Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Triple stacked 3K automatic

Thread Title Search
Triple stacked 3K automatic Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2019, 11:40 PM #201
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Awesome thread, I am going to go back and read the whole thing when I get some time
packerfan79 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:10 AM #202
ganjourno

ganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really nice
Room is 6ftx6ft by 92” internal dimensions.

Lowest buds start about 24” up from the floor, and screens are about 1ft away from the walls, so the flowering area is a cylinder roughly 4ft in diameter and 5.5ft tall, for a canopy area of about 70sqft. Since the footprint of the room is 36sqft, the floor space utilization is about double that of a horizontal grow.

4x4 hog wire mesh for the trellis, works great. Each panel of trellis is simply held with some J-bolts into the cieling, so they are easy to remove. I usually remove them during veg and install them first week into flower. Very helpful for harvest as well, just snip the main stems and then each trellis of three plants can be staged outside for deleafing, then hung upside down back in flower room to dry.

I am reliably above 1GPW now as well.

Vscrog is a lot easier to manage than horizontal IMO since there’s much less bending over and most of it can be done sitting or standing. Because the canopy is usually only about 16” at most off the walls, you avoid the deep digging you need to do to get to the middle area of a deeper horizontal canopy. I usually spend an hour basic lolipopping before the flip, maybe 20 minutes at day 10 and day 15 training into trellis during stretch, two hours larf cleanup, minor defoliation, and training around day 20, another hour defoliation and tying around day 40, and that’s about it until harvest. Probably total canopy labor of about 5-6 hours per run; really not much. As long as you put in work at the right intervals, it’s pretty easy to keep things under control. My worst runs have been when I got lazy and let things get overgrown; which takes a lot of work to clean up and saps energy from the plant, and often irreversible issues like excessive stretch related to crowding. I find it good practice to prune the rear ~1/3 of branches prior to flipping; they just get Larfy in practice, and removing them early saves a lot of cleanup work later on.

The effort per run is roughly:
Cut a tray of clones: 1hr
Transplant clones (when rooted) into 4” pots: 1hr
Transplant rooted teens into final 2.5gal pots in flower room: 2hrs
Canopy management total cycle: 6hrs
Harvest and clean room: 5 hours with a friend, 8hrs if solo

The led side lighting helps a lot to keep the buds more uniform and reduce the amount of larf buds. In vert, since the light predominantly comes from one side, this tends to create an odd bud formation where one side of each bud is more mature and larger than the other. The side lighting strips significantly mitigate this effect, and ensure that what would be the most light deprived areas are still adequately covered.

Last run I only had about 2 zips of untrimmed smalls from about 6 elbows of produce, which is a yield of about 98%, not bad

Last edited by ganjourno; 03-12-2019 at 08:22 AM..
ganjourno is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:12 AM #203
Happosai

Happosai is on a distinguished road
Inspiring your whole set up! I am quite new here and its the first time ever I heard/saw a Vert LED grow. Thanks for sharing
Happosai is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 06:42 AM #204
ganjourno

ganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really niceganjourno is just really nice

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:19 PM #205
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Kudos amigo. Very well done. I dreamed of doing this a couple years ago, you pulled it off amazingly. I really like the additional light in the corners, and the recessed ac above the light tower. Im not quite as techy as you, so I was thinking of just buying some panels and placing them in a triangle or square pattern like you built to make a vert tower as well. You have proven its effectiveness for sure. Beautiful looking ladies as well. How did the bb muffin line turn out?
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:34 AM #206
ganjourno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
How did the bb muffin line turn out?
It's awesome! Fantastic nose and purple all the way through. Yields decently.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:27 PM #207
MapleFarmer

MapleFarmer is on a distinguished road
Great inspiration here!
MapleFarmer is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2019, 11:20 PM #208
ganjourno

Last run was about 1.2 GPW.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:43 AM #209
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
man this is amazing ! - furiously taking notes

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2019, 01:51 AM #210
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
tell us more about doser/soil setup
i prefer organics
whats different about draining , your number of plants from the initial run now
i see alot of white space over the walls of glue
is your strain choice geared for yield?

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote