Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Website Support > Thinking about making Animated GIF with plant pics

Thread Title Search
Thinking about making Animated GIF with plant pics Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2019, 11:45 PM #1
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Question Thinking about making Animated GIF with plant pics

Just want to see if an animated GIF will 'play' on this software.

Guess so !

Using Flash CS4 as the tool to collect the images into the GIF.
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled-1_123123_anim_gif.gif

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:56 AM #2
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
awesome idea,man!
i know photoshop also has an option to make a gif file out of the layers in an image and im sure there are a few freeware/shareware programs out there that you can use to animate files
pop_rocks is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:56 AM #3
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Bench Warmer has done this very thing with photos in his threads. Full rotational 360 degree views of the plants.

It's a great idea, but when using VPN/TOR, the images tend to be very jumpy. The other aspect, still images really allow you to focus in on a certain point of the plant you want to see closer or in more detail.

It's neat and fancy - but I think I still prefer standard images. Told Bench this too, much to his disappointment. LOL. I just went back and looked at his thread and he pulled them down.

I think you start putting a lot of larger .gif files on the same post or page and it really slows things down.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2019, 09:32 PM #4
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor

start Feb 27.
Attached Thumbnails
333_start-022719_+__.gif

Old 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM #5
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
Bench Warmer has done this very thing with photos in his threads. Full rotational 360 degree views of the plants.

It's a great idea, but when using VPN/TOR, the images tend to be very jumpy. The other aspect, still images really allow you to focus in on a certain point of the plant you want to see closer or in more detail.

It's neat and fancy - but I think I still prefer standard images. Told Bench this too, much to his disappointment. LOL. I just went back and looked at his thread and he pulled them down.

I think you start putting a lot of larger .gif files on the same post or page and it really slows things down.

dank.Frank
I 'd like to figure how to do this. I've got a grow coming up I'd like to do a timelapse with.

Don't worry. I'll take plenty of stills as well.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 04:00 PM #6
St. Phatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT_BUD? View Post
I 'd like to figure how to do this. I've got a grow coming up I'd like to do a timelapse with.

Don't worry. I'll take plenty of stills as well.
Flash Pro CS4 is what I use.

It does a bunch of stuff, including exporting as an animated GIF.

It's also sort of an antique.

As far as how to get it - Adobe used to have free 30 day trials.

I think they stopped that.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:08 AM #7
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
Flash Pro CS4 is what I use.

It does a bunch of stuff, including exporting as an animated GIF.

It's also sort of an antique.

As far as how to get it - Adobe used to have free 30 day trials.

I think they stopped that.
yeah, i think adobe stopped supporting flash a while ago but there are still a lot of freeware/ shareware gif animation programs available
it helps to have an image editing program as well, photoshops has an export to gif feature that allows you to create animations from the layers in a file
pop_rocks is online now Quote

Old 06-15-2019, 07:49 AM #8
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
https://agentpothead.com/outdoor.gif
I just used a program called PhotoScape just combining all the jpgs from each week.
https://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php
I got a tent camera setup to take pics every hour, but it was killing my battery so I need to rewrite that code and I've just been distracted with so many other projects.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:44 PM #9
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
https://agentpothead.com/outdoor.gif
I just used a program called PhotoScape just combining all the jpgs from each week.
https://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php
I got a tent camera setup to take pics every hour, but it was killing my battery so I need to rewrite that code and I've just been distracted with so many other projects.
Thanks.

I've got a new tent on the way and want to take one picture a day to document the first grow in it. I think it would look pretty good at 2 frames a second.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2019, 03:12 PM #10
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivor
I used photoshop, it can somewhat allign the pictures.

3 members found this post helpful.