Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Thread Title Search
Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2019, 08:33 PM #1
iBogart

iBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of light
Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

So this topic came to light after watching a recent episode on the Adam Dunn Show on youtube. Apparently this story is blowing up on Instagram, but I don't use IG, I'm more OG internet I guess. lol.

Anyway, this is kinda always been a fear of mine. That some day under the guise of a legit company, through patent laws and a bunch of other legal bullshit, the cannabis plant will go so mainstream and corporatized and be sucked up by monsanto and scotts and push all the passion out of the plant as well as those that worked under prohibition out as well. It's really sad to see this unfold before my eyes. Check the link for more on the story that's developing and remember to vote with your dollars.

https://cannabisnow.com/phylos-biosc...-announcement/
iBogart is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:57 PM #2
iBogart

iBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of lightiBogart is a glorious beacon of light
Phylos youtube video on their intentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=r7DHkfT8Oh0
iBogart is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:52 PM #3
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
i figured there were ulterior motives for collecting those dna samples, now we know.

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2019, 09:56 PM #4
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud ofEmperortaima has much to be proud of
Riot has been shining light on this topic doing an interview as well as a very thorough investigation check out Riot Seeds on IG and get the scoop on the phylos issue which i do concur with how Riot thinks on this it's fucked

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:01 AM #5
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Huuuummm, not a large audience and folks leaving the room!!! They also bred out the nutritional value of our food.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:48 AM #6
Henry_420

Henry_420 will become famous soon enough
This is worth your time.
Especially pay attention from 11:00 all the way to 16:00.

Phylos CEO basically explains how they acquired the data they needed from their testing clients.

He goes on explaining how this aggregated data now creates a barrier to entry protecting them from competition.

Their board of advisors are specifically appointed to facilitate a future acquisition (upon federal legalization) by one of the Big 4 Ag companies, which are Syngenta, Dow Dupont, Bayer and BASF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DHkfT8Oh0
Henry_420 is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 04:16 AM #7
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_420 View Post
This is worth your time.
Especially pay attention from 11:00 all the way to 16:00.

Phylos CEO basically explains how they acquired the data they needed from their testing clients.

He goes on explaining how this aggregated data now creates a barrier to entry protecting them from competition.

Their board of advisors are specifically appointed to facilitate a future acquisition (upon federal legalization) by one of the Big 4 Ag companies, which are Syngenta, Dow Dupont, Bayer and BASF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DHkfT8Oh0
Kinda like social media no?

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 04:25 AM #8
Dawgfunk

Dawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really niceDawgfunk is just really nice
What really upsets me about this story is the fact that these cats are gonna be speed racing through breeding projects and, yea while they’re not claiming ownership over your strain, they’re taking complete advantage of all the old schoolers who paid their dues and put in the real back breaking work, went to prison and lost their families due to a stupid drug war, yea theyre not even thinkin about those guys. He’s sellin all them out to big ag. Your strains (are gonna make me rich, and all I had to do is look under a microscope). I would like to say thank you to mr gegax tho, wherever you may be. That’s one of the true pioneers in my eyes, and the ppl who ran those projects, they brought the new generation of weed, not these phylos clowns...don’t care how good it is. BREEDiNG??? These cats aren’t even gonna be popping beans!!! They are a joke in my opinion.
Dawgfunk is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:41 AM #9
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
I'm being funny here, I know lots of good people would go to jail if something like this happened. But wouldn't it be great if, for instance, Trump loses the election in his final month in office. He sends the Attorney General and and the DEA after a few big corporate companies like Phylos. Just to fuck them up, take every last dime and destroy all their plants and data, because they're liberals growing dope in a legal state? Go after the big, big investors and wipe them out? I know I'm being a grumpy, bitter old man right now but I feel we have the right to be after all we've gone through. None of those assholes were going to NORML meetings 25 years ago..
therevverend is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:46 AM #10
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
I'm being funny here, I know lots of good people would go to jail if something like this happened. But wouldn't it be great if, for instance, Trump loses the election in his final month in office. He sends the Attorney General and and the DEA after a few big corporate companies like Phylos. Just to fuck them up, take every last dime and destroy all their plants and data, because they're liberals growing dope in a legal state?
^^^ That won't happen.

Phylos and it's partners have had DEA approval for long time now and we'll leave it at that.

How many solo cups does one need?

Who created the Original Skunks?
troutman is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.