Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > The little sprout that maybe could

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The little sprout that maybe could Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2019, 04:33 PM #1
JockBudman

JockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the rough
The little sprout that maybe could

Ok so I'm high fucking about with my soil mix I've made from coco, old soil, ewc and moorland gold organic compost and found this little fucker just chilling in the soil

Pretty crazy eh? I've seen the thread about using ewc to germ old seeds but I've never tried it - apparently it's worked.

I have no idea what strain this could even be by the way. No idea how a seed got in the mix.
Still, I've potted it up as the insides of the leaves are still a bit green so I'll keep this updated til it flowers out or dies.

I made this soil last weekend so this sprout has been in about a week - it's amazing to me that it's survived. I think I might try chucking hard to germ seeds into my soil mix bags in future, seems like it's the way to go

JockBudman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:25 PM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck little feller Choo, choo

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2019, 06:29 PM #3
JockBudman

JockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the rough
Right, in the last 24 hours I've dropped this thing 3 times, including bending the stem so hard it was just flopped over and dead looking. It gave no fucks

Whatever this is it's determined to live

Old 04-29-2019, 06:13 AM #4
Daedalus+

Daedalus+ is on a distinguished road
POWERFUL!!
Daedalus+ is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 07:28 AM #5
Mart

Mart will become famous soon enoughMart will become famous soon enough
Mart is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 AM #6
JockBudman

Well, it's still alive and growing.

Hopefully it'll root out enough to be potted up in a few weeks before I go on holiday then I'll be flowering once I get back and we can see if I'm getting an extra female or need to commit murda on a man.

I've had a think as well and come up with a few candidates for where the seed came from. I've had a lot of seed kicking about lately as I'm doing a bit of breeding.

Wispy X Afghan Kush - wispy is a clone I held until recently that came from a pack of ace mix. Possible orient express cross. I binned it after the second run as the high was too weak for me but she still got hit with stray ak pollen. Possible but the least likely I think.

Mango X AK - again, Mango is another selection by me that came from a pack of mandala safari mix. My personal favourite at the moment, lovely tropical scent and flavour that has mango right at the front and a high that sends you spinning and giggling. Great for hiking, biking and getting shit done. This cross was intentional as I was interested in seeing if I could bring down the flower time without losing the good high.

Afghan hash plant X AK - the whole reason I made seed. I had two freebies of each, Barney's Afghan hash plant and world of seeds Afghan Kush. I ended up with two females and one wos ak male who is the stud in all these crosses. The idea with this cross was to teach myself to collect pollen and breed plus create my own Afghan gene pool I can find breeders and keepers from, as well as make some nice black hash. In future I'll be pollinating whenever I run this line to keep myself in seed and allow genes to mingle, slowly selecting the seed of the best mums over time.

I'm 50/50 on whether it's the mango cross or Ahp as I dropped seeds from both those plants whilst checking for ripeness. I dropped wispy ones as well but I don't remember doing so after I made the soil. I should be able to tell later on in veg and if not, once flowers start to form.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:43 AM #7
big315smooth

big315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant future
i got couple runts i refuse to give up on them hopefully they grow into gorgeous ladies
big315smooth is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 02:36 PM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
I pop 4 beans at a time and there seems I always get a runt/run :( I had an AC/DC that took 2 weeks before developing its 1st serrated leaves from germination. The others had already been fimmed for the 1st time..

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 11:51 PM #9
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Jock,
YAYYYYY! Good luck! -granger

Old 05-05-2019, 10:17 AM #10
JockBudman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
I pop 4 beans at a time and there seems I always get a runt/run :( I had an AC/DC that took 2 weeks before developing its 1st serrated leaves from germination. The others had already been fimmed for the 1st time..

I've had that too. Usually they turn out to be decent plants but it's a lot of money and time to find that out.

It's why I'm buying and working mainly with regs now - only fems I use are freebies and I won't breed with them.
People always say the runts can be great smoke and it's true because I've saved some myself in the past but then most of us only do because fems are much more expensive and most only run one or two seeds of a variety at a time. With regs I can run a pack, breed my own f2s and easily find what a runt would have given but with better vigour.

I've only done these few crosses with very small plants and still have enough seeds just from the Afghan lines to run nothing but Afghan crosses for years.

I won't, 😄 but I could