Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Love Tents? Why? Hate Tents? Vent Your Reasons!

Thread Title Search
Love Tents? Why? Hate Tents? Vent Your Reasons! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2019, 09:00 AM #31
SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken will become famous soon enoughSnakePlissken will become famous soon enough
Rigid foam works for my environment.
Cheap and easy. Sealed, able to run Co2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190418_145111.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	496541
SnakePlissken is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:13 AM #32
dddaver

dddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond reputedddaver has a reputation beyond repute
I think there is a lot of egoism and self righteous mine is best shit with some things like this. In what universe is paying Mars Hydro $73 for a little 2x2x5' chinese made POS cheap?

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2019, 12:32 PM #33
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
FYI, this happens with the most expensive tents as well, though not quite as much when the material is really thick and heavy. Increase the size/number of intake vents and this problem will go away or at least reduce quite a bit.

Personally I would try and build something for that type of purpose. I do know Mars Hydro makes a 1.3x1.3 at 27"x27" It's small enough to put a lot of places. I have their TSW-2000 (300w) LED in one right now and it's looking really nice
I was thinking the same thing. I can't see a double decker tent being able to hold the weight of the soil and plants. I've gotta do something. Running out of space, and taking forever to show sex.
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2019, 04:24 PM #34
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
I think there is a lot of egoism and self righteous mine is best shit with some things like this. In what universe is paying Mars Hydro $73 for a little 2x2x5' chinese made POS cheap?
I didn't buy it, so for a free tent it's rather nice for the job. The material is very thin though. I poked a hole with ease, using the cut wire end of a length of 4" flexible ducting.

They give you a small roll of aluminum tape to patch holes, it has tie ups for the door and is too short for me for cannabis. lol
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM #35
QQNPK

QQNPK has a spectacular aura aboutQQNPK has a spectacular aura aboutQQNPK has a spectacular aura aboutQQNPK has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I can't see a double decker tent being able to hold the weight of the soil and plants. I've gotta do something. Running out of space, and taking forever to show sex.
Hahaha i felt rather dumb moments after thw comment was made cause i probably dont have it hooked up correctly, i have a fan sucking out the air through the top and theb nothing else lol, i just open the filtervent to get airflow from there lol. Do i need 2 fans to run the tent correctly? Id like a sealed reflector for my 600w hps to have the current fan hooked up to. But so i also need a fan to blow in fresh air? I already cant stand the sound my 500/m2 does..
QQNPK is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 06:58 AM #36
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
I have a older Jardin. It has a few pinholes but it sits in the dark mostly, closet tent. Zipper gave out a few years in but I ripped the one zipper out and learned how to use the remaining zipper right so it does not disengage the teeth. Bit of a trick to make the zipper work. 10 years and still going.

Not sure if the newer models have a better zipper. I would prefer if no zipper was used. Thought of getting a bigger tent as current is only 2x2' and less with negative pressure. I guess the current one will have to do as it tucks into the closet so nice.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 09:50 AM #37
psyphish

psyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nicepsyphish is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
I have a older Jardin. It has a few pinholes but it sits in the dark mostly, closet tent. Zipper gave out a few years in but I ripped the one zipper out and learned how to use the remaining zipper right so it does not disengage the teeth. Bit of a trick to make the zipper work. 10 years and still going.

Not sure if the newer models have a better zipper. I would prefer if no zipper was used. Thought of getting a bigger tent as current is only 2x2' and less with negative pressure. I guess the current one will have to do as it tucks into the closet so nice.
I ran a Secret Jardin DP90 tent for about 8 years, I upgraded it to the DP90 4.0 a few months ago, it's really good quality, the zippers glide smoothly and seem sturdier than the old ones. There's also some extra fabric on top of the zippers, so there won't be light leaks.

psyphish is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 PM #38
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
I've got a 5x5 Gorilla Tent on the way, should be here next week sometime.

I'll let you know if I like it or hate it.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 AM #39
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, appreciate what you're sharing. Looking forward to updates.
This thread has been more informational than I thought it would be.

Thank you.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:39 AM #40
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQNPK View Post
i have a fan sucking out the air through the top and theb nothing else lol
Missed this earlier... I have mine set up the same way. I opened the bottom of one lower vent and put that side toward the darkest corner of the room. I don't see them as being designed as a flowering tent, more for vegging.