and seeds for me to deal with lol.

We've been having storms on and off all day. The rain this spring just won't back down. One of the bridges I use to access the plot has been closed because of flood damage. I don't see drought being a problem at all this season.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0082.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	495130 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0094.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	495131

3 members found this post helpful.