Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

Thread Title Search
True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2019, 02:19 AM #911
Mr D

Mr D has disabled reputation
Can someone tell me the logic behind processing flowers in to a toxic mix to vape?

Reminds me of grains that are processed in to unhealthy crap then "Fortified" with some of the vitamins and minerals stripped out during processing. End result is type 2 diabetes.
Mr D is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM #912
beta

beta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
Can someone tell me the logic behind processing flowers in to a toxic mix to vape?

Reminds me of grains that are processed in to unhealthy crap then "Fortified" with some of the vitamins and minerals stripped out during processing. End result is type 2 diabetes.
Have you ever heard of the Dunning Kruger effect? People who aren't educated about something tend to think they know more about it BECAUSE of how little they know.

That's like you with nutrition. You speak as if you have some knowledge or authority, but it is very VERY clear that you are talking out of your ass.

imo you shouldn't say things are true when you don't know if they are.

Type 2 Diabetes is NOT caused by processing or fortification. Not even a little bit.

This kind of misinformation isn't just annoying, it's straight up dangerous.
beta is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:42 PM #913
zanog

zanog will become famous soon enoughzanog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Have you ever heard of the Dunning Kruger effect? People who aren't educated about something tend to think they know more about it BECAUSE of how little they know.
That's like you with nutrition. You speak as if you have some knowledge or authority, but it is very VERY clear that you are talking out of your ass.
Type 2 Diabetes is NOT caused by processing or fortification. Not even a little bit.
I second this, absolutely, you can sound credible for some people because you are confident about stuff you can't prove. It is huge responsibility, think about it.
Quote:
Anyways, I don't know about toxic(there is legally and practically), the answer you were looking for is money, one of the main motivators for anything.
zanog is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 09:56 PM #914
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Good questions, though some of the support reasoning falls apart under close scrutiny.

Why not just smoke the weed!!

One reason for me is the bronchitis that smoking weed introduced into my life.

That moves us to dabbing instead, which has been considerably less invasive, and then to e-cigs, which is probably what this discussion is more about.

My read, is convenience and marketing.

And in this thread, the question is not just the Sweet Mary's Charms vaporized, but more specifically, the available dilutents under discussion.

A step beyond that, is the question of what if no dilutents are used, but terpenes are added, and that leads us to the question of what terpenes and how much.............

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 11:17 PM #915
zanog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Good questions, though some of the support reasoning falls apart under close scrutiny.
Just the one question, and one of us misunderstood it. I was thinking that because of the thread provides context, why would TT do such thing. Maybe I was wrong about the question.

Can't we try to make a terpene profiles(simplified like others do) and mix according to real strains terpene content? As I understand diluent is for cutting right? Distillates work without it in a cart, not too thick? right?
zanog is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 12:05 AM #916
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
A step beyond that, is the question of what if no dilutents are used, but terpenes are added, and that leads us to the question of what terpenes and how much.............
Very good question. Tests need to be done to see if its unhealthy above a certain percentage.
Not sure how one would go about that. It would take many subjects and many years.

That was supposed to be the whole reason to use Viscosity. It was only terpenes.
CannaRed is online now Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 12:37 AM #917
Mr D

Mr D has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post

Wow thanks for enlightening me I'm off to stock up on Count Chocula and Ramen noodles.

You are a condescending little prick.

Quote:
Studies led by researchers from Monash University and the University of Queensland have linked the most common heat-based methods of food processing to increased insulin sensitivity and type 2 diabetes. This is due to the high levels of glycation end-products in foods treated using these methods. While the research was focused within the country of Australia, the data can be extrapolated to any region where these food processing techniques are utilized.
Mr D is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 01:18 AM #918
zanog

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18331228
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanc...on_end-product

Mr D, you are might be right about that, still not real conclusion, but logical by what I have just read about it.

But this is a bad article about this: https://www.monash.edu/news/articles...ype-2-diabetes the wikipedia link above has couple of good citations about diabetes.

Quote:
Minerals and vitamins has nothing to do with it, at least directly:
Quote:
Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are proteins or lipids that become glycated as a result of exposure to sugars.[1] They can be a factor in aging and in the development or worsening of many degenerative diseases, such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, chronic kidney disease, and Alzheimer's disease.[2]
zanog is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 AM #919
zanog

Quote:
Wow thanks for enlightening me I'm off to stock up on Count Chocula and Ramen noodles.
Even thou you are right by the statement "AGEs may have a role in developing diabetes" all your other statements are false.

And both of you were a little out of line I think, but it wasn't that bad I guess.

And let's not take the thread off track!
zanog is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:18 PM #920
beta

beta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant futurebeta has a brilliant future
Quote:

Medical misinformation kills people, and I have zero patience for it. If you don't want to be treated in a condescending way, don't be so reckless with your words.
beta is offline Quote